Connection timeout and can't re-join server.

1.5.4 When my friend get a connection timeout when flying on my server, he can't re-join that server until I do a restart. Very strange issue...

And what would case a timeout when the ping is good and we're all having fast broadband connections? This time it happened to all clients.

Never had this issue in 1.5.3

Edited by Schmidtfire

1+

I also had this problem

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

it would be nice to see the log from the server

That helps?

Edit:

This is constantly happening.

Logs.zip

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hopefully we can get this taken care of. This time out crash is happening a lot, so much so it's not worth going into MP.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

Hopefully we can get this taken care of. This time out crash is happening a lot, so much so it's not worth going into MP.

Yep!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good to read others are getting this as I can rarely connect to a multiplayer game seemingly since 1.5.4. With open conflict server I get a connection time out as soon as I try and connect and on 104th i tend to get in, load weapons and then get a connection time out. Must be some setups more then others (I'm AMD chipset as well)

I think this may (at least in part) be related to Cargo for the helicopters. On the Virtual Aerobatic server we restored the cargo to the mission with the patch notes saying the prior crash bug was fixed. Initially it seemed to be working, I now believe the bug is still there but working differently. (Helicopter crashing after having selected a cargo, but before picking it up).

What we are seeing now, the server no longer dumps clients out when it happens, instead, new clients are no longer able to connect to the server until the server restarts. We have since removed the cargo from the mission and will monitor to see if the connection issue still occurs.

Here is the server log from the Virtual Aerobatics server last time we had cargo in the mission. Does not seem to show a whole lot, but you can see the cargo being assigned repeatedly. Also notice the connect/disconnect messages. For a good while you can see people connect and then disconnect much later. But at a certain point, everyone who connects is very shortly thereafter disconnected.

Since we have removed the cargo, I have not experienced a crash while trying to connect to the VA. Server has crashed a couple times due to the "Access Violation" issue though.

Hope this helps.

dcs - Cargo issues-26 July 2016.rar

Any of the guys using Radio Standalone? I have the same issue and I reported it on the 104th thread.

Once I stop the server in SR-Server app everything is O.K - I can fly in any server without server connection timeout

worth to see if related...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i5 4690K | ASUS Z-97PRO Gaming Mobo | Nvidia Gigabyte GTX970 3.5/0.5 GB Windforce3 | G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD | Win10 Pro | Antec 750w 80 Bronze Modular

Since we have removed cargo from the Virtual Aerobatics server, we (to the best of my knowledge) have not experienced this issue of getting disconnected and not able to reconnect. The disconnects still happen, but they are able to get back on the server. Also, the server has not crashed for about 2 days now (we restart every 4 hours with a client load of usually 15-40).

Good news for me - tonight I can get on - just played 3 games on 104th without problems (my game play aside) and before today was consistently getting 'connection timed out' every time I tried (with Open Conflict server as well) from 1.5.4 release (before that I was fine). There was a small update today so I wonder

Edited by OllyFox80

• 3 weeks later...

had it again (again being the 30th time this week or so), stuttering throughout gameplay, then spectating a missile with the sea as a background (shouldn't tax the RAM or GPU all that much) caused me to freeze for approximately 30 seconds, then time out. i've had this occur for 2 weeks at least. probably longer due to getting disconnected for no reason before these problems started. it's making MP near impossible on large scale missions such as 104th or open conflict. i have 8 gigs of ram, 4 gigs of vram, a 4 ghz i7, and the install is clean on an SSD. i don't understand how this isn't enough.

sorry if my attitude is not the best, i'm just tired of this happening every single time i try MP (and that's not an exaggeration, maybe twice or three times every time before i can even get to the slotting menu) and i don't want to spend an extra 40 dollars on 8 more gigs of RAM. i've seen that 8 gigs is supposedly the minimum requirement now (which i think it's astonishing that we've come this far) but i hoped that 8 gigs could do much more than this.

logs attached. i don't know what to do now.

Logs.zip

Edited by Harpoon

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

• 2 weeks later...