DCS F-15C: The Georgian War Campaign

@ram good eye!

There are a couple small errors with briefing images that have since been fixed internally but didn't quite make it to release...we have sent updated files to ED so they should be in the next patch!

I guess you have also noticed the discrepancy between briefing images and actual loadouts.

E.g. mission 2: 4x120 2x7 2x9 briefing vs 6x120 and 2x9 actual.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

Yes, we have fixed it internally but have to wait for the next patch to update, sorry about that. Will also be good in the docs (hopefully tomorrow when we also have a separate thread for the campaign).

The reason is that about 2/3rd of the building process we found out (kudos Sryan) that Sparrow was no longer used in 2008 (though it remains in one of the missions, but there is a reason for it and it is explained in the dialogue). Hence the omission in the docs.

Edited by baltic_dragon
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 2 months later...

good evening everyone ,

I have a problem with mission 1, I have no auditory briefing of "peggy", only that of the controller for the different authorizations start, taxi and takeoff, and nothing else, yet I could see on the youtube videos, that the dialogues of this mission were numerous, would you have a solution to this problem?

thanking you

cordially

MSI Z490 gaming Plus, I9 10900K, RTX 2080Ti inno3D, 64 Go GSKILL 3200 ,Pimax 5k+ ,Hotas Warthog Thrustmaster , rudder Thrust ,ssd ultimate 1to M2, 4 Hd

Hi Laurent. Unfortunately there was an issue with the copy protection when the campaign last updated, and as a result none of the triggered events are occurring in missions.

The folks at ED have been made aware of the problem and we hope a patch will be available soon.

Thanks for your patience!

FeeFiforum

first of all thank you for the answer, here I am reassured, I thought to be the only one to have this problem, seen the videos on youtube!

for patience, no problem, I have fun! good night

MSI Z490 gaming Plus, I9 10900K, RTX 2080Ti inno3D, 64 Go GSKILL 3200 ,Pimax 5k+ ,Hotas Warthog Thrustmaster , rudder Thrust ,ssd ultimate 1to M2, 4 Hd

Hi Laurent. Unfortunately there was an issue with the copy protection when the campaign last updated, and as a result none of the triggered events are occurring in missions.

The folks at ED have been made aware of the problem and we hope a patch will be available soon.

Thanks for your patience!

I thought It was me and my sound mods that I installed. I reinstalled all 2 times,erase 4-5 times campaign to reinstall.I was going really mad ahahaha :joystick:. So it is a common error if we can't play the campaign fore now because none of the triggers are not working right?

same for me Baris, I spent many hours looking for the solution !!!! hahhahahahah !! for finally, something that I rarely do, ask the question on the forum !!! lol

Yeah, it's broken for everyone at the moment. Sorry guys. :(

You can roll your DCS back to the previous version if you're stuck anywhere other than mission 3 to continue with the campaign...we patched the campaign to fix a bug in mission 3 (which came about from fixing a DIFFERENT bug in mission 3....wheee!) If you're stuck at mission 3, unfortunately you'll need to wait for the patch because the last version had issues with that particular op.

For instructions on how to roll back to the previous version, check THIS thread.

Edited by feefifofum

Yeah, it's broken for everyone at the moment. Sorry guys. :(

You can roll your DCS back to the previous version if you're stuck anywhere other than mission 3 to continue with the campaign...we patched the campaign to fix a bug in mission 3 (which came about from fixing a DIFFERENT bug in mission 3....wheee!) If you're stuck at mission 3, unfortunately you'll need to wait for the patch because the last version had issues with that particular op.

For instructions on how to roll back to the previous version, check THIS thread.

I'll be patient.Don't worry,shit happens :pilotfly:

Hello feefifofum,

Could you specify which version of DCS will correct the triggers issue ? My DCS has been updated to 1.5.7.11762 today and I still got the issue with no triggers at all in mission. So perhaps it's another patch to come ?

Thanks for the support.

Screen_171119_232255.thumb.jpg.d37ae3c971dc3166323cff70b2e3debb.jpg

Screen_171125_124840.thumb.jpg.a9628dfe9b5a72ad903bd239d8c8811b.jpg

Edited by swiss_lipo

You will not see any triggers when you open the .miz; for protected content, they are contained in a separate file not accessible to the end user.

The missions should play normally when you run them, 1.5.7.11762 is the current release and both Dragon and I as well as the ED team tested the patch prior to release.

EDIT: Just to confirm, I've just personally tested in the public 1.5.7.11762 release and everything appears to be in order.

Edited by feefifofum

Thank you for the informations on the triggers. Yes it makes sense actually.

Now for playing the campaign itself, I am not sure what I did wrong the first time. Here I had to reset it and close DCS. When I launched it again it worked perfectly. Mission one done.

Thanks for the continuous support !

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Fantastic campaign, many thanks!

I am stuck in mission 07 however, and any help would be very much appreciated. After being redirected to monitor the L-39s, I find them making dry runs around friendly positions, without ever dropping their ordinance and eventually fliying into terrain. Is there any way to complete the mission without them firing anything?

I tried the following:

NAV to Kodori valley: either straight from WP4 (just after Magic's call) to WP10, or flying to 300 as ordered and then 110 when instructed (to avoid the SA-11 site). Does not seem to have an impact.

Monitoring the L-39s, I am making a wide pattern around the valley of interest at Angels 30. After a couple of unsuccessful tries, I was just looking at their game tags rather than bothering with radar work.

I found the following thread, and de-activated any mod (esp. textures), without success:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3335576

All missions end with one of them flying into terrain and magic accusing me of violating ROEs => mission failure.

On one exception, they finally dropped bombs (after a few minutes of dummy runs to check the wind), I took them out only to later get killed by my own wingman while attacking the helos later in the mission... :wallbash: I could not reproduce that (them dropping bombs I mean... I can reproduce friendly kills alright).

Please let me know if this can be worked around. Thanks for the cool campaign anyways!

Hey Lalbatros,

Please have a look here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=198501

We have updated and submitted the campaign, so the issue should be fixed with the next update of 1.5.8 - the AI was behaving really weird after one of the recent patches. So you should be good to go once the new version is out!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Believe me, Lalbatros, I second your :wallbash:

We literally patched a different problem that cropped up with AI in the last update, only to find this new issue had appeared and continued to block progress for people.

I've made it impossible for the AI to trigger an ROE violation on their own in this op, as well as simulated the attack on the Georgian positions in the event the L-39s fail to release ordnance.

Thanks for your kind words, we hope the updated .miz will be available to everyone soon. :thumbup: