CFT model for F-15

Tatti

It's amazingly great work Tatti - rep inbound!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (Venice, OC to 2,66 GHz), MSI K8N Neo Platinum (nForce 3 250 Gb), 1,5 GB Corsair PC-3200 RAM, GeForce 7800GS 256 MB VGA (G71, OC to 535/1550 MHz, ForceWare 84.21), 2 x 300 GB Maxtor DiamondMax 10 SATA HDD (RAID 0), SB Audigy 2 ZS, 480W Thermaltake PurePower TWV PSU, Win XP SP2, MS SideWinder Precision 2, Belkin Nostromo n52 SpeedPad, HP L1902

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just tried this mod in-game. Great stuff ("a must get") - rep inbound.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

WOW, good job, BTW where can I get the japanese camos?

BTW theres a terminoly mistake here, these are not comformal tanks, these are simple drop tanks. Conformal tanks are those mounted under the wingroots of the F-15E.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

lol no, let him focus on the new F-15 lol. j/k but yea the R-77 probably needs work too, i think Walmis would be able to do that since he made the AIM-120 and AIM-7. I don' want to put any pressure on him on building it because that's his choice since i know he made those weapons for f4:AF. I thought it would be easier since he has somewhat of the shape of the missile done from the AIM-120, maybe alter the shape? Then again, i don't really know anything about modeling. :doh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

R-77 FPS bug

SuperKungFu, it may look weird, but I actually copied aim-120.lom over r-77.lom to get rid of that horrible FPS bug that R-77 model causes. :doh:

It's a good fix for the time being.. until ED, or any 3rd party modeler fixes it in more proffessional manner.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Just tested it ingame. It looks absolutely brilliant, and definitely compliments D-Scythe's F-15C 'Strike Eagle paint package' very well!

Couldn’t agree more .. his Birds of Prey: F-15C Skin Pack is just excellent.

------------------------------------------------

Anyone know if the F15C ever carries just two tanks on the wings, similar to the strike eagle or is it just three tanks or only one?

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

Great model but has anyone made a higher rez texture for it?

It looks Ok from distance but up close the texture seems a bit pixalated at 1680x1050

Thanks in advance,

:Core2Duo @ 435FSB x 7 3.05GHz : ATI x1900xtx: 2GB Patriot @ 435Mhz : WD 250Gb UATA: Seagate 320Gb SATA2: X-Fi Platinum:

@Tatti: Great work, I like ur Model very much. One Problem i have: Shadows from the Plane do not cast on the Tank. I suppose this can be easily fixed with walmis Solution u can read about here:http://forum.lockon.ru/showpost.php?p=251170&postcount=37

Would be greatly appreciated and make this Mod perfect!

S!

Brati

"Helicopters can't fly; they're just so ugly the earth repels them." (THX Rich :thumbup: )

33rdsignatureimage7klmu6.jpg

@Tatti: Great work, I like ur Model very much. One Problem i have: Shadows from the Plane do not cast on the Tank. I suppose this can be easily fixed with walmis Solution u can read about here:http://forum.lockon.ru/showpost.php?p=251170&postcount=37

Would be greatly appreciated and make this Mod perfect!

S!

Brati

Glad you mentioned this :) i see the same thing too, would be great to see it corrected since its a great model!

• 2 weeks later...

Great Job. Now the BIG Project, a nice F-15E to go along with it. You ever notice when someone does a nice job modeling, we tend to keep him going. Ha Ha. On a serious note, a new F-15 would be greatly appreciated by many in this forum. I am still using 1.02 so would be nice to make it for that as well as FC or BS. I only fly the F15 in lockon so I would really like to see you give it a go.Cheers.

Sorry for keeping you waiting, but I have currently a lot of stuff on my mind in rL. However I'll correct the material issue as soon as possible. Concerning the F-15C model I already started but the model isn't optimized, there is no damage model, it is not animated and also not unwrapped for use with old F-15C skins. I'll be very busy until June 2007, so I propably won't have time to complete the model in the next months. But as you most likely know Walmis has started working on the F-15C model and his progress looks amazing. So there is a lot of hope for you F-15 Pilots.

regards,

Tatti

sigfinal.gif

fixed materials

Usually when I say I'll do it when I have time it means I'll do it two weeks after never. Taking that into consideration I fixed it faster than I'd have thought. Seriously now, I set all materials to standart and edited the F15-PTB.skins File accordingly. However I noticed no problems on my machine using the old release with per pixel specular lighting. Normally I've shadow self cast turned off, but for experimental purposes I turned it on and everything seemed to look as intended. Maybe the issue is connected with specific graphic cards / video drivers. I'm using an Nvidia Geforce 7800 and to everyone else using a Nvidia card or not having any shadow self cast issues I recommended using the previous release of this mod. Anyone having shadowing issues should try this standart material release: http://tattinet.ath.cx/lomac/mods/F15-ConformalFuelTanks-fixed.zip

The release is LOMAN compatible.

I hope this will solve your problems. If you had a shadowing problem that was solved or not solved by this fix it would be nice if you could drop a reply stating if the issue got corrected and what graphics card you have.

regards,

Tatti

sigfinal.gif