[CLOSED] Slanted side view when using TiR in latest 1.5.4. OB.

The name of the function is nothing other than a name.

Also, regarding point B. What good is testing is you have a custom configuration not used by the users with a problem that you are trying to test? Don't you take your own advice and remove all mods and start with a clean Saved Games folder?

Edited by cichlidfan
  • Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The name of the function is nothing other than a name.

What are you referring to Name of the Function is nothing more than a name?,

ie:

action = iCommandViewVerticalAbs is not a "Name of a function", it's a Command that the UI Receives to tell it to move Camera a specific way.

Also, regarding point B. What good is testing is you have a custom configuration not used by the users with a problem that you are trying to test? Don't you take your own advice and remove all mods and start with a clean Saved Games folder?

I have numerous Tracking Devices installed, sometimes I have to override axes to test others.

it was a custom file that was created when I changed some axes around to test something else, I did not know the updater would ignore it and forgot it wasnt in the saved games folder...

Users w/ Custom Views already Set and Saved overriding the defaults likely dont have this issue as their saved vAngle is set to 0 or close to it.

If this is going to turn into a "Questioning ED's every move / Questioning a Tester's Work Ethic/Procedures", Then I Suggest you take it to PM or Elsewhere, This Line of Questioning has Zero to do w/ the actual bug.

I dont need to explain myself, I'm aware of what I do, and how I do it So are all the other testers.

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 2

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

If this is going to turn into a "Questioning ED's every move / Questioning a Tester's Work Ethic/Procedures", Then I Suggest you take it to PM or Elsewhere...

No need, you answered my question.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

No need, you answered my question.

Fantastic, we can go back to Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrtting bad guys in Caucasus now :thumbup:

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Updates to head tracking functions/features...

Eitherway, the issue isnt the controller itself,

But the Workaround to use the old controller works for me:

Opening:

/DCS WORLD/CONFIG/INPUT/AIRCRAFTS/DEFAULT/trackir/default.lua

and Changing it to the following Resolves the trackir having an offset:

return {
axisCommands = {
-- TrackIR axes
{combos = {{key = 'TRACKIR_PITCH'}},	action = iCommandViewVerticalAbs	, name = _('Absolute Camera Vertical View')},
{combos = {{key = 'TRACKIR_YAW'}},  	action = iCommandViewHorizontalAbs		, name = _('Absolute Camera Horizontal View')},
{combos = {{key = 'TRACKIR_ROLL'}}, 	action = iCommandViewRollAbs		, name = _('Absolute Roll Shift Camera View')},

{combos = {{key = 'TRACKIR_X'}}, 		action = iCommandViewHorTransAbs		, name = _('Absolute Horizontal Shift Camera View')},
{combos = {{key = 'TRACKIR_Y'}}, 		action = iCommandViewVertTransAbs		, name = _('Absolute Vertical Shift Camera View')},
{combos = {{key = 'TRACKIR_Z'}}, 		action = iCommandViewLongitudeTransAbs		, name = _('Absolute Longitude Shift Camera View')},
{combos = nil, 	action = iCommandViewZoomAbs			, name = _('Zoom View')},
},
}

Would this workaround fix the Vive issue as well?

Would this workaround fix the Vive issue as well?

No, this is for TIR Only

See Here for VR:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2822669&postcount=713

• Like 1

I have successfully fixed my TrackIR problem by doing the following:

Copy and paste default.lua

C:\ED\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\Config\Input\Aircrafts\Default\trackir

To:

C:\ED\DCS World OpenBeta\Config\Input\Aircrafts\Default\trackir

Attached is the file:

[ATTACH]143010[/ATTACH]

Hope it works for you.

did the same with both trackir and headtracker, now %100 working:thumbup:

Edited by theropod

No, this is for TIR Only

See Here for VR:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2822669&postcount=713

Thanks for that, much appreciated, although I did get mixed results with the Vive..

M2K, Ka50 and SU25T; now working fine, even after a restart of DCS

A10c, I have to reapply the fix almost everytime I enter the cockpit

Mi8, I couldn't get the fix to work with this at all

As this is a workaround until a permanent fix comes out I'll just stick to flying the M2k and Ka50.

Users w/ Custom Views already Set and Saved overriding the defaults likely dont have this issue as their saved vAngle is set to 0 or close to it.

Hey Skate,

I had costume views set, and I was still effected....if that helps some one. I also noticed that in the Mig-21 everything worked pretty much like it used to, except for when you start looking back your head just keeps spinning through round and round, until I run out of the the TIR axis.

To:

Attached is the file:

[ATTACH]143010[/ATTACH]

Hope it works for you.

This fixes the issues in Opentrack aswell, thanks! You do however lose the new outside view headtracking control.

RimOnBlue.png

F/A-18C - A-10C - FC3 - L-39C/ZA - Ka-50 - UH-1H - Mi-8MTV2 - F-86F - Spitfire - P-51D - P-47D - BF-109K - CA

To:

Hope it works for you.

Facetracknoir issue fixed for me, thank you!

Me, too, with Gazelle and Huey.

Quitting DCS and restarting fixes it ... until it goes wrong again.

I also find that if I am leaning forward for whatever reason when first spawning, the really, really, really, really, really, really, really [x1000000] annoying slow zoom back at aspawn does not zoom back all the way, even after I lean backward. Results in the view fixed with my nose pressed against the windshield. The only way to fix this is to restart the mission.

This is a normal problem in software development.

Development machines, like mine, have plenty of tools that allow them to basically ignore errors like the ones you are experiencing.

So, when you use a development machine to test your work sometimes you miss stuff like this because your computer just says "meh" and keeps working as intended.

thanks for explaining and i understand, but i was not meaning razbam testing or you specifically, sorry if it sounded that way! :) from reading the mirage forum i know you are really working hard and always very helpful and communicative with updates etc.

i was probably thinking more of general ED testers, those people who play with the whole update before it gets put on open-beta.

Updates to head tracking functions/features...

Eitherway, the issue isnt the controller itself,

But the Workaround to use the old controller works for me:

Opening:

/DCS WORLD/CONFIG/INPUT/AIRCRAFTS/DEFAULT/trackir/default.lua

and Changing it to the following Resolves the trackir having an offset:

return {
axisCommands = {
-- TrackIR axes
{combos = {{key = 'TRACKIR_PITCH'}},    action = iCommandViewVerticalAbs    , name = _('Absolute Camera Vertical View')},
{combos = {{key = 'TRACKIR_YAW'}},      action = iCommandViewHorizontalAbs        , name = _('Absolute Camera Horizontal View')},
{combos = {{key = 'TRACKIR_ROLL'}},     action = iCommandViewRollAbs        , name = _('Absolute Roll Shift Camera View')},

{combos = {{key = 'TRACKIR_X'}},         action = iCommandViewHorTransAbs        , name = _('Absolute Horizontal Shift Camera View')},
{combos = {{key = 'TRACKIR_Y'}},         action = iCommandViewVertTransAbs        , name = _('Absolute Vertical Shift Camera View')},
{combos = {{key = 'TRACKIR_Z'}},         action = iCommandViewLongitudeTransAbs        , name = _('Absolute Longitude Shift Camera View')},
{combos = nil,     action = iCommandViewZoomAbs            , name = _('Zoom View')},
},
}

thankyouverymuch! this fixed the issues for me. thanks for figuring this out and finding a workaround, much appreciated!

This gets me wondering if ED will be able to implement the new head-trackable external views while still maintaining the locked mouse look and un-slanted view in the cockpit.

RimOnBlue.png

F/A-18C - A-10C - FC3 - L-39C/ZA - Ka-50 - UH-1H - Mi-8MTV2 - F-86F - Spitfire - P-51D - P-47D - BF-109K - CA