The start of a revolution for LOMAC??

.....now laugh at this!

Check this out...

akula_1.jpg

akula_2.jpg

akula_3.jpg

I down-sized it once again by the same factor and finally got something that is reasonably close to scale.....actually it should be about twice as big, but that shouldn't be a problem.

I also re-oriented the model - in the previous screenie it was not only much too large but also floating sideways on top of the water.....not anymoref(YES!).

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL! Look at the Admiral!

Where did you find the model? Looks Superb, definitely hope you keep fiddling with it till' you get the size right, Would love to see that ingame.

I got the model from gunpoint-3D.com - yes it is great and not even partuculary "big" in terms of polys(about 11000) :) .

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

I got the model from gunpoint-3D.com - yes it is great and not even partuculary "big" in terms of polys(about 11000) :) .

Cheers,

- JJ.

Great! Does it include LOD's? Can we possibly make this a MODMAN file and release it for ingame?

SU-30MKI

simvavatarhornetqg8.jpg

F/A-18F

...Beauty, grace, lethality.

Great! Does it include LOD's? Can we possibly make this a MODMAN file and release it for ingame?

No there are no LODs.

As far as making it a mod I don't think so - there are copyrights to consider. The licence agreement does allow for it to be used for game purposes if the model's geometry cannot be accessed and altered by third party, which it can't once converted to *.lom format.......but still :) .

I would really only feel comfortable about this if I had made the model from scratch myself :) .

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

there are still meinit entries for spruance, udaloy and some other ships, right? now we need some guys to model them! :thumbup:

For the Spruance yes - not for the Udaloy though. However, there are about twice as many(about 30) ship "slots" brought over from Flanker as are currently used in Lock-on(only 16 IIRC), so there are lots of free entries to pick from :)

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

No there are no LODs.

As far as making it a mod I don't think so - there are copyrights to consider. The licence agreement does allow for it to be used for game purposes if the model's geometry cannot be accessed and altered by third party, which it can't once converted to *.lom format.......but still :) .

I would really only feel comfortable about this if I had made the model from scratch myself :) .

Cheers,

- JJ.

The solution to this is pretty simple:

Package the original witht he .lom, and the converter.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

heh..I understand exactly what you're saying, but in this case, that site is dedicated for the distribution of models for games as long as they can't be altered after, which it can't once converted for LOMAC, as you said. It looks like you bought the model, so you definitely have full rights to use it. You're completely within the LUA and have nothing to worry about, but if you don't wish to, it's alright then.

It looks like the whole process is quite simple once you have it down the first time, and after this sub, why not take more models from over there, especially plane models, and convert them into LOMAC...just for us to see at least!

Oh my, http://gunpoint-3d.com/images/view/uh60.f.jpg :music_whistling:

SU-30MKI

simvavatarhornetqg8.jpg

F/A-18F

...Beauty, grace, lethality.

So lemme see if I got this right...

You can't use this to add new flyables unless they replace a flyable (with its corresponding FM/avionics), so the su-33 is still the one-trick-pony for making new carrier aircraft?

You can use this to add new static stuff and maybe relocate an airbase. But can new terrain be created and the map be expanded??

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

very nice work guys, now i would like to know if someone can test out if it can be packaged into a modman file. For example, take something small such as the F-15's fuel tank, and make it into a modman file. This way we can see if it indeed can work with others. And please ED, could you release a plugin for 3d max 8.0, i have that but i don't want to go out and buy 7.0 and sorta downgrade.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I know everyone's passion go get to work on aircraft, but I take it from Chizh that the real effort here should be static objects - right?

Ok, how about:

- auxillary power units

- auxillary lighting units

- aircraft maintenance vans

- a grouping of aircraft maintenance personnel working on an invisible aircraft so it can be placed around a static on the pad

- more port facility structures

- better container ships and tankers

- better shipping containers

- fishing vessels - commercial and private

- proper, modern fire trucks

- a whole plethora of unmodeled military vehicles

- infrastructures like power lines and above ground water tanks

- oil pipelines and facilities (we have the derricks)

The sky is the limit - the community can add a whole new level of depth and detail - something that will be needed if helo operations are going to become an attractive alternative to fast movers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Knell,

Sorry a little late with my response there I see.

Here is a link explaining some preparations:

http://lockon.co.uk/index.php?end_pos=545&scr=default&lang=en

Anyway, apart from the scaling also make sure that the orientation of the model is correct.....the latter shouldn't be a problem for you since built the model yourself, but I realised that my submarine model was reverse oriented in the viewports.....so it ended up sailing sideways in lock-on :) .

The Mirages look great Knell! :) .

Cheers,

- JJ.

Alfa could you describe the manipulations you made for getting this ?

I ve tried with my F1 and not succed :(

Sorry , it s work .....

http://modeles.thinking-board.net/viewtopic.php?p=26#26

JJ

Yeah I guess it should be ok, but before I do anything I think I will talk to the people at gunpoint first......just in case :)

Cheers,

- JJ.

heh..I understand exactly what you're saying, but in this case, that site is dedicated for the distribution of models for games as long as they can't be altered after, which it can't once converted for LOMAC, as you said. It looks like you bought the model, so you definitely have full rights to use it. You're completely within the LUA and have nothing to worry about, but if you don't wish to, it's alright then.

It looks like the whole process is quite simple once you have it down the first time, and after this sub, why not take more models from over there, especially plane models, and convert them into LOMAC...just for us to see at least!

Oh my, http://gunpoint-3d.com/images/view/uh60.f.jpg :music_whistling:

JJ

The solution to this is pretty simple:

Package the original witht he .lom, and the converter.

.....and then send it to gunpoint, so that they can see for themselves that the *.lom format is secure you mean?

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

So lemme see if I got this right...

You can't use this to add new flyables unless they replace a flyable (with its corresponding FM/avionics), so the su-33 is still the one-trick-pony for making new carrier aircraft?

Yes.....well for now anyway ;) .

You can use this to add new static stuff and maybe relocate an airbase. But can new terrain be created and the map be expanded??

I doubt it, but I really have no idea :)

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

Well, what I mean is: They want the model to be availabelf or modification right?

Since the LOM is not modifiable, when you create the mod, include the 3d model you converted to LOM with the LOM (in the same zip), and the LOM converter.

That should satisfy their requirement to make sure its editable, unless I misunderstood something?

Edit: I do think I missed something :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I know everyone's passion go get to work on aircraft, but I take it from Chizh that the real effort here should be static objects - right?

Ok, how about:

- auxillary power units

- auxillary lighting units

- aircraft maintenance vans

- a grouping of aircraft maintenance personnel working on an invisible aircraft so it can be placed around a static on the pad

- more port facility structures

- better container ships and tankers

- better shipping containers

- fishing vessels - commercial and private

- proper, modern fire trucks

- a whole plethora of unmodeled military vehicles

- infrastructures like power lines and above ground water tanks

- oil pipelines and facilities (we have the derricks)

The sky is the limit - the community can add a whole new level of depth and detail - something that will be needed if helo operations are going to become an attractive alternative to fast movers.

Cool suggestions there! :) .

Yes thats what I mean - it opens up for a fantastic level of user customization of the Lock-on world :) .

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

LOL.....yeah you most certainly did GG :D .

http://gunpoint-3d.com/license.php?subj=membership.php

As you can see the license agreement prohibits any form of redistribution of a model's 3D geometry.....but then goes on to say a model purchased from them can be used for game purposes under the strict condition that it *CANNOT* be accessed or recompiled by third party users.

The first part would exclude their models from being used for Lock-on mod purposes, while the latter part apparently is an exception to that rule which the *.lom format would seem to qualify for.....i.e. once converted to this, you cannot access the model again.

Hence my hesitation - I think it would be necessary to get clarification on this subject instead of just going ahead and interpreting it in the, for us, most convienent way :D .

Cheers,

- JJ.

Well, what I mean is: They want the model to be availabelf or modification right?

Since the LOM is not modifiable, when you create the mod, include the 3d model you converted to LOM with the LOM (in the same zip), and the LOM converter.

That should satisfy their requirement to make sure its editable, unless I misunderstood something?

Edit: I do think I missed something :D

JJ