I'm thinking of building a cockpit.

Capn kamikaze

I already have the TM Warthog, and saitek pedals.

What I want to do is get a pair of the TM mfds, and I was wondering if there is a way to use a couple of ipads or galaxy tabs, and export just the a section of the screen to them, mainly either MFD's and/or the TEWS, depending on what I'm flying, basically I want to simulate how the MFDs actually work.

Any advice about how to do this would be appreciated.

I did see a thread about that, from what I saw it seems like it cost as much as a module for DCS, if it works exactly as I want it to I may go for it, but I'd want to use it on two tablets, one for each MFD, so I'll probably have to buy twice, which puts it around the £60 mark.

I'll give it a go later and see if it does what I want, thanks.

I've been trying for ages to get that working, it seems to not want to play, I can't get a connection between it and my PC.

Do you know if anyone on here is involved in that, it is exactly what I need, but before I buy it (and a couple of tablets to use) I need to make sure it works.

If you are thinking of building a cockpit bro, you are away on the wrong tack here. When you say building a cockpit, can you expand.?

I, like some others are building full size cockpits so that statement about "a cockpit" is null atm. Most of the guages can be exported onto a second screen using Gadroc's programme. Why spend 60+ uk on 2 tablets when you could grab a 23/24/27 inch monitor from ebuyer for under 100 Uk. Not being critical, just thinking about the future when the cockpit building bug gets you. Technically the tablets will be defunct. I'm not an expert in cockpit building, in fact far from it, but...... been there, done that, got the T-shirt m8.

Windows 7 64 Home Premium, i5 3570K (3.4 @ 4.4GHz), Asus P8Z77-V LX, 16GB dual channel 1600 ram, EVGA Nvidia GTX980ti, 240 GB OCZ SSD, 3 TB Raptor, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas and Throttle, Saitek Pro Combat Rudder pedals.

Agree with Weeb, what room have you got, you can even get Helios and 2 X mfd's on a $10 15inch monitor, I started with that until I got the bug.

You just need enough room below your monitor but I stood mine on bricks for a bit and also lowered the bottom monitor, you can't have your top monitor higher then your head, it messes up the vision. If duplication of a cockpit layout isn't important just put it next to your main monitor, no need to be below.

Also, no point in getting tablets if you are getting MFDs as the tablet is touch screen so he export program has the mfd modelled already.

I would save your money and go 2 monitor and head track.

Here is my first, 15" monitor (May hav been 17) 2 X mfd and a very early Helios, plus UFC made from A mini keyboard. Those minors a giveaway on eBay, no one wants them, prolly even get them for a quid at a scrap yard:

picture.php?albumid=943&pictureid=6519

There are also so many profiles for Helios, look up capn zeen, if TEWS is F-15 a second monitor is the way to go, all sorts of donation ware out there like unltra MFDc and one which exports the F-15 system

Edited by Mr_Burns