DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

I just realized that I've been doing a complicated workaround that could be built into SRS and people might enjoy. Currently if button 1 activates the in-game radio I build a joystick script so that a short tap of the control outputs button 1 and a long press outputs button 2. Then I bind button 2 to SRS. But this is complicated and requires a joystick script and two logical buttons.

Otherwise binding both to the same control causes the AI F1-F2 radio menu to pop up every time one wants to transmit human voice over SRS.

If SRS could have an option to ignore short (250ms or so) presses of the radio command then the user could bind this key to both DCS and SRS for the same radio. He can then choose if he is opening the text-based radio menu or transmitting voice on SRS by short/long presses of the unified button.

I guess DCS will still open the radio menu unless SRS is programmed to press F12 for the player when it has determined that human voice is called for. That might have unpleasant side effects.

I think this can be made to work by the DCS-cockpit-animation method of SRS activation too but I'm not sure.

Hi one of our members in the 132nd is having an issue in the F-16 where when he switches his C & I knob to UFC he disconnects from SRS. So he can talk to us via SRS as long as he is in Backup.

Make sure he's on 1.9.0.3 or 1.9.1.0 - there was a bug in a later release that was pulled

Hi Wrench,

I know this post is over two years old, but wondering if you ever fixed this issue? I just installed SRS for the first time and I'm getting the same error with a brand new Astro A50 wireless headset. I disabled the "Game" mode in my Win10 Sounds Control panel, because it never works with VOIP servers. Anyway hoping you can help me fix this issue.

Thanks,

Bearcban501

Think you've already posted on Discord - replied there

Ciribob, just out of curiosity, why can you not respond to support questions on this forum? What is the point of this DCS Simple Radio Standalone thread if all you do is refer folks to a Discord channel? I don't have a problem or question but I also don't have Discord any longer and would be lost if your response to me posting with a specific problem is going to be "Please use Discord for SRS for support https://discord.gg/Ajzxqxj "

Just curious.

The point of the thread is to point people to Discord for support :) Its also still an ad for what SRS is and how it works, as the first page still gives an OK overview.

The reason for pointing everyone to discord is I have consolidated a load of troubleshooting and quick start guides there. I can also have a conversation in real time, which is much better for actual troubleshooting and means I or others can solve issues quickly. There are also 1000s of SRS users on that channel so chances are someone will help if its not me.

Finally - I dont see it as too onerous a request - Discord can be entirely browser based, so no different from logging into the forum so I can't see why anyone would have an issue with that or choose to not get support for that one small request from me.

I just realized that I've been doing a complicated workaround that could be built into SRS and people might enjoy. Currently if button 1 activates the in-game radio I build a joystick script so that a short tap of the control outputs button 1 and a long press outputs button 2. Then I bind button 2 to SRS. But this is complicated and requires a joystick script and two logical buttons.

Otherwise binding both to the same control causes the AI F1-F2 radio menu to pop up every time one wants to transmit human voice over SRS.

If SRS could have an option to ignore short (250ms or so) presses of the radio command then the user could bind this key to both DCS and SRS for the same radio. He can then choose if he is opening the text-based radio menu or transmitting voice on SRS by short/long presses of the unified button.

I guess DCS will still open the radio menu unless SRS is programmed to press F12 for the player when it has determined that human voice is called for. That might have unpleasant side effects.

I think this can be made to work by the DCS-cockpit-animation method of SRS activation too but I'm not sure.

Can you post on the feature request section on the SRS discord? Sounds like an interesting idea!

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Got a problem that's surely been encountered before

Got a DCS server on a seperate computer that both a buddy and myself fly on

To get on that server I have to use my local IP, my buddy my WAN address

I've got that hooked in with SRS and got the sever for SRS on that machine too

My problem is although I have my local IP plugged into the "Favourites" for that server in the SRS Client, it works for a while then kicks me

When I look at the server address in the DCS SRS Client window I see the server address has changed to my WAN address, which I can't use as I'm on the same network.

I can retype/copy paste my local address back in and it will reconnect but it's a PIA. Why is it picking up the WAN address and is there a way to disable it from doing so?

Asking here as I'm not on Discord and would rather not install it unless I have to

Edited by Weegie

Hi guys!

Tomorrow I'm hosting a missing with SRS and A10CII and as far as I know it's still unsopported (therefore used FC3 system of comms, with the window). Is there a timeframe expected for the update with the new plane?

Great job with what you do with SRS! It's something we all needed to really enjoy DCS as it should!

Hi guys!

Tomorrow I'm hosting a missing with SRS and A10CII and as far as I know it's still unsopported (therefore used FC3 system of comms, with the window). Is there a timeframe expected for the update with the new plane?

Great job with what you do with SRS! It's something we all needed to really enjoy DCS as it should!

It's not unsupported, make sure you have the latest version. I added support two weeks ago. :)

If unsure, reinstall with the autoupdater

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

It's not unsupported, make sure you have the latest version. I added support two weeks ago. :)

If unsure, reinstall with the autoupdater

I found an issue with the A10C_2.

It all works fine for Radio1 (VHF AM) and Radio2 (UHF) but whenever I try to use Radio3 (VHF FM) instead of switching to it, it starts transmitting on the last radio i used.

Is it just my installation that has something messed up?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Simming since 2005

My Rig: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, AMD Ryzen7 2700X, G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200, EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black Gaming, Corsair HX850

I found an issue with the A10C_2.

It all works fine for Radio1 (VHF AM) and Radio2 (UHF) but whenever I try to use Radio3 (VHF FM) instead of switching to it, it starts transmitting on the last radio i used.

Is it just my installation that has something messed up?

Please go to Discord for support with this https://discord.gg/Ajzxqxj

Hi there !

Lately I'm flying a lot in a multicrewed Gazelle. We noticed that the co-pilot cannot change the radios by himself and needs to rely on the pilot to do it. Is there a way to implement a function to allow the co-pilot to switch from one radio to another ? Thank you.

3rd Wing | 55th Black Alligators * BA-33

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ

I just added a modifier to the mic switches for menus, so modifier+mic switch forward/aft/down gets the menu for that radio. No need to script anything, and with SRS or Voice Attack, the regular mic switch is left open, but I still have access to the in-game menus if I wish.

• 2 months later...
On 10/9/2020 at 2:24 AM, Faelwolf said:

I just added a modifier to the mic switches for menus, so modifier+mic switch forward/aft/down gets the menu for that radio. No need to script anything, and with SRS or Voice Attack, the regular mic switch is left open, but I still have access to the in-game menus if I wish.

This is exactly what I did, using <Paddle> as the modifier.

The only issue I have is that when I want to "talk" to ATC or AWACS and press <Paddle><Mic-Fwd> SRS only registers <Mic-Fwd> and although the radio menu still opens normally, it accompanied by that radio's mic being clicked on and off in SRS.

It's not a big deal, but it would still be nice if it didn't do that.

Anyone have a idea on how to fix that?

Edited by Captain Orso

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

On 12/13/2020 at 8:09 AM, Captain Orso said:

This is exactly what I did, using <Paddle> as the modifier.

The only issue I have is that when I want to "talk" to ATC or AWACS and press <Paddle><Mic-Fwd> SRS only registers <Mic-Fwd> and although the radio menu still opens normally, it accompanied by that radio's mic being clicked on and off in SRS.

It's not a big deal, but it would still be nice if it didn't do that.

Anyone have a idea on how to fix that?

Unless SRS gets a feature to ignore short inputs or you do my scripted input, no. The modifier A for SRS, A+B for DCS does allow activating SRS without DCS but it doesn't allow activating DCS without SRS.

I'm currently having an issue that I'm not sure quite how to get around.  If I leave discord running, while playing DCS and running SRS my CPU usage stays around 80% or better which in turn appears to be causing an issue where when 1 person is talking on SRS they are somewhat choppy on my end.  If two or more people start talking at the same time either on the same frequency or multiple they become so choppy I can't understand anyone.  However, ICS (yes in the tomcat) remains solid and there are no issues through all of this.  I know my system needs updating (it's nearly 8 years old) but is this just an issue on my end that will only be solved with an upgrade or is other people having the same issue?

First of all, thank you very much for your hard work on SR, this is a very, very good software, thank you, we love it.We have some suggestions, or ideas, which I would venture to discuss with you to see if they will be adopted by you or if you plan to improve them in the future.We found that the SR's encrypted communication function seems to be somewhat imperfect, or called "useless". While “Coalition security” in server settings is on, there is no need for communication encoding,because neither side can hear the other at the same frequency, whether or not the channel is encrypted. But encoding will malfunction while Coalition security is off, meaning that players can still hear what opponents said in their encoded channel. Our suggestion is that when the "Coalition Security" is set to off, both parties can hear each other's communication at the same frequency when it is without encryption, but when one party's frequency is encrypted, the other party cannot hear the communication. We think this is the only way to show the value of encryption, otherwise it would be a useless piece of furniture.Thank you again for your efforts and great contributions and  looking forward to your reply.

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoying the Anibus C-130 Hercules mod.  Since it doesn't tie into radios like all my other planes (sdk issues). I'm told I can still use SRS (as required by my group) but with overlay and they keep saying like FC3.  I can't for life get this to work.  Possibly: Do I have to purchase FC3.  If yes, thanks..... I'm a dumb a$$ 😉 and just need to buy it....

Thanks in advance!

Nice app so far but I have some questions.

First of all: How can I save my server settings? Every time I start the SRS Server, the settings are set back to default. Is it possible, to save my own settings for the server?

Thanks in advance.

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Newcomer here, apologies if this has been asked before...

SRS is 'standalone' from TS; is it dependent on DCS/BMS specifically?  Can it run standalone for other sims or games?

Thank you in advance.
Nice app so far but I have some questions.

First of all: How can I save my server settings? Every time I start the SRS Server, the settings are set back to default. Is it possible, to save my own settings for the server?

Thanks in advance.
Please go to discord for support https://discord.gg/Ajzxqxj

• 3 weeks later...
On 31/01/2021 at 5:29 AM, Frederf said:

Is it possible to add a function (button or automatic) to SRS to be able to auto-connect to an SRS server based on the currently game server? Often I start SRS after already being connected to a game server.

It already has this - just enable SRS autolaunch and it will launch and connect SRS on join

Autolaunch is enabled in DCS settings

Autoconnect in SRS also needs to be on. SRS will autoconnect when you change slots or join a server

The server needs autoconnect configured correctly but test on hoggit and you'll see it work

I think you misunderstand. Auto join works fine if SRS is running at the moment I join a server. What doesn't join is if SRS is launched after user is already on a server.
That's why SRS has autolaunch, so you don't miss it.

Srs will also connect when you switch slots

I can't do any more though.

To summarise

- enable SRS autolaunch - it'll launch and connect on start.
- switch slots, SRS will autoconnect on slot switch

Srs cannot do anymore, as the srs hook is only on server join or slot switch

OK if it can't be done to detect mid-session the SRS IP then it can't be done. The problem is I have to restart SRS every time I change TARGET script or similar hot plug because SRS cannot tolerate that. So starting SRS first (or auto launch which a friend says is a feature but I haven't found it yet) isn't really a solution for me. If I could stop TARGET script and start new TARGET script without having to relaunch SRS then my need for SRS-after-DCS would be practically eliminated.

OK if it can't be done to detect mid-session the SRS IP then it can't be done. The problem is I have to restart SRS every time I change TARGET script or similar hot plug because SRS cannot tolerate that. So starting SRS first (or auto launch which a friend says is a feature but I haven't found it yet) isn't really a solution for me. If I could stop TARGET script and start new TARGET script without having to relaunch SRS then my need for SRS-after-DCS would be practically eliminated.
I assume you switch target when you switch aircraft?

When you switch aircraft / slots it'll autoconnect so restart SRS before joining the new slot

Secondly SRS can support new devices, hit rescan on controls page for target to work - should work , let me know if not

Lastly SRS saves the IP you last connected too (or should) - so just hit connect after restarting

The autolaunch of SRS is in dcs settings inside dcs, have a look there.