Belsimtek Magnificent Mi-8 is true to it's name

• ED Team
Wow look forward to that ! We could use a tail gunner for those fast movers that come up the rear!

So far, we decided to do so: door gunner (KORD 12.7) can be controlled by both the player and the AI, and aft gunner (PKT 7.62) - only AI

Edited by PilotMi8

just bought this 4 days ago and its excellent but we need door gunners

One of the devs said they're coming. Not sure where I read this, but yeah, we're getting them.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

So far, we decided to do so: door gunner (KORD 12.7) can be controlled by both the player and the AI, and aft gunner (PKT 7.62) - only AI

Great news.

But how about hot starts, EGT and engine limits, and multiplayer for the Huey. How is it that THIS landmark module is so neglected.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Great news.

But how about hot starts, EGT and engine limits, and multiplayer for the Huey. How is it that THIS landmark module is so neglected.

The Tiger release is probably a factor. Patience brings great rewards.

• 2 weeks later...

Just had to get back to this thread, now didn't I? :P Anyway, going on a holiday has its drawbacks too, namely, no flying the big auld gurl for a week and a half still! Plus the hangover I'm experiencing ATM, but let's not talk about that...

So what, if anything, have the latest patches brought as regards the Mi-8? Holidaying minds want to know ;)

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Well, there was only one patch for 1.5.x while You were away causing hangovers and it didn't bring anything apart from some "crash fix" according to the changelog.

There's always some new stuff missing in the changelogs, but still, during my few short runs with the Hip I haven't noticed any "in Yer face" changes (apart from the fact that trimming started to work again, but that was a fix for a general DCS controllers issue some of us experienced).

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I Agree with all the positive comments on this great Mi-8 Simulation and would like to add to the list.

The Cockpit Modeling If you ever get a chance to fly With The Oculas Rift or any other VR Device it will give you a New Appreciation of the Very Talented Belsimtek team and the Amazing job they did Modeling the Mi-8 office,It is beyond description experiencing this in VR and 3D.

Thank You:thumbup:

Patrick

mini.gif

Colleagues, we are very pleased to read that you have seen and appreciated our work:)!

With the Release of the DCS: Mi-8 in addition to the bugs fix, add doorgunner and other features awaits you a complete description of the Systems of hels and Procedures, in style as in the MiG-15 Flight Manual!

Perhaps English (in describe the Systems) will not be very good, but I think - will be understandable:))

Nice !

• 3 months later...

Well let me describe in my words. I am in love with this bad girl. This is the best simulation of mi-8 there is no alternative. It is beautiful and beyond my expectation. Thank you BST for such a beauty.

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

Wait a min! When did the Mi-8 get door gunners and a sling? That's amazing!!!

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

Can the rear doors also be removed? Could have sworn I've read that in a previous patch note, however, it didn't seem to be enabled then; is it now?

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Can the rear doors also be removed? Could have sworn I've read that in a previous patch note, however, it didn't seem to be enabled then; is it now?

Yes, it's an option in the mission editor. It was added a while ago.

• Like 1

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.