DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

New RELEASE Version - 1.5.0.0

.NET Version - PLEASE INSTALL THIS or it may not work: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=53345

Windows 8/10 N Users - PLEASE INSTALL THIS OR IT WILL NOT WORK - Adds the media codecs you need which are removed in the N Version - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3145500/media-feature-pack-list-for-windows-n-editions - You'll know when you get the audio initialisation error :)

NOT BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE - Servers and clients must be on 1.5.0.0 or newer

Please note - You WILL need to redo all settings are settings are now stored in a local .cfg file instead of in the registry

New version adds Automatic Gain Control for Mic Input and fixes a load of minor audio related bugs

There is now AGC on the Mic input - in theory you dont need a boost slider now as it should level out... This may have been a terrible mistake. If so publically shame me on Discord here: https://discord.gg/Hb7rYey and send me recordings :thumbup: - use the output volume to reduce the volume globally if its too loud.

This version is NOT backwards compatible!!! It must be used with 1.5.0 or Newer

Settings are now sorted in a local .cfg file - this means you will need to re-do bindings but for the future means you can backup and have different settings per install if you like

Thanks to all who helped me test and helped in the background

SERVER OWNERS - You need to open an extra TCP port for SRS to work and its +1 above your normal server port. I.e if you run a server on 5002 you need to open port 5002 and 5003 for TCP

AutoConnect Script must be in Saved GamesDCSScriptsHooks now instead of just Scripts folder. Just create a hooks folder in Scripts folder if you dont have one

KNOWN BUG

If you get lag while using the radio, press L Ctrl + L Shift + L to fix. This is a DCS bug i'm trying to work around and is triggered by pressing L Ctrl + L. It doesn't matter if that key is bound or not, it'll still cause lag when you press it

Changelog

• Added new Radio sound options - You can turn off the clipping effect in settings if its too strong (thanks to Coug4r for the help on this)
  • Fixed conflict with Helios (and possibly other exports)
  • Changed mic input to have Auto gain control (up to a point) plus other pre-processing
  • Removed Mic Boost slider
  • Fixed bugs with audio preview not always matching output volume
  • Changed how audio is boosted (again)
  • Fixed bug of jumpy audio bars on click
  • Better dB range for output now
  • Added new way of storing settings in local file - for backup or running versions in parallel
  • Thanks to ArthurDCS - Support for Logitech/Saitek PZ69 Radio Panel now implemented & available shortly - see https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=137670
  • Added warning if opus.dll or speexdsp.dll is missing (i.e not launched from where it was installed)
  • Fixed input device saving for 99% of people (i hope)

DCS / VR Overlay and Overlay Configuration

The overlay has 3 states, hidden, small & full that you can see by pressing Left Control + Left Shift + Escape by default.

The Full state has a title bar that you can click and drag the window around with. The window position will be saved for when DCS is next opened.

The radio status is removed after 5 seconds if SRS is closed or loses server connection

To configure the overlay hotkey, run DCS once to create a config file in Saved GamesDCSConfig which will look something like so and quit DCS:

config = 
{
   ["mode"] = "minimum",
   ["hotkey"] = "Ctrl+Shift+escape",
   ["windowPosition"] = 
   {
       ["y"] = 342,
       ["x"] = 981,
   }, -- end of ["windowPosition"]
} -- end of config

Edit the "Hotkey" section and add the characters from the keyboard you'd like to use instead. i.e

config = 
{
   ["mode"] = "minimum",
   ["hotkey"] = "Ctrl+Shift+1", -- now uses the combination of ctrl shift and 1 together to toggle
   ["windowPosition"] = 
   {
       ["y"] = 342,
       ["x"] = 981,
   }, -- end of ["windowPosition"]
} -- end of config

Dont forget to restart DCS after editing this file or you wont see the changes.

If you want to remove the overlay entirely and never use it, just delete:

• DCS-SRS-Overlay.dlg
  • DCS-SRS-OverlayGameGUI.lua

In Saved GamesDCSScripts

Preset Channel Configuration

Preset channels can be created for all FC3 aircraft and all expansion radios for Non FC3.

Channel presets are created per Radio - full list of names & frequencies here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tzd996zJ1t0heZ-t1PpL7vNUIZbXl7pI6De0GThN1Qw/edit#gid=1869108790 )

Preset files are named after the radio (no special characters needed & case is ignored) and are text files with a single frequency on each line.

For example, to create a fixed channel list for the first UHF radio in the F15C:

Create a file called ANARC-164 UHF1.txt or anarc164 UHF1.txt where you installed SimpleRadio Standalone (where the client exe is), add frequencies and save.

The file will be automatically loaded when that radio appears on an aircraft. The frequency list can also be manually reloaded with the reload button. The files are per radio not per aircraft.

As always, thanks for the support and let me know if there are any issues!

Dedicated support now available on Discord: https://discord.gg/baw7g3t

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST RELEASE: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/releases/latest

Video Demo & Installation

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Connected but I get "Unknown" all the time

Hi,

Since the last 2 updates of DCS I get the same problem. I know I am connected to the server but I can't get any requencies on the overlay, it always displays Unknown. I do have 1.5 clean install but it did this with the previous verion also. Any hints?

Thank you,

Hi,

Since the last 2 updates of DCS I get the same problem. I know I am connected to the server but I can't get any requencies on the overlay, it always displays Unknown. I do have 1.5 clean install but it did this with the previous verion also. Any hints?

Thank you,

Have you done an install using the latest installer? (Not manually)?

If so, backup and delete your scripts folder in saved games/dcs/scripts - then reinstall using the installer (not manually)

If that doesn't work go to discord here https://discord.gg/Hb7rYey

Look in support and post all the info listed in the sticky :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Last version tested in my Virtual Squad

It seems sometimes the comms received are very loud coming in high peaks. The auto modulated feature that is used now seems to make peaks of high volume with incoming comms.

I really want the volume-boost manual setting to come back if possible. Or better auto volume management to avoid random high peaks.

Also It seems when a radio transmision is finished It cancels also DCS sounds for a while, like engine sound, etc.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Problem with Audio Output

SRS works fine when using a plug in Headset. When I try using my wireless SteelSeries 840 Headset it gives me the following error message when I try to connect to the server.

"Problem initializing Audio Output! Try a different output device and please post your client log on the forms. Client log attached.

Bonz.

clientlog.txt

It seems sometimes the comms received are very loud coming in high peaks. The auto modulated feature that is used now seems to make peaks of high volume with incoming comms.

I really want the volume-boost manual setting to come back if possible. Or better auto volume management to avoid random high peaks.

Also It seems when a radio transmision is finished It cancels also DCS sounds for a while, like engine sound, etc.

Please send a recording and let me know what you have your speaker boost set too. :)

It will be quite loud so I'd use your speaker boost to drop the global volume down a bit. It should be pretty consistently loud though.

There's been no change in code to muting dcs or anything like that - might be a windows setting. Think it's called volume ducking or something. If you have a look under settings in mic or output speakers it might be there.

Something like lower global volume when device in use but I can't remember.... Sorry!

Please also try with clipping turned off in settings and see what you think

"Added support for F-14 - thanks to gyrovague :thumbup:"

What do you mean it now supports the F-14? What do you know that I do not?

ASUS ROG Strix X570-E MB | Ryzen 9 5950x | ASUS Tuf RTX 4080 | 64 GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 MHz DDR4 | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB m.2 Nvme | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | Track IR 5 | Gigabyte M27Q-P 1440p 165hz |

"Added support for F-14 - thanks to gyrovague :thumbup:"

What do you mean it now supports the F-14? What do you know that I do not?

See Heatblur's March update, it's explained in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Have you done an install using the latest installer? (Not manually)?

If so, backup and delete your scripts folder in saved games/dcs/scripts - then reinstall using the installer (not manually)

If that doesn't work go to discord here https://discord.gg/Hb7rYey

Look in support and post all the info listed in the sticky :)

Thank you very much, I did do a manual install. So I cleaned-up and used the installer and voilà it all works!

I’ll second this on both fronts; I flew with my virtual squadron last night as well and tried setting different ears for different radios for the first time. I occasionally got some strange static from people transmitting, and occasionally the volume would spike to extreme levels (including DCS volume as well for some reason.

I’m not sure if this is related at all to voicemeeter, or if it is due to the fact I had the speaker boost cranked all the way up but it was very jarring and painful to say the least

Rig Specs: i7 8700k @ 5ghz, ROG Strix z390e, 32GB DDR4 3200mhz, EVGA FTW3 1080 ti, Corsair rm750, Cooler Master ml240l RGB, Cooler Master h500p mesh

I’ll second this on both fronts; I flew with my virtual squadron last night as well and tried setting different ears for different radios for the first time. I occasionally got some strange static from people transmitting, and occasionally the volume would spike to extreme levels (including DCS volume as well for some reason.

I’m not sure if this is related at all to voicemeeter, or if it is due to the fact I had the speaker boost cranked all the way up but it was very jarring and painful to say the least

Definitely don't crank speaker boost up :) if anything drop it down a few dBs

I have a buddy who is able to hear transmissions on SRS, but is unable to transmit. He sees the green light enable when he presses the mic button, but on our end he isn't transmitting (the freq doesn't turn white).

We've tried some basic troubleshooting (reset, control change, volume, input devices), but haven't been able to get his SRS working. Does anyone have any tips?

Modules: A10C, AV8, M2000C, AJS-37, MiG-21, MiG-19, MiG-15, F86F, F5E, F14A/B, F16C, F18C, P51, P47, Spitfire IX, Bf109K, Fw190-D, UH-1, Ka-50, SA342 Gazelle, Mi8, Christian Eagle II, CA, FC3

Does he have a "Mute" switch anywhere between the headset and however it plugs into his computer?

I've been bitten by that once or twice as I have one on the side of the volume control box that turns my headset from USB to mini phono plug.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

Ok. Your trick about Windows sound settings fixed the issue. Changing to Do Nothing and now everything working great.

We like a lot the new sound clipping effect.

Thanks Ciribob.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

I have a buddy who is able to hear transmissions on SRS, but is unable to transmit. He sees the green light enable when he presses the mic button, but on our end he isn't transmitting (the freq doesn't turn white).

We've tried some basic troubleshooting (reset, control change, volume, input devices), but haven't been able to get his SRS working. Does anyone have any tips?

Can they hear themselves of they hit preview Audio?

What server are they connected to and trying it on?

Worth doing a reinstall to make sure all the scripts are there.

Also worth getting a screenshot to make sure they're transmitting off the right radio and the right frequency :)

Ok. Your trick about Windows sound settings fixed the issue. Changing to Do Nothing and now everything working great.

We like a lot the new sound clipping effect.

Thanks Ciribob.

That's great news! Thanks for letting me know :) what is the setting actually called? I gave such a terrible description I'm amazed you found it

Glad you like the clipping! All thanks to cougar :) if it's every too much you can just disable that seperately in settings.

Hello,

First thanks for your awsome program. It is now a must have!

I wonder if It should be possible to record communication with the SRS serveur.

It could be nice to listening radiocom later, analyse data with tacview or making great videos.

Maybe a file per radio frequency.

I don't know if my request is reasonable or not.

Thanks!

Envoyé de mon SM-G930F en utilisant Tapatalk

Thanks Lazyboot.

My Windows is in spanish so i preffer your english pic.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks LazyBoot!!!

Hello,

First thanks for your awsome program. It is now a must have!

I wonder if It should be possible to record communication with the SRS serveur.

It could be nice to listening radiocom later, analyse data with tacview or making great videos.

Maybe a file per radio frequency.

I don't know if my request is reasonable or not.

Thanks!

Envoyé de mon SM-G930F en utilisant Tapatalk

Currently this isn't possible as the server cannot decode the audio, it just passes it on

I'll add to the list though but it wouldn't be for a while :)

Hi all, I cannot get the SRS to connect. It crashes instantly as I hit connect button. Any advice? I've already reinstalled it, running it as admin.

First of all go to Settings page and scroll down to Reset audio overlay. It never hurts. Then try toggle overlay if it pops up OK.

Then before connecting to any SR server, plug in your headset and on General page, make an audio preview. You will probably need to set input devices (microphone) and output devices (speakers) in the drop down menus (before version 1.5.0, SR tended to forget those settings even if they were OK when shut down previously - was difficult to spot, cause noone looked there).

Select microphone, but do not select anything/leave it in NO MIC passthrough option field, only choose Speakers on the left from the two drop down fields. After selecting an AUdio preview, whewre you need to hear your own mic in your headset, Stop preview, then try to connect.

Don't forget to check those next time too, unless you upgraded to 1.5.0.