1.5.4 Su-27 Won't Trim?

ekg

This was in misc right?

Anyways I tried it and now DCS crashes with this:

00021.418 ALERT   LUACOMMON: Error: GUI Error: [string "./MissionEditor/modules/Options\Data.lua"]:384: attempt to index field 'VR' (a nil value)
GUI debug.traceback: stack traceback:
   [C]: ?
   [string "./MissionEditor/modules/Options\Data.lua"]:384: in function 'getVRChanged'
   [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_options.lua"]:97: in function 'onChange'
   [string "./dxgui/bind/Button.lua"]:22: in function 'callback'
   [string "./dxgui/bind/Widget.lua"]:310: in function <[string "./dxgui/bind/Widget.lua"]:305>
00040.248 INFO    EDCORE: (dDispatcher)enterToState_:5

Try to rename/move or delete your DCS folder in ..\<user>\saved games\.

Or if that doesn't do anything for you, then try a repair.

EDIT: you can start with deleting/renaming the options.lua in that folder if you do not want to start all over with you keybinds and stuff.

Edited by Svend_Dellepude

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

Latest Open Beta should have fixed the crash, no sure about the trim.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I have only one controller, the joystick G940 and the trim is not working in SU-27, I tried with keyboard, with HOTAS, with stick to trim, and nothing ... and I dont have double axis binding, simply is not working

FF off

HOTAS at startup .. off

Trim Force 0%

Shake 0%

In fact the joys is working ok in everything but trim

Is it actually creating trimming input ( do the neutral trimmed lights go out etc ) but the FM isn't reacting, or are no commands being passed ?

Neutral trim lights stay on. In the control options joystick input will register as trim (i.e. the appropriate trim input will be highlighted).

I also tried "deleting" options.lua. No effect.I have no problems with the MiG-21

Edit: I notice the same issue come up for A-10C and Black Shark. Could this only be affecting modules published by DCS?

Edited by ekg

Is it actually creating trimming input ( do the neutral trimmed lights go out etc ) but the FM isn't reacting, or are no commands being passed ?

You're right, the trim lights are out and the FM is not reacting, I pressed CTRL-T to clear the trim and the lights stay off, good point!

Someone posted a solution and it works, maybe give you a clue what is happening, was pressing Ralt-J twice (the key to change of aircraft), after that, the trim began working perfect, including the stick to trim.

3th week of patchs "corrections" and the problem still strong any sign to fix it. any other game we dont have to wait so long to correct that critical bug like that. I dont understand what kind of beta is that if we have to wait so long to have patchs. and when some patch comes brings more bugs that features.

Intel® Core™ i5-2500k CPU@4.20GHz 64 bit operation System Windows 10+ Pro NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - Memory: 16.0 GB - 500gb ssd samsung - Samsung 27"SyncMaster TA550 monitors [SIZE=1][B]- [/B][/SIZE][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]TM Hotas Warthog[/SIZE][/FONT] Trackir4 - TM Rudder Pedals.

i have a ms sidewinder ffb joystick and i have FFB turned ON, and i can't trim either. the plane just nose ups super hard no matter what i do

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

• ED Team

we have a bug reported where ffb on a second device negates the trim, it could be the problem.

ED are looking into it

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I gotta say, I'm having this issue and I don't even have force feedback devices turned on. Please get this hotfixed, I can't even play in multiplayer servers.

It has been 3 weeks since my last online, can't play in this condition, too many bugs appeared.

we have a bug reported where ffb on a second device negates the trim, it could be the problem.

ED are looking into it

I have a t1600m joystick and a DFGT wheel with ffb. Might be true what you say.Spend very little time with 27 because i have to take a test so don't know for sure.

Same problem with my Logitech G940, I fixed the shake, turning FF and HOTAS off and all TRIM FORCE and SHAKE to 0% and restarting the game.

Now, the triming is not working with keyboard or joystick (it turns the trim light off, but the nose keeping up)

I did all this tests:

- delete the keyboard.lua in Config\Input\su-27\keyboard and repair later

- delete all joystick *.lua in Config\Input\su-27\joystick and repair later and configured again all buttons and axis

- I dont have any external program managing the joystick, the setup of axis and buttons is in DCS

The Trim problem continues, as I told you before, if I'm playing alone and press Ralt-J twice to get out and return to the same aircraft, the trim begin working fine!!

But there is a bug in restricted servers (external views off) when I press Ralt-J once, the aircraft continue flying alone with the AI and RTB!, the camera stay floating in the sky like F11 :)

UPDATE: I disabled vJoy and it started working. Unless you need it for something, go into your control panel and disable vJoy

I have vJoy as well for a different sim. Perhaps there might be a way to disable joysticks in DCS? Would be annoying to have to go back to the control panel each time I switch sims.