CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

lol, out of all the cars, you chose a Beetle? Ah well at least it worked, btw, what does it look like if you blow it up, will it have the remains of a hummer outline since that's the model you replaced?

Too bad we can't shove in some of the models from MS2004 since that's against copyright laws. Especially the payware models. Which reminds to ask this, are we only allowed to replace models, can we add in just a new one for example a 747.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

lol, out of all the cars, you chose a Beetle?
Polizei edition ;)

what does it look like if you blow it up, will it have the remains of a hummer outline since that's the model you replaced?
It looked like a Humvee.

Note that I only replaced hummer.lom. There are two more files for the humvee (one .lom, one .cmd).

wow...

just installed it... seems to work except for the characters in the interface...

If I look at all the readme's it seems like it's possible to make aircraft, vehicles and weapons...

We have modelling guidelines for making these properly... high poly, performance hungry, 30 shader missiles is the last thing that LockOn needs. Quality in textures and efficient mapping is more important than small details in the mesh that no one will ever notice. We should make LockOn more slim and still more beautyful rather than the opposite...

One question that has not been answered yet is if we can make our own models or if we have to replace existing ones ?

Can we add new aircraft, vehicles and weapons by adding them to the meinit.xml ?

What about static objects like bridges, houses or even airports ?

I hope Chizh can explain a little more about it.

Great step...

and probably needed to make flying BS more than endless greens...

Anyone else noticing that none of the flyables, aside from the Su-25t, are based on LOM files outside the collision model? Is the collision model the solid unmoving body of the aircraft or merely a very low poly count approximation of the aircraft shape used to detect a collision and not used in any visual manner.

What I'm saying is will we actually be able to modify anything cool, or will it just be missles/vehicles/certain non-flyables?

Seems to me that w/o a corresponding cmd file moveable wing surfaces over new models will not be possible.

I'm D/Ling 3Ds Max right now, once its done I'll join the tester crowd.

Dont blow up our computers .................Please

A good chance to request a easy way to turn on and off mods in LOMAC . For Example Ghost Recon 1 method. Activate and disable. Simple.

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/

• ED Team

One question that has not been answered yet is if we can make our own models or if we have to replace existing ones ?

Replace only.

Can we add new aircraft, vehicles and weapons by adding them to the meinit.xml ?

Not so easy. The description of operation factors for each unit contained in code.

Yes.

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

btw, are we allowed to use some of the freeware models from ms2004 and import it into lock on

like some of the ones found here

http://www.surclaro.com/downloads.html

Well you can modify anything you want, almost everyone with M$FS has something installed that they have modified themselves, even some payware add-ons but what you cant do is put them up for download or encourage others to do the same. There are a few things that payware addon makers will over look, like giving instructions on how to use a cockpit on a another aircraft etc but not much more than that. As for free addons; well the same rule applies but what you can do is email the designer and ask for permission to do what ever it is you want and he/she may grant you permission. Just remember to always include, in the readme, info regarding the original designer.

Dont blow up our computers .................Please

A good chance to request a easy way to turn on and off mods in LOMAC . For Example Ghost Recon 1 method. Activate and disable. Simple.

Ah yes Ghost Recon, had the best and most logical way of using Mods in a game that I’ve ever seen. Instead of dividing the community it actually brought them closer together. When I stopped playing GR I think there were two major weapons mods that you had to have to play online and the one I had was called the GRM4 (something like that) which gave you an extra 200 guns, awesome mod and very well represented online.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

wow...

Well yes and no :)

You cannot add new entries of active units, because, as Chizh said, the "behaviour" of these is hardcoded in the .exe. However, with some modding work, you can replace one existing unit type with another - e.g. one aircraft type with another, but with varying levels of accuracy since the FM coded for it cannot be altered.....so the more similar the replacement type is to the existing one the better.

Again not as active units unless they replace existing ones, but you can add entirely new static objects since these aren't defined in the code.

See above :) . New static objects entries can be added - which in combination with Swingkid's scene editor utility makes for some exiting possibilities :) . Airfields is a seperate matter though, because these are to be considered active entries with code for airtraffic, taxiing etc assigned for them - so in theory you could build an entire airfield and place it on the map, but unless it replaces an existing one(and has the exact runway/taxiway configuration of this) it won't work as an actual airfield.

Swingkid has managed to displace existing airfields to new locations while retaining their full functionality(check Merzifon mod), but this involves something more than just moving the shapes of airfield buildings from one place on the map to another.

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

Great move knellknell! :)

One thing is to make a new model and convert it to .lom format, but another is to get it to appear and work properly in the game......as I found out :D .

Cheers,

- JJ.

It is a revolution !!!!!!

So i decide to make a special forum to discuss about all spect of this integrations, and let everybody share tricks and tips.

I think that it will help a lot people who to start in this way

So meet you there : http://modeles.thinking-board.net/index.php

(it s an temporary place )

JJ

Static objects? how about puting Sky scrapers in there? it would be cool to see a metroplex with some realy tall buildings. we could fill empty spots of the map with these.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

OhmyGod!!!!!!

This is a dream come true! This is what LOMAC's been missing, the ability to mod to a far greater extent. Now that we have these tools, I hope everyone realizes the possibilities! You can import models in for your own use, new buildings, airports, vehicles, plane models, I mean this is it!

Just wondering how this will work though. Will we be allowed to create a model for, and fully distribute it to everyone. So say StrikeMax's Su-27 model, when completed, can we make it a LOMAN file and simply install it like that, replacing the needed files and such.

SU-30MKI

simvavatarhornetqg8.jpg

F/A-18F

...Beauty, grace, lethality.

ROFL....

Ok I found out what went wrong. Basically my added submarine was app. 7 kilometers long in Lock-on :blink:......I did wonder how it could cast such a large shadow on the sea :D .

So I rezized it to what I thought would be around the right size for Lock-on, but.....

akula.jpg

.....it's still "slightly" too big :D .

Cheers,

- JJ.

I just converted a submarine model to lom format and although it was loaded by the sim, when swapped with one of the current submarine models, it turned up floating somewhere in space detatched from the place on the sea where its cavitation/wake appeared......I obviously overlooked a minor required adjustment there :D .

Maybe I should try with something simpler :)

JJ