How to increase Pixel Density/SuperSample in HTC VIVE

illuzian

Did you manually type "2160x1200" (without quotes) into the resolution bar in game and apply that?

I've gone on a one day over clocking tirade with my 970 and I'm now running 1.2 at a pretty stable 90FPS. Readability of gauges at least in the P51 is much better. That said... I know it well enough that I all I really need to see somewhat is the needle position on the temp gauges. But it's better for sure :)...

what settings are you on?

I can barely get 45fps on my 970 while in flight, not to mention the massive performance impact setting the multiplier has on my system.

in practice you double the resolution you render then scale it down to the screen.

2.0 makes the P51 pit very readble, I can actually read the compass. but I can barely scrape off 30pfs with everything on low. I had settled, on 1.5 with lowered quality (compared to 1.0) just to maintain a decent framerate (i.e 45 most of the time).

Everything on low/off (even the shadows) and 1.2 Pixel Density and I stay at about 90... sometimes 75.

As far as GPU settings...

It's complicated :).

I had to adjust the vBIOS to allow it to pull more amperage through the two 6 pin connectors and up the PCIe voltage to 75W (It can likely go a bit higher but 75W is the specification and I don't want to risk a nice MoBo...).

Then I set it to 3850 memory and 1506 GPU at 1.275V.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Thanks, I'll have a look, based on this, I can try and push the memory a bit more. I run +175mhz clock, +150mhz on me, no very voltage. And I'm not throttling due to TDP or Temp, (it just crashes if I try to boost it up a bit more).

Boost clock is stable around 1500mhz

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I believe the Pixel Density slider is working now as of Dec 21. Last night I tried increasing it from 1.0 to 1.4 (using an HTC Vive) and saw a MAJOR improvement in cockpit detail. Gauges that were previously impossible to read can now be made out in enough detail to use them.

Warning - if you go to Pixel 1.5, a strange gamma adjustment effect seems to kick in, brightening everything significantly.

But 1.4 has made the biggest difference to my DCS VR experience of any tweak.