Mirage looses lock when switching stores and MAGICS not firing

PureAweomeness

I'm having problems with the mirage in the lastest patch. Here's what I do: 1. Turn radar on, master arm, select 530D store, and lock up a target on the radar.

2. Fire a 530D missile once TIR shows up on HUD.

3. Missile misses, I switch to MAGIC (on HOTAS) but I immediatelly lose radar lock.

4. Reaquire target with radar and chase the target to get closer.

5. Once within range and TIR shows up, lock tone is heard so I HOLD down the fire key and nothing. I turn off the radar but the MAGIC doesn't fire neither.

6. Switching back to 530D does fire.

Is the lose lock thingy in STT when changing weapon stores a real life thing or just a bug because this is extremely annoying and caused me to die many times, note this also occurs if i switch to guns and radar is in STT mode. Now with the MAGICs not firing, I can consistently replicate this behaviour by firing the 530D first and then switching to magics, they simply do not fire at anything after that.

Things I checked:

1. Seeker is warmed up (Shows P on the panel).

2. Target is within range and lock tone is heard.

3. Pulling less than 2G and AOA is less than 15 deg.

For your question about Magic II missiles, yes it's buggy, Zeus said he will take a look on monday about what's going on with the latest patch, he got many feedbacks regarding this issue. The RDI is still WIP and that's again a bug... It shouldn't loose lock upon weapons change.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Same issues here. Magic cant go off the rail, radar is loosing lock with super530D much more then in previous patch. Also engine sound is a bit strange at start loud and nice and then when engine start to increase rpm I can barely hear him.

i can only fire one Magic, i get the seeker tone but the other Magics simply do not fire.

same with Bombs, i cant just simply drop a LGB. i have to lock something on the ground and then drop them, very anoying

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

i can only fire one Magic, i get the seeker tone but the other Magics simply do not fire.

Same here. Must be a bug :)

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

I had the same problem yesterday in MP. No magics coming off the rails, and the 530 is nearly useless. Also loosing lock is extremely easy.

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

I had the same problem yesterday in MP. No magics coming off the rails, and the 530 is nearly useless. Also loosing lock is extremely easy.

530 is deadly. Practice changing your PRF when your target tries to notch you. If you lose lock when you change weapons, thats a bug.

The losing lock is a big iusse, somenthing is broken here for my opinion (it's really to easy lose the lock, exaggeratedly i mean) but 530 is really deadly, one shoot - one kill when you can keep the lock.....

We know about the "notching" but this losing lock problem is really exaggerated in M-2000C. Somenthing is broken here, in general, not only related to the changing weapon bug. I can't believe M-2000C was so useless....is not possibile, really...we are talking about French Air Froce...

No chance versus AIM-120, this is ok.

Edited by Conroy

Yes sorry, I didn't specify regarding the 530 I meant that I'm loosing the lock > therefore it's useless. It's not a matter of notching, just rolling or manoeuvring my mirage to keep the target in sight makes me loose the lock. But I think this was already mentioned elsewhere as being a bug.

As a matter of fact, I was chasing an AI Mig-29, about 10nm and I was on his tail. He rolled left and I lost the lock even before he started the notch attempt. Also when loosing lock, the antenna elevation is reset, which makes re-acquiring more cumbersome.

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Found the right Magic not firing error. It was trying to fire the éclair as a Magic. :doh::poster_oops:

Fixed on development. Will be available on next update. :thumbup:

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Radar lock inconsistencies have been fixed in development.

It was an internal check that was forcing a lock reset when it failed. Now if it is in STT mode it will force a STT reset so lock is not lost.

It seems that it also fixed the radar lock loss during weapons change.

Fix will be available on next update.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Does this also include the loose-lock issue while in PID mode, where the radar scans the opposite site of the target?

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Does this also include the loose-lock issue while in PID mode, where the radar scans the opposite site of the target?

That is a graphic issue, not a radar problem itself. The radar is scanning where the target is.

The lock loss issue in PID (TWS) during excessive roll rates is due to another problem that ED must fix first.

Hey Zeus. Did you have a chance to look into the Magic II possible issue where missile could not be fired?

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

The lock loss issue in PID (TWS) during excessive roll rates is due to another problem that ED must fix first.

:doh: Oh God... does it mean we're going to see this fixed in 2 more weeks with everything subject to change?

Hey Zeus. Did you have a chance to look into the Magic II possible issue where missile could not be fired?

yea, look earlier

Found the right Magic not firing error. It was trying to fire the éclair as a Magic. :doh::poster_oops:

Fixed on development. Will be available on next update. :thumbup:

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Radar lock inconsistencies have been fixed in development.

It was an internal check that was forcing a lock reset when it failed. Now if it is in STT mode it will force a STT reset so lock is not lost.

It seems that it also fixed the radar lock loss during weapons change.

Fix will be available on next update.

Holy molly... YEEEEEEES !! :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]