Cold Start Training Mission

AstroEma

Hi all

just checking if the cold start training mission is working well?

It doesn't start for me.

I just get into the cockpit, everything is cold and the instructor is not talking.

Cheers.

e

Kaby Lake @ 4.6Ghz - Gigabyte Z170-D3H - 16Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 OC - Samsung EVO 250Gb SSD - Seagate 1 Tb HDD - HTC Vive - Rift CV1

They work OK, I've just tested them. Remember, that the engines must run already and the hydro pressure mist build up for the controls to move.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• 5 months later...

Hi,

In 1.5.5.59992, the Cold Start training mission doesn't see my release of the rotor brake as the first step in the mission and won't allow me to move forward from there. It doesn't matter whether I moved the brake using a mouse click or Rctrl-R.

Has anyone seen a similar issue?

Thanks!

• ED Team
Hi,

In 1.5.5.59992, the Cold Start training mission doesn't see my release of the rotor brake as the first step in the mission and won't allow me to move forward from there. It doesn't matter whether I moved the brake using a mouse click or Rctrl-R.

Has anyone seen a similar issue?

Thanks!

Before we begin, make sure the rotor brake, flight, and engine controls are properly set for a start.

- On the right side of the Pilot-Commander's seat, lower the Rotor Brake handle by mouse-clicking over it to unlock the rotor.

- Ensure the Cyclic is near the center position by moving your joystick or using the arrow keys.

- Ensure the anti-torque pedals are centered. * |Z| / |X|

- On the left side of the seat, ensure the Collective is fully down. * |Num-|

- Ensure the Throttle twist grip on the Collective is turned fully LEFT. * |PgDn|

- Ensure the Engine Condition Levers to the left of the Collective are set in the middle detent position. * |RCTRL + HOME| / |RCTRL + END|

Sorry I was not clear. I receive those instructions on the screen. I can lower the Rotor Brake by either mouse-clicking over it, or using Rctrl-R. But the yellow highlighting over the rotor brake does not disappear, and there is no response to anything - such as collective, cyclic, or pedals.

I've had Mi-8 for a while now. Do I need to do something to get a new version of the training missions?

Thanks!

There won't be response to collective, cyclic and pedals until at least one engine runs (they all need hydro pressure to move).

That being said, the yellow highlighting should disappear allright. It sometimes gets "stuck" in various training missions (especially in the MiG-21 ones), requiring longer mouse button push, but I've just tested the Mi-8 mission on my latest stable 1.5.5 install and it worked. Do You use any Mi-8 cockpit mods? They tend to cause various issues sometimes.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Posting a track won't help if the problem is install related, because on our computers it will play different anyway. I downloaded and watched it - the brake released fine.

Tried playing with both default and default English pit - the brake gets released in both cases.

Daddy, do You use VR? There are various highlighting & clicking issues with VR solutions in DCS, which don't happen in 2D screen mode. And if not, try moving Your DCS user folder from "Saved Games" for a while to see if the mission works OK when the game resets its settings to default. Maybe You have to trash left there from old custom mods & stuff.

Edited by Art-J

Thanks to both! SL PAK identified the issue. The Throttle grip was not all the way to the left, so even though I had completed the first step in the instructions on that page, the failure was not associated with the rotor brake even though that was where the yellow box was stuck.

I had tried the mouse on the throttle and received no response, and the Collective wouldn't move, so I was at wit's end.

However, as SL PAK suggest, I found that the PageDn key did work, which freed up the rest of the Training Mission. And it turns out that you need to right-click the mouse on the throttle so that the mouse wheel would work!!

Again, thanks!