DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

Hi, and huge thank Ciribob for SRS, a must have!

I'm flying M2K-C mainly, and would like to know if there's any chance to see an interaction between PTT and green light on Mirage UHF or V/UHF radios?

Pressing the PTT I would see on digit wich green light is active and on which radio I speak. This would allow me not to use overlay at all.

But maybe this is Razbam or ED side?

Hi, and huge thank Ciribob for SRS, a must have!

I'm flying M2K-C mainly, and would like to know if there's any chance to see an interaction between PTT and green light on Mirage UHF or V/UHF radios?

Pressing the PTT I would see on digit wich green light is active and on which radio I speak. This would allow me not to use overlay at all.

But maybe this is Razbam or ED side?

Unfortunately no. Only modules with "clickable buttons" can be directly programmed in SRS via the clickable data lua.

It´s on the developer side to made these buttons clickable.

E.g.

• All BST modules have been programmed with these in mind, even the ICS is ready (and ready the SRS if it works like in the L-39);
  • on ED side, only the TF/P-51 is "ready for SRS". Other module have animations but these animations are not tied to a clickable data lua to allow expert.
    Mig-21 is the only 3rd party module programmed in this way.

• AFAIK other hird parties modules have the PTT radio buttons" clickable", so no funstion can be done for SRS.

Maybe in the long term could be enabled by the developers.

Regards.

Edited by Tarres

What would be nice is the ability to map different buttons in SRS based on the airframe.

Small steps now :music_whistling:

Next thing you know you would want DCS to come with SRS :joystick:

The next radio/previous radio is also a nice workaround for the time being as Fries suggested

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Small steps now :music_whistling:

Next thing you know you would want DCS to come with SRS :joystick:

The next radio/previous radio is also a nice workaround for the time being as Fries suggested

I forgot but - Select next & previous radio is already implemented - check the Controls section near the bottom. There are a lot of hotkeys! :thumbup:

Ciribob...I know at one time you talked about modeling HAVE QUICK, is that still planned?

Kind of - i dont want to do massive changes till SRS until I rewrite the core in C++ and hopefully solve the audio issue once and for all for multiple speakers. However, not had the time to sit down and do it but I will eventually - just no time frames im sorry to say! It will me months though rather than weeks.

Once the core audio is sorted, all the nice things become possible like transmitting on multiple radios for AWACS etc

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

I typically have a cyclic button mapped to the Common PTT, and a key mapped to the overlay toggle and have had no issues.

I'm havin trouble mapping a joystick hat (4-way digital button) to the radios. Each button of the hat comes up as POV1 (not POV1, POV2, POV3....) for each of the radios mapped.

Also, only the Cyclic buttons, and keyboard can be mapped. Other controllers and button box are not recognized by SRS.

I've done a clean reinstall, including Saved Games. No luck.

Appreciate any thoughts on this.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Chic, if you assign these 4 inputs in DCS or VA are the names the same?

For what it is worth my end, SR Client recognise TM MFD's, the TMWH and 2 button boxes - one a leo bodnar based and the other a DSD..

Good call Gizz. It appears DCS labels all 4 inputs as POV1 as well, so I can work around that easy enough.

SRS only recognizing 1 controller is not a game changer but would be nice to know what's up with that.

Cheers.

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Good call Gizz. It appears DCS labels all 4 inputs as POV1 as well, so I can work around that easy enough.

SRS only recognizing 1 controller is not a game changer but would be nice to know what's up with that.

Cheers.

Have you turned on the expanded devices option?

SRS only looks for devices that report joystick and a few other categories, along with a manual whitelist for some devices. The expansion option makes it able to use more devices, but there is a risk that it stops working for all devices

If you look in the logs you'll see it deciding which device to use and which to ignore.

If the option does stop all devices being detected, attach your logs as a file to a post and I can manually whitelist it in the next release :)

For the pov, as grizzy says it'll just display pov 1 and not the direction, which you'll just have to remember unfortunately

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Kind of - i dont want to do massive changes till SRS until I rewrite the core in C++ and hopefully solve the audio issue once and for all for multiple speakers. However, not had the time to sit down and do it but I will eventually - just no time frames im sorry to say! It will me months though rather than weeks.

Once the core audio is sorted, all the nice things become possible like transmitting on multiple radios for AWACS etc

Good to know it’s still planned.

Have you turned on the expanded devices option?

SRS only looks for devices that report joystick and a few other categories, along with a manual whitelist for some devices. The expansion option makes it able to use more devices, but there is a risk that it stops working for all devices

If you look in the logs you'll see it deciding which device to use and which to ignore.

If the option does stop all devices being detected, attach your logs as a file to a post and I can manually whitelist it in the next release :)

For the pov, as grizzy says it'll just display pov 1 and not the direction, which you'll just have to remember unfortunately

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Yah, "Allow more input options" blocks everything.

Thank you for the support.

untitled.png.20af2f2bb2633e6f4dd637ac7ce5a28b.png

clientlog.rar

JUST CHOPPERS

OK. Looking at the Lua it seems that there is no possibility to export the radio selector. There are no arguments in the clickcabledata to export. It seems that the "selector" isn´t clickable. The selector is the control labelled "team rely" in the user manual that indicates the selected radio to talk.

Also, PTT isn´t clickable so it is not possible at the moment to implement it like in the BST helos.

PTT is located in the "trigger" of the cyclic (pilot and copilot) and works like in the Huey first stage: intercom (ICS), second stage: radio.

So for now it is not possible to improve the Gazelle section of the SRS.

Sorry!

OK. Looking at the Lua it seems that there is no possibility to export the radio selector. There are no arguments in the clickcabledata to export. It seems that the "selector" isn´t clickable. The selector is the control labelled "team rely" in the user manual that indicates the selected radio to talk.

Hmm... I actually got it to work I think.

However it may be a bit "hacky" way of doing it, I got it working by looking at which button has the selected light on it. Code attached below.

Though I've only been looking at this four about 15-20min, and with no experience with the simple radio or dcs lua files, so there may well be a better way of doing it.

if SR.getButtonPosition(455) > 0.5 then
   _data.selected = 1
elseif SR.getButtonPosition(457) > 0.5 then
   _data.selected = 2
elseif SR.getButtonPosition(456) > 0.5 then
   _data.selected = 3
end

• 2 weeks later...

Help needed: I have no sound :(

Input seems to be okay, bars are moving when I click on the preview button, but sound is absent.

UPDATE - problem solved.

Edited by Bufo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

crashes resulting in all usb devices resetting

event viewer shows two events one is below:

Application: SR-ClientRadio.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: SharpDX.SharpDXException
  at SharpDX.Result.CheckError()
  at SharpDX.DirectInput.Device.GetDeviceState(Int32, IntPtr)
  at SharpDX.DirectInput.CustomDevice`3[[system.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089],[sharpDX.DirectInput.RawJoystickState, SharpDX.DirectInput, Version=3.0.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b4dcf0f35e5521f1],[sharpDX.DirectInput.JoystickUpdate, SharpDX.DirectInput, Version=3.0.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b4dcf0f35e5521f1]].GetCurrentState(System.__Canon ByRef)
  at SharpDX.DirectInput.CustomDevice`3[[system.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089],[sharpDX.DirectInput.RawJoystickState, SharpDX.DirectInput, Version=3.0.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b4dcf0f35e5521f1],[sharpDX.DirectInput.JoystickUpdate, SharpDX.DirectInput, Version=3.0.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b4dcf0f35e5521f1]].GetCurrentState()
  at Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.Input.InputDeviceManager.GetButtonState(Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.Input.InputDevice)
  at Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.Input.InputDeviceManager+<>c__DisplayClass22_0.<StartDetectPtt>b__0()
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
  at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

second is as follows :

Faulting application name: SR-ClientRadio.exe, version: 1.3.3.0, time stamp: 0x59468f80
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.15063.674, time stamp: 0x93d2100b
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0000000000069e08
Faulting process id: 0x114c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d34d2e87b08b59
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\DCS-SimpleRadio-Standalone\SR-ClientRadio.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 83a9160a-8f03-4207-801b-b328f75bd40d
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

not sure if its the .net causing this.....new system so could be on my end.

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals

Where can I find my logs. I seem to have an issue and cannot solve it.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.