Krasnodar Variable ground attack (SP or MP)

@Apache600 -- I'm afraid that I gave you some bad information. The "lower than" altitudes for the heli rooftop missions work fine for the Huey, but not all work for the Mi-8. Apparently, aircraft altitude is based on center-of-gravity or something like that. I have now tested all three difficulty missions with both aircraft multiple times. The changes that should be made are these:

Easy: 82 meters -- OK as is.

Medium: 95 meters -- increase to 96 meters

Hard: 119 meters -- increase to 120 meters

You could go even higher to be safe, but then the trigger might fire a bit too early.

I am sorry for this. I thought I had enough margin in the original numbers.

Paul

Thanks Paul! Not to worry. Those numbers have already been modified in the new version, which will release very soon. I had a similar issue a few days ago with the Mi-8 on the "Crash Site" mission. The elevation of the ground is at 14 meters. and my trigger was looking for a helo that was less than 16. When an Mi-8 would land, it's altitude (via the external view statues bar) showed exactly 16 meters. So the trigger never tripped. It wasn't until the helicopter was hit by a tank shell, and rolled onto it's side, that the altitude changed to 15 meters. That's when the injured crew decided to get on board. hahaha

This new version is going to be a good one. Not as significant as a change as the last one, but pretty darn close. There's a new helo mission too! Get your practice on with Sling Loads :) Once I get the new voice files created and edited, it'll be posted.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Museum Relic Campaign: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164322

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Apache600

Awesome job on the mission! played the latest version 0864 single player and works great, quick question, me and my buddy were flying on the DCS inferno server for a while and I suggested we play your mission. I set up the server as usual and he joined the server no problem and I loaded straight into the aircraft selection menu as host, however on his side he just had a loading screen that went forever and never got to the aircraft selection menu. then he tried hosting and same thing happened to me. we then tried creating our own server with a mission i made and straight in.

any idea why the non-hosting side seems to stall on the loading screen?

any idea why the non-hosting side seems to stall on the loading screen?

Right now, the server has to push the mission to all clients regardless of whether the client already has the mission. With a 30Mb mission and (usually) a slower upload speed than download speed, this causes such a delay. If you have more than 2 people, that delay is even longer since the server's upload bandwidth is spread among all clients.

It was this mission that inspired me to add a request for MD5 hash checking to the wishlist. Please +1 on that other thread if you agree.

• 3 weeks later...

That's awesome :) You guys working on completing all the missions inside of it???

btw, I'm currently hard at work on the same type of mission, but for the NTTR map. I've been working on it for a while now and will be testing it with a group I fly with, but it's still got a long way to go before I open it up to the public and the forums here. To give you an idea, this Krasnodar map has just shy of 1,600 units in total on it. My NTTR one has ~1,850 right now, and still needs some flushing out on some of the missions. There will also be more love for the Helo's, in that the city of Las Vegas city itself has Easy, Medium, and Hard missions inside of it, that way the helo's can easily join in on since the travel times are less (All fixed wings will be based at Nellis, while all Helo's will be based on FARPS just south of Nellis about 7km or so) There will also be the same kinds of Helo specific missions which require rescues and what-not too. I think this will be a good sequel to the Krasnodar mission.

- Apache600

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

That's awesome :) You guys working on completing all the missions inside of it???

btw, I'm currently hard at work on the same type of mission, but for the NTTR map. I've been working on it for a while now and will be testing it with a group I fly with, but it's still got a long way to go before I open it up to the public and the forums here. To give you an idea, this Krasnodar map has just shy of 1,600 units in total on it. My NTTR one has ~1,850 right now, and still needs some flushing out on some of the missions. There will also be more love for the Helo's, in that the city of Las Vegas city itself has Easy, Medium, and Hard missions inside of it, that way the helo's can easily join in on since the travel times are less (All fixed wings will be based at Nellis, while all Helo's will be based on FARPS just south of Nellis about 7km or so) There will also be the same kinds of Helo specific missions which require rescues and what-not too. I think this will be a good sequel to the Krasnodar mission.

- Apache600

The new mission sounds awesome! We will look forward to it.

We are working our way through all of the missions in Krasnodar Ground Attack. We tend to fly the same mission over and over until we have it down, then move on to another selection. It's a great way to design a mission.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

There should be a few ways to find it. In the briefing pages, there's an image that shows the area where all the easy missions are located. If you fly over there, a smoke marker should go off, showing where the convoy is.

Secondly, the text brief after selecting the missions should have a reference number near the QFE. That number correlates with another page in the briefing images that shows Lat/Long coordinates for each and every mission.

Lastly ... you can always just hit F10 and see where they are on the map. But I try and give these other options in case you don't want to use the "all seeing eye" of the F10 map.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...