[REPORTED]The trim does not work in flight.

Confirmed here that with a G27 plugged in I have no trim either (force feedback checked or unchecked). Unfortunately due to my slightly OCD, ultra neat freak cable management It's not really an option for me to unplug and replug at will :doh:

Edited by Highwayman-Ed

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Jumped in here to report the same issue in 1.5.4. OB. What's puzzling - It seems to affect different airplanes. Thrustmaster T500RS wheel plugged here, working as a rudder control. FFB switched off in game (at least that's what the menu says) - no trim in L-39. Works OK in P-51D and MiG-21 though.

Definitely don't intend to unplug the wheel, as I'd like to have rudder control, plus, this config works flawlessly in 1.5.3 stable.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I have the trim problem as well. Try air refueling with no trim :lol:. With DCS 2.0 I was able to fix the problem by turning the feedback off in options. In 1.5.4 it does not fix it.. I have a G25 connected (not used in DCS, mainly for racing games).

Found the solution for trimming doesn't work in flight, you just press RAlt+J (Jump into selected aircraft), then jump back into cockpit again. This is the fix for some aircrafts. Others don't have RAlt+J (SA342) can't be fixed.

Then use wrist rudder instead ? :doh: :megalol:

With Warthog HOTAS, I don't have even that :D. Not a fortunate suggestion, I agree :D.

Anyway, I can confirm the Alt-J trick works with F-86 and L-39C, as these are the first two planes I tested. That's some work around and It makes 1.5.4 OB playable for me again. I hope, however, I won't have to do it when 1.5.4 hits stable release!

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Mirage 2000C trim seems to be OK as well as the MiG-21

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah, I can still trim fine in the Stang.

Dogs of War Squadron

Call sign "HeadHunter" P-51D /Spitfire Jockey

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR /Q9650 3.6Ghz | 16GB DDR3 1600 RipJaws | EVGA GTX-1060 ACX3 FTW | ThrustMaster 16000m & G13 GamePad w/analog rudder stick | TurtleBeach EarForce PX22 | Track IR5 | Vizio 40" 4K TV monitor (stuck temporarily with an Acer 22" :( )

:crazy: no trim at 1.5.4 stable.

I have pedals from Logitech Formula Force .

Another week that i can't play this. :(

Use the 2 x RightAlt+J trick. That's what we've been doing until better solution becomes available.

I have the same problem with trim.

With G27 ON, trim for the cyclic doesn't work, but it works for peddals (rudder). If I disconect G27, It works fine on the cyclic, but... I need the peddals and G27 gearbox console man!

Still waiting for ED fix this problem because it's imposible to fly choopers without peddals or without trim!

:-(

PD: I confirm that 2x Alt Right + J trick works in the choopers, time to play offline till solved.

Edited by Fastman360

I've just downloaded and run some test on the new patch, this trim thing still hasn't been fixed since last month. Trim doesn't work even with Alt+J trick anymore. This must be a very tough bug and ridiculous (It seems no one cares about this and want to give an explanation). CC101, Hawk, UH1, Gazelle are now bricked. I'm very disappointed. I guess I'll take a break from DCS and wait for my new TM Warthog to arrive (in 3 weeks).

Edited by anlq

It seems a joke,

We are in the 4 update version 1.54. In this release it was reported the problem with Trim for those who have more than one controller that has Force Feedback.

And the only thing that was done was to take the only way we had to correct the problem that was the ALT + J

• ED Team

Yes sadly a fix for this issue was not ready for the patch, but it is being worked on still.

edit:

some users have reported that if they unplug the ffb device before launching dcs and then plug it back in after it helps.

But devs are still working on the issue

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

I wish I could help, but I do not have FFB so can not test it.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I came back after a 5 month break from DCS with a fresh install on a new rig only to find the trim bug. Alt-J at least worked well enough to fly but now my whole fleet is grounded, wonderful.

I'm glad I didn't rush in and purchase the Gazelle and Nevada.

Is there an easy way for me to roll back the update and then keep it from updating?

(By the way I have only one FFB controller plugged in so not sure if having multiple controllers has anything to do with it)

Edited by monkie

Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10

• ED Team

use this guide to roll back

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030