VR wishlist

Shabi

Would be great to navigate menus, in out of missions, etc, without having to use a mouse while in VR. Anyone has found a better way? Cheers.

Just disable the mouse in the vr tab and bind left and right click in the controls menu (under ui settings). You can then look at what you want to click as the cursor is tied to headtracking.

I just wish the cursor vanished when not over an active click spot though as it is very distracting when not in use.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

There is of course the completely practical and viable alternative of voice activated commands. It was the first thing I added to my set up after I got the Rift. I use a button on the joystick to engage the Voice Attack system to listen, and then you can just speak a command, or say a key press, and then release the listening button. It is much easier than adding a camera, and gives plenty of flexibility, even going as far as entire macros if you so desire.

Been considering getting voice attack, can I ask does it have any effect on perfomance?

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

Been considering getting voice attack, can I ask does it have any effect on perfomance?

Not that I have found. Best 10 bucks I spent in a long while. It has quickly become invaluable, especially with VR. I cannot recommend it highly enough. I added HCS voice packs for Elite D and SC for even more awesomeness.

It really can be used in some many ways. DCS isn't the only title you can find benefit with it.

I use a one handed keypad with f1-f12 mapped to it, and a few stickers to add texture. Works reasonably well, I might consider voice attack for some other sequential commands or basic stuff like gear up.

Oculus CV1, i7 4790k @ stock, gtx 1080ti @ stock, 32gb PC3-19200 @ 2.4ghz, warthog & saitek pedals, razer tartarus chroma.

• 3 weeks later...
Just disable the mouse in the vr tab and bind left and right click in the controls menu (under ui settings). You can then look at what you want to click as the cursor is tied to headtracking.

I just wish the cursor vanished when not over an active click spot though as it is very distracting when not in use.

Thank you, unckecking the use mouse in VR solved it, thank you!!!

• 1 year later...
Today, internally, we implemented the ability to cursor select Radio Menu items.

Thanks

U really think that is a good idea?

U really should implement selecting com items with joystick buttons. Cursor down, up, back, select. Just let us assign it to hotkeys.

I have no time for leaving my stick alone for using my mouse in the cockpit for communcation.

Pls have more good ideas.

Like the idea of configurable modyfier keys. This is one of the best ideas on earth. :)

Thanks in advance!

Vannipo

Edited by Vannipo

You mean the things that you can do with F1, F2... on keyboard?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Like the idea of configurable modyfier keys. This is one of the best ideas on earth. :)

That has been available for many, many years. Unless you mean something other than what it appears that you said.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

U really think that is a good idea?

U really should implement selecting com items with joystick buttons. Cursor down, up, back, select. Just let us assign it to hotkeys.

I have no time for leaving my stick alone for using my mouse in the cockpit for communcation.

Thanks in advance!

Vannipo

I personally would very much like that ability to be implemented for the mouse in VR!

I use a center mounted stick, and have a pull out from my desk on the right just beside it that I keep my mouse on, I can easily reach and use it for something like this.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

You mean the things that you can do with F1, F2... on keyboard?

Exactly.

I can explain it more clearly:

I press the hotkey for com. Why I cant just now select the com items with my e.g. 8-way on my joystick? Maybe with pressing a modifyer key additionally. That I can decide.

We just need mapable commands like:

Com Menue Up (POV up)

Com Menue Down (POV down)

Com Menue Back (POV left)

Com Menue Select (POV right)

I just cant get it into my brain, why this possibility just doesn't even exists :D

In nearly any system on earth, where u have a stick, u can act like this. Its just intuitive.

Finding F1-F12 in fight and maybe in VR... No good idea

But doing combos with the joystick like: "Down->Right->Down->Down->Right" is easy.

Regards

Vannipo

Edited by Vannipo

I personally would very much like that ability to be implemented for the mouse in VR!

I use a center mounted stick, and have a pull out from my desk on the right just beside it that I keep my mouse on, I can easily reach and use it for something like this.

Its ok for me, if u want to use a mouse in a cockpit.

I use it, too.

But not for Com.

I don't like and it destroys my immersion. I don't want to leave my stick for navigating through com menuesin the upper right corner.

And it's really nothing special about it, to let the user map these commands above.

Exactly.

I can explain it more clearly:

I press the hotkey for com. Why I cant just now select the com items with my e.g. 8-way on my joystick? Maybe with pressing a modifyer key additionally. That I can decide.

We just need mapable commands like:

Com Menue Up (POV up)

Com Menue Down (POV down)

Com Menue Back (POV left)

Com Menue Select (POV right)

I just cant get it into my brain, why this possibility just doesn't even exists :D

In nearly any system on earth, where u have a stick, u can act like this. Its just intuitive.

Finding F1-F12 in fight and maybe in VR... No good idea

But doing combos with the joystick like: "Down->Right->Down->Down->Right" is easy.

Regards

Vannipo

Use VoiceAttack.

Anyway, what I want most from VR is more FOV.

Until ED give us hotkeys... maybe yes.

Why? What could be more realistic than radio comms with your voice?

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat