Rlaxoxo

Hi Rlaxoxo, i "moded" your mod

Sdef modifications:

- I have created proper radius & cone angles for all sounds

- Adjusted gain values for more balanced global ambiance

- Adjusted pitch for some sound, to get good transition and effects

- Adjusted gain for cockpit alert & magic search/seek

Sound modifications:

- e_M2kC_combustion_idle : equalized with less high freq to get better effect at high pitch

- e_M2kC_turbine_mid : passed it in "mono", get better effect and prevent strange effect for transition from mid to full

- Converted all sound in OGG format (much more lightweight)

Just have a try, and tell me...

http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=144325&stc=1&d=1468686359

Yea I checked it out and it was pretty much similar what I did we had same idea

Gonna perfect it and upload it as v3

Thanks for your help : )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

Seriously mate... YOU NAILED IT ! Perfect, there you go ! This new version is the real deal when airborne. It remains a bit silent on the ground but I guess that's because there are still missing sounds from RAZBAM right ?

Edited by Sacha

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Seriously mate... YOU NAILED IT ! Perfect, there you go ! This new version is the real deal when airborne. It remains a bit silent on the ground but I guess that's because there are still missing sounds from RAZBAM right ?

I can increase the volume of the engine when it's on the ground and idle but I wasn't sure if I should do that still debating

I thought this was good because it gives a smooth transition

At any case if you go to

/Mods/aircraft/M-2000/Sound/sdef/......./Scema/combustion_idle.sdef - For engine noise

/Mods/aircraft/M-2000/Sound/sdef/......./Scema/turbine_idle.sdef - For turbine noise

Open it with notepad you can edit the noise level your self by changing the number for example

"gain = 1.2" -> "gain = 1.8"

It will be slightly louder

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

Don't know, RWR is highly classified

These are my custom RWR sounds that I forgot to remove when doing the mod : /

Your RWR sounds much better than the stock version :thumbup:

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

I can increase the volume of the engine when it's on the ground and idle but I wasn't sure if I should do that still debating

I thought this was good because it gives a smooth transition

At any case if you go to

/Mods/aircraft/M-2000/Sound/sdef/......./Scema/combustion_idle.sdef - For engine noise

/Mods/aircraft/M-2000/Sound/sdef/......./Scema/turbine_idle.sdef - For turbine noise

Open it with notepad you can edit the noise level your self by changing the number for example

"gain = 1.2" -> "gain = 1.8"

It will be slightly louder

Gonna try that right away !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sounds good, will give it a try.

Does it replace or interfere with other modules, altering their sounds?

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Just gave it a quick spin, and one thing I miss, is the wind. Dont hear it enough, engine has become the dominating factor. Say from high altitude, I cut the throttle back to idle, and just point the nose down, and let it accelerate from around 200kn to 600kn, and the wind noise barely changes. I basically loose the sensation of speed / acceleration, due to the lack of wind noise.

Engine etc, sounds really good though, and has a great balance. For me, if there was more wind noise on top, it would be pretty darn good.

Im running default sound options. Just lowered helmet volume (dont use as in helmet function), to 85% I think.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Just gave it a quick spin, and one thing I miss, is the wind. Dont hear it enough, engine has become the dominating factor. Say from high altitude, I cut the throttle back to idle, and just point the nose down, and let it accelerate from around 200kn to 600kn, and the wind noise barely changes. I basically loose the sensation of speed / acceleration, due to the lack of wind noise.

Engine etc, sounds really good though, and has a great balance. For me, if there was more wind noise on top, it would be pretty darn good.

Im running default sound options. Just lowered helmet volume (dont use as in helmet function), to 85% I think.

Go into the mod and when you see "Mods" and "Sounds" folder

Go into Sounds/effect/aircraft and Delete PlaneFurWind

Go into Sounds/sdf/aircraft and Delete PlaneFurWind

All of those files and delete them

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

Notice that the gain values are normalized according some rules at output. The final output gain is always "1.0", which is logical. The fact is, when you put a gain value of "3.0" to a sound, that don't "amplify" the sound, that normalize all sounds that are suppoed to be mixed with it.

For example:

In (sdef file) :

Sound1 gain=1.0 / Sound2 gain=2.0 / Sound3 gain=3.0

out (normalized for audio output) :

Sound1 gain=0.3 / Sound2 gain=0.6 / Sound3 gain=1.0

This is why you must take care about the original/standard DCS sound gain: They give you the "middle line"... in fact you should not touch the standard DCS sdef files, that creates more problem, than resolving it.

Edited by sedenion

Mnah, thats too loud wind. Kills the rest of the new good stuff. I need a wind noise slider, hehe.

Devs will probably include these sounds in the next patch

Excluding the custom Wind noise that comes with this mod

This new sound is fantastic, thank you for the excellent work! I'm glad to hear that it will be formally integrated into the module, it really adds to the experience.

-Nick