I love it !

FZG_Immel

Awesome job, BST!

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Really enjoying flying in my F-5! Great fun to pilot & very impressive performance.

Awesome job by the BST team, thanks for all your hard work! :thumbup:

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

Is she in 2.0 too?

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate. OpenXR, Open XR tool kit disabled.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC.

Vaicom user. Virpil Mongoose base CM3 & Mongoose stick CM2 (not set for dead stick), Virpil TCS with apache Grip. MFG pedals with damper upgrade. Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.

nice work, but a bis missed chance for an awesome module: No AGM-65 or 'active' IFF it's just a F-86 Sabre with afterburners and upgraded sidewinders. It could have been a poor mans F-16... Anyway, great module!

It's like a poor man's F-16A, I think. The original concept for the LWF was a small, fast close-in dogfighter armed only with wingtip AAM's and a gun in line with Boyd's EM Theory. Actually, I think Boyd didn't even want it to have radar.

The Falcon we know today has had a ton of equipment and roles added to it that move it away from it's original concept.

So, maybe think of it like that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Zilch79's YouTube Channel:

.....great bird, big kudos to Belsimtek:thumbup:

P-51, 190-D9, 109-K4, Spitfire MK IX, Normandy, and everything else:joystick:

i7 4770K, 4.3ghz, 32gb ram, Windows-10 Pro, Z87 Exstreme4, Corsair 850w psu, Samsung Evo 1T SSD & 250 SSD, Titan-X 12gb OC, Asus ROG Swift 27"/1440p/144hz/1ms monitor, Trackir 5, TM Warthog & 10cm extension, Saitek TPM, MFG crosswind pedals

I can't wait until my shift is over...only got a couple of simple A2A sorties before I had to call it quits. The F-5 feels like it can be an excellent light strike mud mover, too. With some CBU ad that super precise gun, it'll probably be more potent than expected.

Belsimtek, you guys are rad as hell. I'm in love with the F-5.

Edited by Zilch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Zilch79's YouTube Channel:

Fantastic module, congrats to all at Belsimtek........she's awesome. It's going to be great flying this bird on the NTTR.

Love the music for the F-5 title screen too, great choice. :thumbup:

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

I flew my last sortie in the T-38 over 40 years ago. The F-5 is no T-38 but the handling and control response seems about right for a jet with somewhat more power, weight, and wing loading. Airspeeds in the pattern are about 20-25 KIAS higher which is about what I'd expect and what the fight manual suggests. The only negative flight model comment is that it floats on landing. That's not right. Even the T-38 with a lower wing loading sat down as soon as you pulled power to idle. This thing can be spot on AOA and will float 1000'-1500' after going to idle. Flare a little high and it floats to a nice touchdown after eating up a bunch of runway. A high flare in the T-38 was never a good idea. Lots of accidents and/or ruined underwear come from high flares. It's also a bit pitch sensitive which is making aerobraking touchy. I also think the deceleration rate is too low during aerobraking. I'll have to get a proper touchdown where the nose doesn't go to the runway like a shot duck to tell for sure. The only other issue is going to be setting up a pitch curve that makes over Gs not so easy. The T-38 was light on the controls except in heavy maneuvering. Loaded up the stick forces were high enough to make over G more difficult. Part of it is the limits of the Wathog or any PC joystick.There is no other reason I can think of where it should be so light on the controls. I don't think it should be able to pull 9 G's at just over 300 KIAS either. The buffeting is probably a bit too light and too late but I'd prefer to have the effect under rather than over modeled. Buffet is important in determining max performance maneuvering so getting it close to right will be important. The other quick test I did was a burner climb. IIRC the T-38 burner climb schedule was 300 KIAS to 10K', 400, maybe 450 KIAS, to mach .9 (or .95 not sure), then hold the mach. Seemed about right. All in all a very, very good first impression.

Edited by tweet

Done some flights in her and love her so far =).

Have had some missile related problems but other then that all is good.

Only tried the Aim-9P5 so far but it seems VERY hard to get a good lock with it even if you are point blank behind a Mig-21 with afterburner,The area where you can get a lock is far to small and its not synced to the middle of the pipper either but is higher up.

And also i what was probably a bug where after rearming and getting new missiles they would just not fire

(even if i managed to get that hard to find missile lock they would just not fire).

But other then that i have had no problems and she is a beauty to behold and to fly.

Have had some missile related problems but other then that all is good.

Only tried the Aim-9P5 so far but it seems VERY hard to get a good lock with it even if you are point blank behind a Mig-21 with afterburner,The area where you can get a lock is far to small and its not synced to the middle of the pipper either but is higher up.

I also noticed that.

Looks like the AIM-9P5 is not fully working.

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

FYI, 1.5.4 change-log mentions the AIM-9 FOV problems as a known bug. Not sure if that is the same issue?

-Nick

Probably.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have not tried the Aim-9P yet (and now im off to bed) does anybody know if

the Aim-9P is any better on this point or if it has the same problem.

I'll check.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have not tried the Aim-9P yet (and now im off to bed) does anybody know if

the Aim-9P is any better on this point or if it has the same problem.

The AIM-9P seems to be working better than the AIM-9P5 when it comes to rear aspect.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS keeps getting better and better. I have always loved the little hellion F-5.

Very, very thank you Belsimtek!

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

Thanks for the confirmation Ivan. I've done a little more work in the pattern with it. The landing tutorial flight path boxes create a glide slope way too shallow - I'm guessing closer to 150' per NM. Flying a glide slope closer to 3 degrees, 300' per 1 NM, and being on speed reduces the tendency to float. It's not completely right but is livable. A dragged in approach requires you to carry excessive power so coupled with entering ground effect sooner probably increases the tendency to float, or much worse, balloon. An RSU controller's reaction to a balloon of more than a foot or two was always "Go Around" and if the nose moved much in the ballon an emphatic "BURNERS!" followed. Together with final turn accidents I think flare accidents killed a more students, IPs too, than anything.

I also prefer a 2000' overhead. The higher altitude seems to me to compensate for the higher final turn airspeeds and required slightly wider downwind. It might be because I haven't flown any overhead in a real jet since the mid '80s.

I was taught to fly the fly final on the green donut and crossing the "fence", runway end, to wiggle off a bit of power then flare so to hit landing attitude a couple feet or less off the runway. Wiping off the power resulted in a nice little plunk of the landing. Carrying power longer results in long landings as the jet will float but not nearly as bad as the sim. That was, of course, a T-38 and not an F-5. They should be similar but....

I've also found the radar difficult to lock. Lots of false locks and resets. All successful lock ons have been <5 NM. Missile performance is as others have reported. I've yet to get a proper growl although I've gotten hits.

Bottom line is I'm ecstatic with the flight model. We should be in for many joyful flights if this is the beta model.

Last note for this post is the tutorials. I've not done all of them, yet, but so far they are the best I've seen in a DCS module. My only niggle is the size of the text which may be a result of a 1440p monitor.