Oculus Headphones Not Working in DCS

mytai01

I'd suggest putting a Headphones option in the VR tab of the Setting.

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

• ED Team

I dont have the rift so am only guessing.

should you not just set the headphones as your default audio device in windows?

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

As NEWY says, make sure that your rift headphones are selected as your default Audio device in Windows AND in the Oculus application in the device settings. Mine work perfectly.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Right click the speaker in bottom right of tool bar and select Playback devices. When the sound window opens up select Rift audio and Set default

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Otay, I did what was suggested and what a pain that is. I guess I should have also mentioned that I'm running sound with the Creative Labs Sound Blaster Titanium X-Fi, a dedicated sound card that runs it's own drivers and volume control with all that crazy Dolby Digital/DTS, etc. So, it now becomes rather cumbersome to switch things around when I want to go and listen to my Klipsch ProMedia 4.1 speakers, or use my Klipsch headset. What a pain. Can't DCS just grab the output device specified in setup and let it go when it is exited? That sounds so much more user friendly and market friendly. I don't know, maybe I'm just crazy.

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

Otay, I did what was suggested and what a pain that is. I guess I should have also mentioned that I'm running sound with the Creative Labs Sound Blaster Titanium X-Fi, a dedicated sound card that runs it's own drivers and volume control with all that crazy Dolby Digital/DTS, etc. So, it now becomes rather cumbersome to switch things around when I want to go and listen to my Klipsch ProMedia 4.1 speakers, or use my Klipsch headset. What a pain. Can't DCS just grab the output device specified in setup and let it go when it is exited? That sounds so much more user friendly and market friendly. I don't know, maybe I'm just crazy.

You can use the tool provided with the rift and remove the headphones then use your dedicated audio solution and headphones if you wish.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

The problem is: when display is being output to the rift, DCS needs to send the audio to the rift - not the default audio device.

There shouldn't be a need for the user to be changing the default audio device within windows. No other VR program I've used so far has made me do it to get sound through the rift, just DCS.

Intel 5820k | Asus X-99A | Crucial 16GB | Powercolor Devil RX580 8GB | Win 10 x64 | Oculus Rift | https://gallery.ksotov.co.uk

Patiently waiting for: DCS: Panavia Tornado, DCS: SA-2 Guideline, DCS: SA-3 Goa, DCS: S-300 Grumble

The problem is: when display is being output to the rift, DCS needs to send the audio to the rift - not the default audio device.

There shouldn't be a need for the user to be changing the default audio device within windows. No other VR program I've used so far has made me do it to get sound through the rift, just DCS.

Did I explain the problem well enough to get some action on this?

Intel 5820k | Asus X-99A | Crucial 16GB | Powercolor Devil RX580 8GB | Win 10 x64 | Oculus Rift | https://gallery.ksotov.co.uk

Patiently waiting for: DCS: Panavia Tornado, DCS: SA-2 Guideline, DCS: SA-3 Goa, DCS: S-300 Grumble

I dont use the rift headphones, so forcing me to do so would be just as counter productive.

This might be more along the lines of DCS Using the Default device for a reason, and since DCS is not launched from within Oculus Home, the "Default Sound Device" Setting there has no effect.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I dont use the rift headphones, so forcing me to do so would be just as counter productive.

This might be more along the lines of DCS Using the Default device for a reason, and since DCS is not launched from within Oculus Home, the "Default Sound Device" Setting there has no effect.

You make a very good point that not all players will be using the rift headphones, so we need to cater for both - without having workarounds. Maybe a "Send audio to rift headphones" option within the VR tab would be suitable?

I didn't realise there was a default sound option within oculus home? I just want to use my rift the way it came.

Try this http://htt....mk Works for me, with win10

Sorry but this isn't the solution for me. I don't see the point in sending all audio to both my headphones and the rift all the time. I'd rather change the default device within windows when I use the rift but it's a pain when I forget and have to close DCS to change it.