Eurofighter Typhoon: Nothing Comes Close.

Didn't like this video at all. 100% bullshit... :doh:

Anyway you just made your first post @lockon.ru! :doh:

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

Great flick though, as corny as it was, it was still pretty cool.

For one moment I thought that you said “Great chick though, as horny as it was…” :D

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

Guest IguanaKing

OK...Sonny...I'll explain everything to you. The reason why the "evil pentavarate" didn't comment in the afforementioned thread is because it was about the Typhoon. Does that mean any of us "Americans" were boycotting it? No. It simply means we all respect the Typhoon as a formidable piece of military hardware, and we feel no need to go pissing on a thread about it. Pissing on a thread, for no other reason than pissing itself, is an act of those who are jealous and insecure...the "Americans", unfortunately, don't fall under that definition.

BTW...let me add a definition to "American" which might support your views.

American- Anyone, of any nationality, who might hold a favorable opinion of American aircraft, based on scientific knowledge and factors.

Ok, Ok, let me Americanize this thread a bit.

The footage is an actual event ,a RL sam was fired at the Typhoon which they new due to its unmatched maneuverability that evading it would be a piss up a wall.

The sam guy ,actually the most experienced guy on the planet outside the US obviously, was so impressed after filming that he had this to say 'That fudging Typhoon is so mufar-truckin bad it could wup the F22 twice over and not even leave 2nd gear.'

When the meteor comes into play the Typhhon will pick up the Raptor at bout ummm 30 miles officially and splatter it to death with its 70 mile PK range. Basically in layman terms Game Over Europe wins.:D

Ohh and im not European im actually UK born.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Actually, it's true. The DASS on the typhoon (defensive aid sub-system) has forward and aft missile approach warning phased array radar detection systems that warn the pilot of an approaching missile - whether IR, SARH, or ARH.

However - and this is a BIG however - it's not a passive system like the UV detection warning systems used by... well whoever :smilewink: . So, this system emits electromagnetic energy making the typhoon much less stealthy and able to be located with the proper detection equipment.

The plusses of this system are that it can warn of approach of missiles of any type in any type of phase of the missiles flight - boost, sustainer, or glide. The minus is that it's active and detectable.

The UV system on the other hand can detect all types of missiles (IR, etc.) but only in the boost .... phase of the flight. Once gliding, it emits no UV signature to track and is lost by the warning system. BUT it's not a source of electromagnetic energy, so consequently doesn't interfere with detection of the aircraft.

• Like 1

Oh, I didn't mean to imply that it was not controllable by the pilot. When using EMCON4 you must turn this off anyway. However, the system is only useful if it's on. If you turn it on when you think a missile is coming at you, then why do you need it? Finally, if it's on, you're detectable.

Granted, its not a high power emission, but since the power equivalent of a 40watt bulb is detectable at several million miles, the typhoon will be as well.

When being locked and then having a missile launched at you I guess your position is compromised anyway:thumbup:

Yeah, but what's the point of leaving it off until the moment you suspect that missiles maybe launched against you? Defeats much of the point of having it in the first place. The system is designed to warn the pilot of missiles fired from a guy he never sees, and has no idea where he is, so by turning it on only when the pilot thinks he might be under attack, he's still vulnerable to that guy he never sees.

The thing actually doesn't really make you more detectable, much like turning on your radar doesn't double your RCS. It just lets the enemy know you're there, and your general direction, provided that they have the right equipment to pick you up. Of course, if they have 3 aircraft each datalinked to each other, they can triangulate your RF signals to quickly find you, but turning on your radar has much the same affect (unless, of course, you have one of those newer AESA/PESA radars - those afford a level of protection from triangulation if cleverly utilized/programmed).

sigzk5.jpg

OK...Sonny...I'll explain everything to you. The reason why the "evil pentavarate" didn't comment in the afforementioned thread is because it was about the Typhoon. Does that mean any of us "Americans" were boycotting it? No. It simply means we all respect the Typhoon as a formidable piece of military hardware, and we feel no need to go pissing on a thread about it. Pissing on a thread, for no other reason than pissing itself, is an act of those who are jealous and insecure...the "Americans", unfortunately, don't fall under that definition.

BTW...let me add a definition to "American" which might support your views.

American- Anyone, of any nationality, who might hold a favorable opinion of American aircraft, based on scientific knowledge and factors.

Talking only with the most beautiful woman and ignore completely the other woman who is together with her is like having no respect for the other.

Anyway it was wrong of me to make fun of some of the “F22” adorers who ridicule about everything that comes into every discussion where the Almighty Raptor was discussed (the f-22 pwn all and pissing on everything except the raptor threads). It was also wrong of me to suggest that there was a relation of Americans and these f-22 pwn everything thread bashers.

BTW, the F-16 is my all time favorable aircraft.

The lack of respect for Russian military hardware is also regrettable, indeed even on a .RU domain forum.

so what tells me that comment? if i was too direct or you didn't like my speech i apologize, but that video is just ridiculous.

Of course I respect your opinion about this film.

For me too it is of course a ridiculous film but a promotion film is supposed to be like that otherwise it would be kind of a boring promotion film. (Imagine for a second a promotion film on cars that is not ridiculous)

Guest IguanaKing
Talking only with the most beautiful woman and ignore completely the other woman who is together with her is like having no respect for the other.

Quietly listening to what the other woman has to say is not ignoring her. Just because some of us don't pipe up in those threads doesn't mean we're not reading them. That's what I do...just read them, since I actually don't feel all that qualified to comment on a European aircraft. ;)

I've teased people a little bit about the Kobra, but it definitely doesn't mean I have no respect for Russian aircraft. I actually get to work on some of them and fly in some of them. What I can say about them is that I don't work on them too often, because they are just so friggin' reliable...they just keep going and going. That fact itself deserves respect. :D

Anyway it was wrong of me to make fun of some of the “F22” adorers who ridicule about everything that comes into every discussion where the Almighty Raptor was discussed (the f-22 pwn all and pissing on everything except the raptor threads). It was also wrong of me to suggest that there was a relation of Americans and these f-22 pwn everything thread bashers.

BTW, the F-16 is my all time favorable aircraft.

The lack of respect for Russian military hardware is also regrettable, indeed even on a .RU domain forum.

Where does ANYONE ridicule anything in ANY thread? As far as I know, the "pentavarate" only said that there isn't any fighter in the world that would be able to pick up an F-22 until it's too late (AESA, IRST, etc. included). That's just how the Raptor was *designed*, to be stealthy to RF and IR sensors. That *includes* late-gen IRSTs (as in Eurofighter) or AESA radars (as in F-15/16/35s).

Anyway, if that's your definition of ridicule, than maybe you should open a dictionary and find out what the word really means. Cause saying the F-22 is gonna beat the Eurofighter easily air-to-air is not ridiculing the Europeans at all.

sigzk5.jpg

Hahaha another "F-22 pwns all thread". You guys just can't stop it. This is so funny.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

How much Russian military hardware is there really? Very little.

You mean to say "Soviet Era" military hardware.

Russia has been independent for 15 years.

Not trying to start a fight for anything. I just hate when anything soviet is called russian. Many republics took part in the development of Soviet technology.

:Core2Duo @ 435FSB x 7 3.05GHz : ATI x1900xtx: 2GB Patriot @ 435Mhz : WD 250Gb UATA: Seagate 320Gb SATA2: X-Fi Platinum:

F.A.Q., F.A.Q., F.A.Q.....How many times do I have to ask for it?!? :)

Luckily, it's highly unlikely that the F22 will ever be involved in a major war with an equivalent force.

......which has the less happy byproduct of producing many more arguments just like this one. So, we will see this same argument or variations thereof for some time to come. The joy! I can hardly wait for the next one!

Guest IguanaKing
How much Russian military hardware is there really? Very little.

You mean to say "Soviet Era" military hardware.

Russia has been independent for 15 years.

Not trying to start a fight for anything. I just hate when anything soviet is called russian. Many republics took part in the development of Soviet technology.

How should we refer to it then? FSU? CIS? How about Eastern aircraft? That's a term I normally like to use. :)

Where does ANYONE ridicule anything in ANY thread? As far as I know, the "pentavarate" only said that there isn't any fighter in the world that would be able to pick up an F-22 until it's too late (AESA, IRST, etc. included). That's just how the Raptor was *designed*, to be stealthy to RF and IR sensors. That *includes* late-gen IRSTs (as in Eurofighter) or AESA radars (as in F-15/16/35s).

Anyway, if that's your definition of ridicule, than maybe you should open a dictionary and find out what the word really means. Cause saying the F-22 is gonna beat the Eurofighter easily air-to-air is not ridiculing the Europeans at all.

Remember your famous 100 raptors killing 1000 Su-27’s thread remark.

That is what I call ridicule ( (trop=too much=te veel) even GG agreed on that one).

Your ridicules calculation most likely: 100 raptors having 600x 120D + 400xAIM9x = 1000 Su-27 kills! :gun_sniper:

Remember your famous 100 raptors killing 1000 Su-27’s thread remark.

That is what I call ridicule ( (trop=too much=te veel) even GG agreed on that one).

Your ridicules calculation most likely: 100 raptors having 600x 120D + 400xAIM9x = 1000 Su-27 kills! :gun_sniper:

Um, you must've missed the part where I said a 100 F-22s AND supporting fighters vs. 1000 Su-27s. GG only agreed because he thought that the 100 F-22s had to take the 1000 Su-27s *straight* on (i.e. once all AMRAAMs have been shot, the F-22 goes WVR).

Tell me, provided that the Su-27s cannot attack the F-22 airbase (i.e. supporting fighters defend it), how can the Flankers *possibly* force the stealthy, Mach 1.7 supercruise F-22s to commit to a dogfight?

Answer: it can't. Ergo, so long as the Raptors can land and rearm safely, there is nothing stopping the F-22s from winning even if they are outnumbered 20 to 1.

BTW, it doesn't have to be Flankers. They could be F-15s, F-16s, Mirages, anything for all I care. The F-22 is NOT a weapon you can beat by sheer numbers, mainly because supercruise and stealth allows it to dictate the start of an engagement as well as the end of it, according to its pilot's will.

No other plane has that ability. If a BVR-only fight is desired, the F-22 can *make* that happen.

Moral of the story: read other people's posts next time. That would be great.

Back on the Eurofighter please.

sigzk5.jpg