After everay win 10 patch - need to reactivate Mig-21

hreich

Can somebody from developers check why do i have to spend one activation after every win 10 patch that comes out?

I am now to 2 activavations left..

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

• 1 month later...

Same here. For some reason Windows 10 has issues with my phone and diskonkey USB drivers. It keeps showing up as 'unknown device' and I keep having to reinstall the drivers, and when I do, the MIG21 needs another activation. And best part is... the activation often fails for some reason and then I have to erase it from the Registry and do it again.

I'm down to 4.

This is the only module that gives me issues.

Please please please fix this!

Same here. For some reason Windows 10 has issues with my phone and diskonkey USB drivers. It keeps showing up as 'unknown device' and I keep having to reinstall the drivers, and when I do, the MIG21 needs another activation. And best part is... the activation often fails for some reason and then I have to erase it from the Registry and do it again.

I'm down to 4.

This is the only module that gives me issues.

Please please please fix this!

I'm having the same issue.

I don't suppose the LN activation key uses some Windows 10 version ID which keeps changing with every major Windows 10 update?

Fortunately, I'm still on D.. I mean, Windows 7 because I don't like how the 10 shoves drivers down your throat. I did notice an L-39 license pop-up today on the 1.5.4 though.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

If you out of keys, there comes every month 1 key plus .:D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

I went through 2 windows 10 updates and I haven't had this issue with MiG-21bis activation. If its of any help I have actually bought windows 10 and installed it from USB, maybe the free version update has some settings that interfere with this licence (I disabled all options for monitoring during installation, which you don't get with free upgrade and then disabled everything in privacy settings once OS was installed).

No longer active in DCS...

• 4 weeks later...
The latest win 10 update was the first one to force a MIG-21 activation for me

Same

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

I went through 2 windows 10 updates and I haven't had this issue with MiG-21bis activation. If its of any help I have actually bought windows 10 and installed it from USB, maybe the free version update has some settings that interfere with this licence (I disabled all options for monitoring during installation, which you don't get with free upgrade and then disabled everything in privacy settings once OS was installed).

It's a legit problem, Large Windows Updates (ie Anniversary Updated) make changes to USB and PCIe devices and updates their drivers.

Uninstalling a specific component of my AMD Drivers on my system causes MiG-21 Hardware License Mis-Match.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I have the same issue, but only with this module and it isn't the first time.

I think it is unfortunate if drivers affect the validation check, but I also wonder why it only happens on the mig21.

I'm on my 6.th of 15, so its not a troublesome issue at the moment, but it is an annoyance that I have to go about manually removing the keys from the system because of this fault.

I found that everytime the system switches from dedicated graphics card to onboard graphics you loose an activation. This can happen when windows updates but it also can happen when you change settings in the BIOS, meaning it happens even when you never opened/rewired anything inside your PC.

Interesting piece of information...

Same problem here.

Reactivation recquired after win10 update 2 days ago.

Getting this error message.

Edit: this what I'm getting after I tried a reactivation once, which ended with the activation window not responding and trying it again.

My profile says it activated today, yet I'm still getting these errors.

This is beyond annoying.

txtC13F.rar

error21.thumb.PNG.28546efe32d6898cd1e8370376f8e172.PNG

Edited by KansasCS

I got it working again for now. Until the next win10 update I guess.

This is directed towards the LN Team:

How can I reset my amount of activations?

I am down to 5. 90% of activations were used due to faults and errors on your part.

Come next year and I'm left with asking for an additional activation every 30 days. I would like to avoid that.

Same problem here.

Reactivation recquired after win10 update 2 days ago.

Getting this error message.

Edit: this what I'm getting after I tried a reactivation once, which ended with the activation window not responding and trying it again.

My profile says it activated today, yet I'm still getting these errors.

This is beyond annoying.

Same for me, please help me !

O0ySJKZ.jpg

Same issue here as well. I know this is primarily a Mig-21 issue but I'd challenge ED to change the activation system entirely, over complicated would be a nice way to put it.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Now the Mig 21 module asks for reactivation every time I run DCS, I was down to 1 this evening and wanted to fly the Mig with some squad mates and I used the last one, but the activation hung and then crashed. So I restarted DCS and I am now down to zero, so I cant even fly the Mig.