Not getting AIM-120 hits

LtMacGowan

i've hit people from 35nm. Sometimes you can catch them sleeping.

Wow I've never hit a player that far away, AI yes but not a player.

When it comes to non-maneuvering targets, 40nm shots are possible as well. You just have to be going fast and if the enemy dives at all the missile is done.

GeForce GTX 970, i5 4690K 3.5 GHz, 8 GB ram, Win 10, 1080p

Hit a two ship yesterday from 33 miles as well. Fired from 45000ft mach 1.6. They did maneuver. But not enough. They where flying at 25.000ft.

I'd like to see the track of that. Pretty sure 2 s turns would be enough to kill your missiles at that range, let alone any defensive jink at the end of flight.

I'd like to see the track of that. Pretty sure 2 s turns would be enough to kill your missiles at that range, let alone any defensive jink at the end of flight.

It's not impossible. I've shot down several fighters at those ranges. This is likely due to the fact they were climbing, heavy, and had no speed for maneuvering.

This is the exact reason I NEVER climb while traveling towards the A/O slow & or heavy...

For the WIN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If your desired effect on the target is making the pilot defecate his pants laughing then you can definitely achieve it with a launch like that.

That is impossible. My windows got corrupted yesterday and i had to re-install.... freaking everything :( So i won't be online for a while as well.

Also they did maneuver... But not to much. They did not do any hard turns or something. But mostly even when they do that it will miss. Not that time.

Edit: They where indeed climbing and in a very low energy state. I think they where still pretty heavy with fuel tanks.

Edited by winchesterdelta1

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.

I mean the 120C in game will make a 60+nmi head to head kill shot when fired high alt high speed vs high alt high speed "manoeuvring but not much" targets. I just can't believe there are pilots worse than AI's when it comes to missile defense. :(

I mean the 120C in game will make a 60+nmi head to head kill shot when fired high alt high speed vs high alt high speed "manoeuvring but not much" targets. I just can't believe there are pilots worse than AI's when it comes to missile defense. :(

You would be surprised how relatively good the AI is sometimes :D

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

I wouldn't say they are worse then AI, I just caught them with their pants down and unable to do anything about it.. Like I said those long distance shots were against targets that were probably stupid heavy and in max rate climb in thin air. I.e. =/<300 kts. Doesn't help their cause either when I'm launching at ~50k M2+

For the WIN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If your desired effect on the target is making the pilot defecate his pants laughing then you can definitely achieve it with a launch like that.

I wouldn't say they are worse then AI, I just caught them with their pants down and unable to do anything about it.. Like I said those long distance shots were against targets that were probably stupid heavy and in max rate climb in thin air. I.e. =/<300 kts. Doesn't help their cause either when I'm launching at ~50k M2+

Maybe, but just pushing the nose over and literally doing a few s turns will kill the missile. Since it's PN it'll just keep pulling 20g back and forth as you wiggle. Bleh, my expectations must be too high

Sometimes ppl in MP seems to be missile magnets. Had that experience the other day on 10'4th.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

Sometimes ppl in MP seems to be missile magnets. Had that experience the other day on 10'4th.

I think I may adopt that as my new call sign. "Miss Mag" - seems about right for my flights lately.

[sIGPIC]http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn266/JINX1391/jinx%20f99th%20sig_zps2hgu4xsl.png[/sIGPIC]

"90% of the people who actually got to fly the F/A-18C

module there (E3 2017) have never even heard of DCS

or are otherwise totally undeserving pieces of trash."

-Pyromanic4002