DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

Question... when I am in the game as Red Game Master, Blue flights can’t hear me. Radio shouldn’t care about red and blue, a frequency is a frequency. Is there a setting for this somewhere?

Former USN Avionics Tech

VF-41 86-90, 93-95

VF-101 90-93

Heatblur Tomcat SME

I9-9900K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | 32GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | RTX 2070 Super | TM Throttle | VPC Warbird Base TM F-18 Stick

I've resolved my issue, thought I would post what I did here incase anyone is having the same issue. I removed SRS completed, kept my config but then went hunting through all the scripts folders and cleaned everything out from my Save Games\Scripts and SRS stuff in the main DCS\Scripts folder. Performed a full install of 1.6.1 again and this got round the problem I was having with the FC3 radio channels, I guess something didn't update correctly last time I updated SRS.

That said it still didn't work, I noticed that the SRS volume was 0% and changing the volume on the MiG-19 Radio panel didn't change it, although it definitely did something as I could hear ATC. So I had a poke about in the SRS lua file (DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone) in both the SRS folder and the one in my Save games, it looks like one is a copy of the other. I found a line that looked like it was taking the volume to use in SRS from the volume knob position. So I commented out line 1357:

_data.radios[2].volume = SR.getRadioVolume(0, 329,{0.0,1.0},false)

and replaced it with:

_data.radios[2].volume = 1.0

This forced it to go to 100% and all was well from there, happy MiG-19 flying with my friends.

I hope that helps I'm sure the issue will get sorted in the future but this workaround at least gets you flying and talking.

Thanks for this, I was having the same issue.

So I've forked the project to make some adjustments, mainly some code that will automatically detect the external ip for people who wish to host a temporary srs server of their own to fly with some friends.. Now I decided to take it a step further and incorporate the F16 (since it got released yesterday) so that it doesn't get recognized as a FC3 plane..

So first off, how do I allow dcs' cockpit controls for ptt cause currently only srs controls are recognized.

Second, I'd like to confirm that both the AN/ARC-222 (VHF) and AN/ARC-164 (UHF) are using the KY58 for encryption cause I noticed in the code that the F18's VHF radio is not encrypted so I'm not sure what's correct here..

At last, I'm also wondering how I could read the frequency from the backup UHF, given that the C&I switch is set to backup instead of UFC.. The problem I'm dealing with is the fact that i don't see a separate device for the backup radio, so I'm not sure how to proceed on this one.. I've already figured out that it's possible to check whether the C&I switch is set to backup, but that's only half of the solution..

Any help would be much appreciated!

EDIT: After looking at "clickabledata.lua" of the F16, I conclude that stuff is still missing in order to get the in-game controls to work with srs..

For the backup UHF I'm trying to get the frequency from "UHF_CONTROL_PANEL" since I'm assuming this must be the backup UHF cause there's no such panel for VHF, though I'm afraid this device does not have a "get_frequency()" method because it's not working.. Any thoughts on how to work around this?

EDIT2: turns out ciribob already fixed the F16, except for the things i'm having trouble with...

EDIT3: ok so seems like a misunderstood the backup radio.. turns out it's not a separate radio but rather backup controls for the UHF in case the UFC is down.. thus that last question no longer requires an answer :D

EDIT4: Backup UHF controls are done, will ask for a pull-request once i figure out how to adjust the installer to copy-paste http.lua & url.lua (located in LuaSocket) into a folder called "socket", otherwise it won't the http module needed for retrieving your external ip.. ciribob, if you can I did this correct, that would be awesome ^^

Edited by Raffson

Gigabyte X470 AORUS UG

Ryzen 5 2600X

NVidia GTX 1070Ti 8GB

Vengance RGB DDR4 32GB

TrackIR5

TM HOTAS Warthog

With the F-16 it keeps thinking I've got Easy Comms on or something. Says FC3 beside the frequency and won't change with the radios in the plane. I swear it worked yesterday. Works in all the other places. Is anyone else having this issue? Any idea what could be the issue?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

With the F-16 it keeps thinking I've got Easy Comms on or something. Says FC3 beside the frequency and won't change with the radios in the plane. I swear it worked yesterday. Works in all the other places. Is anyone else having this issue? Any idea what could be the issue?

That’s cause a new version of SRS hasn’t been released yet.. if you want, you can always download the file needed separately and replace it..

https://github.com/Raffson/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/blob/master/Scripts/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua

I believe my version of DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua is currently the most complete one, though i’m still missing dcs’ in-game ptt controls, but eventually it will be included..

Hope this helps meanwhile :)

EDIT: Your may want to grab a copy from LazyBoot instead cause possibly my version has too much code in it. Just received work that the backup controls should work automatically, though I'm not sure if all the controls from the backup panel will work so I need to do some testing later today..

Edited by Raffson
Freaking typos on the phone

Gigabyte X470 AORUS UG

Ryzen 5 2600X

NVidia GTX 1070Ti 8GB

Vengance RGB DDR4 32GB

TrackIR5

TM HOTAS Warthog

That’s cause a new version of SRS hasn’t been released yet.. if you want, you can always download the file needed separately and replace it..

https://github.com/Raffson/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/blob/master/Scripts/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua

I believe my version of DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua is currently the most complete one, though i’m still missing dcs’ in-game ptt controls, but eventually it will be included..

Hope this helps meanwhile :)

EDIT: Your may want to grab a copy from LazyBoot instead cause possibly my version has too much code in it. Just received work that the backup controls should work automatically, though I'm not sure if all the controls from the backup panel will work so I need to do some testing later today..

Awesome, thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey All,

Since the last windows update I've been unable to install SCS. If I click the installer, and do YES to the authorization, I dont see anything after.

Same for a manual install and then clicking the SRS client. It shows in the "tray"but if you mouse over it disappears instantly and never opens the GUI. I've tried removing DCS, manual uninstall, pretty much everything short of wiping windows 10. What gives? The logs aren't particularly helpful either because all I see are successful items.

Any ideas? I've gone back to a restore point and also uninstalled any microsoft KB patches in windows update that I can.. but at this point I can't "roll back" the updates any further. Ideas?

Thanks,

Slash

New Setup : 13900K, Asus ROG Strix 4090, 64GB of DDR3600C14, 4x 2TB ADATA NVME, HP Reverb G2, Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil TM3 throttle, Monolith External Amp, DT 1990 Pro Headphones & TrackIR v5

Old Setup: 12900KS @ 5.5 , EVGA FTW3 Hybrid 3090, 64GB of DDR3600C14, 4x 2TB ADATA NVME, HP Reverb G2, Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil TM3 throttle, Monolith External Amp, Philips X2HR Headphones & TrackIR v5

Old Old Setup: 9900KS @ 5.2, EVGA FTW3 3090. 32GB of DDR3866, 3x 1TB ADATA NVME

Anyone having an issue getting the server.exe to run on their server since updating to 1.6.3?

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Question... when I am in the game as Red Game Master, Blue flights can’t hear me. Radio shouldn’t care about red and blue, a frequency is a frequency. Is there a setting for this somewhere?
Hey All,

Since the last windows update I've been unable to install SCS. If I click the installer, and do YES to the authorization, I dont see anything after.

Same for a manual install and then clicking the SRS client. It shows in the "tray"but if you mouse over it disappears instantly and never opens the GUI. I've tried removing DCS, manual uninstall, pretty much everything short of wiping windows 10. What gives? The logs aren't particularly helpful either because all I see are successful items.

Any ideas? I've gone back to a restore point and also uninstalled any microsoft KB patches in windows update that I can.. but at this point I can't "roll back" the updates any further. Ideas?

Thanks,

Slash

Same issue

For support please ask on the SRS discord - if you don't get a reply, ask again :)

https://discord.gg/Ajzxqxj

When I extract a new srs update into my existing srs folder, and i launch the installer, what path should go under "Step 1: Pick Install Location"? Should I put the path of the existing SRS folder?
Extract the zip anywhere BUT the existing SRS folder or the DCS folder and run the installer from there. Then delete the extracted files.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Extract the zip anywhere BUT the existing SRS folder or the DCS folder and run the installer from there. Then delete the extracted files.

So I don't replace the files in the srs folder with the zip files? Sometimes when I hit install/ update SRS, my SRS stops working

Is there a script out there to auto-kick DCS clients who aren't connected to the SRS server?

I'm almost certain I read about such a thing, but I don't recall any details like the author or the server it was used on.

If you don't receive an answer here, you should probably ask the question in the Multiplayer part of the forum.

I'm almost certain I read about such a thing, but I don't recall any details like the author or the server it was used on.

If you don't receive an answer here, you should probably ask the question in the Multiplayer part of the forum.

The latest version of SRS has an some new tools for server owners that could be extended to kick clients but you will need some LUA skills.

Current version will message users who aren't connected. Have a look at the autoconnect lua

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Does it work in VR?

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

Does anyone use SRS with a wireless Bose headphone?

I have some problem when I select select the mic of the headset has an input. It works fine when I do the Preview Audio test, but when I connect to an SRS server all the other computer and DCS sounds are shut down. I can only hear the SRS radio messages...

I don't get the problem when I select the mic embedded in my screen.

Frustrating...

F-16C, M2000C, Persian Gulf

Ryzen 5 3600, RX 5700 XT, 32GB ram, Odyssey HMD+, Home-made TrackHat, X56 Hotas.