F-22 Rulez!!!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no no no the flanker can do the cobra and has IRST, if it keeps facing one direction while doing cobras it will win!! ;)

Now seriously, this has been donne to death. the last with F-22's was actualy about 4rth gen doctrines, not my fault everybody swiched over to raptor bashing mode, wich will be this case also.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

The F-22 might be a very efficient aircraft.

But IMO the plane has no soul, no history, and an uncertain future.

And as I'm not a F-22 pilot I don't care for the thing one bit.

When it comes to simulations it's just an ugly POS that takes away much of the fun in gaming and only fits in future war scenarios fighting "terrorists", let's just say that's not my cup of tea. Nor is the F-22 (quite obvious isn't it?).

• Like 1

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

Hmm, where do I get this temptation to close the tread before it went downhill...

Anyway as long as it's civil I don't mind.

P.S. Don't really like F-22. It's expensive and controll system on that thing is a mutated dinosaur, which should be put out of its misery. Prefer Fulcrum myself :pilotfly:

The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.

Besides JDAMs, it's got SDBs.

Before it sees action, all this thread can be is theory and conjecture. And I don't see it facing any top notch competition in the near future to give a realistic showing of its capabilities. USAF exercises show great things, but until there's life and death on the line, we just won't know for sure.

The F-22 might be a very efficient aircraft.

But IMO the plane has no soul, no history, and an uncertain future.

And as I'm not a F-22 pilot I don't care for the thing one bit.

When it comes to simulations it's just an ugly POS that takes away much of the fun in gaming and only fits in future war scenarios fighting "terrorists", let's just say that's not my cup of tea. Nor is the F-22 (quite obvious isn't it?).

Having no soul is symptomatic of it being a new aircraft. All planes gain their carisma after years of use.

The F-22 Epitomizes the efficiancy with the interface between man and machine, this what I find it to be the raptors strong part. When you get into combat you dont want to flip 20 swiches all over the dashboard because not ontly that hampers you but its also too slow to react in time, and degrades your SA.

The enemy does this and all I gotta do is aply force to the fingers on the positions thay are at all times and I will know what the enemy is doing and always anticipate his moves. I will have a missile up his tailpipe even before he thinks about doing the same.

This reflects the X52 profile I have. almost all buttons are dedicated to snatching up a target on the sensors as fast as possible so I spend more time getting into vantageous tactical position.

Having said that I think the F-35 pit will have to be redesigned at some stage. 3 MFD's, wide angle HUD and helmet mouted sight is all a pilot will need. Star treck wide touch screens, in my mind are one of those technolocal "neat to have" gadgets that despite looks do not offer anything better than an F-22 like pit layout offers, worse it can prove less practical. At high G's you cant lift your arms from the stick for jerking arround with the touch screen. Thats for inertial nullifiers in Star Trek.

I dont think F-35 pit is even remotely pretty, nor that much practical than that of the Raptors, or any other pit of that style. I would feel like a 25th century baby in a cybernetic crib. :D

My PC specs below:

Sad little Fulcrum won't even know what hit it... ;D
Brave little Fulcrum to take on F-22! It is about how big the heart is, not how stealthy the airplane is!

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

He-he, ok, give me my Fulcrum, you get the Raptor, and lets dance Pilotasso! Pilot is always the limiting factor...

P.S. Gunzo, although unprobable in real life, will always be the true test for the better pilots. And when within VR, Raptors advantages are severely deminished...

The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.

I agree with the comment that it has no soul. It's boring, it's not even ugly. It's the pre-fab metal industrial unit of the aviation world imho. Although I admit it was pretty cool to fly in Jetfighter II if you can remember that far back. The novelty of a new girlfriend, yes that's what it was.

Unmanned remote controlled death seems to be current zeitgeist in the modern world :(

Does the F22 have a pilot or systems operator? Russian jets are romantic. Sorry, I'm not 'on message' with the F22 love, I only had the above to say on the topic and I'm done now.

I can show willing though, "yay F22 FTW". That ok? (mutters: "still boring though")

:)

This our hobby - not our job - if we are not having a laugh, we're doing it wrong. - Rats

Come on, lets start a big f-22 loving thread, the thing is great, has great engines, thrust vectoring, stealth, wings, a canopy, good new seat, LPI radar, AIM-9X, aim-120D, JDAMS, everything.

Yaay, the F-22 rules!

F-22launch2_300_Raptor%2002%20fires%20AIM%209.jpg

I must say this is a nice photo. I like it, it is very clean.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nah, it's a bland looking aircraft....thats said as an aircraft lover though, and of course it's just my opinion. As a warfighter (which I'm not, but if I was!), I would have to guesstimate that the F22 will no doubt take it.

Slight coincidence, but I've just finished watching an episode of Top Gear where they compared the Ferrari Enzo to the F50 - Jeremy Clarkson ultimately came down on the side of the F50, saying something like "The Enzo is without doubt faster, but there are too many computers. The F50 is more fun!"

And perhaps thats what gets people fighting - The F22 may win the fight, but IMHO it doesn't do it with panache or style - of course thats not what fighting a war is all about, but we are aircraft enthusiasts at heart, and for some the F22 just doesn't do it at all. So when some people constantly remind others that 'The F22 pwns everything, always, in all situations!', it just seems like baiting - and someone will always rise to take a bite....

Which reminds me, I was wondering - are people going to wax as lyrical about the combat abilities of the first UCAV into the air-to-air fight? IMHO the answer would have to be: hardly - whilst a UCAV may be able to utterly slaughter a manned fighter in the near future, it will be even more soulless (er, especially without a pilot!) than the F22. A clinical dealer of air-to-air death. But will it be beautiful as a piece of aviation? If you find function over form to be beautiful, then maybe. But for me, for all their limitations and faults, I still find aircraft such as the Su27, the Constellation, the Mustang, the Concorde etc beautiful. Something a UCAV (and the F22) just......aren't.

IMHO.

He-he, ok, give me my Fulcrum, you get the Raptor, and lets dance Pilotasso! Pilot is always the limiting factor...

Im afraid with the mig, it would mean double disavantage for you, plane and pilot. ;) :D

P.S. Gunzo, although unprobable in real life, will always be the true test for the better pilots. And when within VR, Raptors advantages are severely deminished...

Not realy. The F-22 is extremely agile. I has been reported to be better than even the F-16.

The only plane I can think of making something the Raptor cant at WVR would be the Su-30MKI with ruder thrust vectoring. but you wont get much chances of using that, because then you will have exausted your speed and become a stationary target. The F-22 superior T/W ratio would give the critical ability of better energy play. I would wait for the opportunity to shoot up untill you be forced to level nose and then shoot ya like a clay pigeom from above.

My PC specs below:

I have to say that I admire the designers for what they've acomplished with the F-22...... But I don't like it.

It looks like roadkill. I mean, you know what an animal looks like when it's been run over by a truck..... Well the F-22 looks like the result of that happening to an F-15 to me, especially from the front. :music_whistling:

I swear I was over on metacafe and witnessed the same argument. I don't have near the knowledge of these planes that you guys do but I have given this some thought as well. (Sorry, I am not aware of the deadhorse thread mentioned earlier. So I apologize for jumping on this wagon late)

I bet you guys will have the answers to these questions.

While the cobra is really nice to watch, wouldn't that just get the amraam to slam into your skin all that much quicker?

Didn't we have a modified F-15C eagle at one time with vectored thrust and canards (along with louvers for reversing) There would have to be some reason that our military chose not to explore this option. Possibly they believe speed/stealth is the greater advantage over maneuverability. This aircraft was from the mid to late 80's? Thats some time ago.

Don’t' we blow a hell of a lot more of our taxpayers money on training our guys than anyone else?

Isn't our technology in terms of the electronic battlefield superior? Data linking etc etc. I know Russian aircraft have the IRST (don’t we have some equivalent?)

I remember hearing Russians had superior engines that gave an enormous thrust advantage (the show boasted at the time a mig29 could perform "almost" the same as an F-15 with one engine shut down) I swear! It was on a show!

Hey! Didn't India just whoop our ass in some match 9/10 times with their migs vs our F-15's?

Who wants to field this one? Any takers?

Jeff

F-22 pls

Can the moderator pls. move this to general discussion thread. We have had this discussion to a VERY great extent over the past 3-4 weeks. I think that is quite enough on this subject in this thread anyway. I speak for myself but I am sure others agree. This is a dead horse. Weve flogged it to death. Lets go with something more important like How far away is our new addon to the game, is Starforce a dead horse or if we get FC do we still have to deal with that problem, etc. Put the thread where it should be and by the way should have been from the start but that's old news. Lets get back to what we can do to improve this flight sim. etc. Cheers. Hope you noticed I did'nt say get rid of it just put it where it should go. I know I will get dinged on that one. Cheers