[CLOSED] Slanted side view when using TiR in latest 1.5.4. OB.

haha sorry guys, now it looks like i spammed the answers, but i just answered to different threads about trackIR problems in the different forums [for mirage, mig21, gazelle, etc] , to help people find the fix.

now it all got moved together to this thread :)

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you dont want headtracking in external view, pause track Ir.

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

A-10C TiR YAW

after some digging, I discovered that the LUA files are different in 1.5 from 2.0 since the update. I copied the lua file from 2.0 and replaced the one in 1.5

File location:

"C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Config\Input\Aircrafts\Default\trackir\default.lua"

copy the file from 2.0 and replace the 1.5 with the copied one. The file paths are the same except for one is in OpenBeta, the other is in OpenAlpha.

Now TiR works normaly as it did prior to the update.

haha sorry guys, now it looks like i spammed the answers, but i just answered to different threads about trackIR problems in the different forums [for mirage, mig21, gazelle, etc] , to help people find the fix.

now it all got moved together to this thread :)

Yeah, that's pretty bad moderation if you ask me. I also reported this in the VR issues thread, and when moved here, my post appeared pretty incomprehensible and out of context. I can understand the will to keep the forum neat, and the thread count down, but not to the price of added confusion.

Love having that feature - adds a whole new dimension to the external view system! Thanks ED! :thumbup:

Especially when dangling from a chute or "walking" around after ejecting.

Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

To confirm - is this is a planned feature which will be available in the release version? If yes could it be an option. I think having it as an option will be required as I would expect that people will have love/hate ralation to it - some will love it while some hate it.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

It sucks that we have to even consider going through this process to fix something that should never have been broken.

It would be nice to get an update that doesn't require 2 hours of re-setting and/or changing or re-establishing Controller Settings, TIR defaults etc etc, before getting a chance to do any flying.

I think the Learning Curves are long enough without having to relearn things every time there is an update. It certainly takes the fun out of it for me.

SnowTiger:joystick:

• ED Team
It sucks that we have to even consider going through this process to fix something that should never have been broken.

It would be nice to get an update that doesn't require 2 hours of re-setting and/or changing or re-establishing Controller Settings, TIR defaults etc etc, before getting a chance to do any flying.

I think the Learning Curves are long enough without having to relearn things every time there is an update. It certainly takes the fun out of it for me.

Its Open Beta, these things happen, best way to avoid them is to not to take part in Open Beta testing. If you dont have anything helpful to add to this thread please dont post, we need to keep it clean to collect any data the devs might still need.

Edited by NineLine

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

To confirm - is this is a planned feature which will be available in the release version? If yes could it be an option. I think having it as an option will be required as I would expect that people will have love/hate ralation to it - some will love it while some hate it.

which is why I said, if external Head tracking is that big of a deal, they can pause TIR, and continue using NumPAD/Mouse to rotate around the model as normal.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

which is why I said, if external Head tracking is that big of a deal, they can pause TIR, and continue using NumPAD/Mouse to rotate around the model as normal.

Why not make it a check-box thing in the options? I find this implementation insanely annoying. And saying "well pause TIR then" just does not cut the mustard in my opinion. If this is implemented (which it is) I can't imagine it being difficult in being a check-box option.

So if I want to Toggle it on and off to get a nice camera angle/view for a screenshot,

I'd have to exit a mission and check a check box, restart the mission and hope to get into the same position as before, instead of pressing a button while still in the mission.

Seems to be adding an awful lot of stuff to do, instead of simply Pressing a Pause Button.

So if I want to Toggle it on and off to get a nice camera angle/view for a screenshot,

I'd have to exit a mission and check a check box, restart the mission and hope to get into the same position as before, instead of pressing a button while still in the mission.

No.

Checkbox ticked = TrackIR controls outside view (and TIR pause is required to move the view with mouse/keypad)

Checkbox not ticked = mouse/keypad controls outside view, as previous was the case.

• Like 1

HI all.

I have not read the entire thread.

I don't have problems in the other modules, but I do in the Mig21.

I don't seem to have X,Y,Z axis with TrackIR and I can't zoom out much in the cockpit.

Would the solution given by SkateZilla solve this problem as well?

Thanks!

Kaby Lake @ 4.6Ghz - Gigabyte Z170-D3H - 16Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 OC - Samsung EVO 250Gb SSD - Seagate 1 Tb HDD - HTC Vive - Rift CV1

HI all.

I have not read the entire thread.

I don't have problems in the other modules, but I do in the Mig21.

I don't seem to have X,Y,Z axis with TrackIR and I can't zoom out much in the cockpit.

Would the solution given by SkateZilla solve this problem as well?

Thanks!

If you use JSGME you can find out in seconds. See post #134.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Should Be Fixed in Today's Open Beta Patch/