Hard to lock (no break lock problem)

Rhinozherous

Hey!

I know there is a bug at the moment where the Mirage loses lock in certain circumstances.

But I have a problem which appears since day one with engaging a lock.

1 - When I see a target on screen I slew my tdc over the target and have to push my lock target Button a lot of times before it locks. It feels hard to get the sweetspot on locking up.

2 - Another thing is, sometimes the targets are generally not lockable and seem to teleport in distance... 40 to 80 miles

Is this common? Anyone else experience this?

Than you!

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

I have this issue. I assume it is due to the range of the target, but to be honest I wonder since if the Radar can see the target it should be able to lock it.. (or maybe not)

JD

AKA_MattE

I think so too, it should be more reliable.

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Yeah, sounds to me you guys got fooled by a Jammer. But let´s see if that´s even that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GCI: "Control to SEAD: Enemy SAM site 190 for 30, cleared to engage"

Striker: "Copy, say Altitude?"

GCI: "....Deck....it´s a SAM site..."

Striker: "Oh...."

Fighter: "Yeah, those pesky russian build, baloon based SAMs."

-Red-Lyfe

Best way to troll DCS community, make an F-16A, see how dedicated the fans really are :thumbup:

I have the same problem, and it isnt a jamming signal. Sometimes I sit and throw that TDC around the radar target a lot. Its like having to hit one specific pixel for it to lock. But isnt every time, is a bit wierd.

Is there any delay in what the radar shows. Does a target stay for a few seconds, even after radar has lost the target? At times I loose lock a lot, even when not moving the plane, so wondering if it could be related.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Could be that the "teleporting" targets where jamming results. But the thing that it is hard to engage a lock when tdc is over the symbol has nothing to do with jamming I think.

Is there a way to ask developers about this?

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Simply spitballing, so don't get mad, but is it possible you are trying to lock the ghost?

There would have to be a difference between where the target actually is vs. where it is shown, based on the current location of the sweep... And several hundred knots of closure could make that difference significant.

Maybe try moving the cursor a little toward the direction of travel, instead of directly on the mark..?

Its also a problem when trying to switch to STT mode, a lot of times the "second" lock command unlocks the target.

Sometimes I feel like I am fighting my Radar first then the enemy jets second. Add in the fact that IR missiles don't work at all right now and the mirage is a tough puppy to get kills in at the moment.