Campaign complete

I played the last mission.

In general, the campaign was fun, but i think something like this should have shipped with the module. And for a payware Campaign, I would have expected a little bit more.

The end was nothing spectacular, but it was kind of sad to see, that the protagonist won't be allowed to pilot an aircraft anymore. Maybe it would have turned out to be diffrent, if I had not shot down the Yak-40.

Everything worked the way it had to work, voice overs etc. were nice and I sure do not regret buying it.

But imo nothing special and not as good as the excellent SU-27 payware campaign

I also would have liked to do a bit more dogfighting.

I failed to complete the race mission (I think the 4th iirc)

I brake the engine if I try to stay close to other pilot otherwise I finish in second place at more than 200 yards

I'm flying since 1988 (Flight Simulator 3.0) :pilotfly:

I broke the engine on my first try too.

So the second time I was more careful and I was also really lacking behind.

But then the rival made some kind of mistake, because suddenly I could not see him any longer and he was far behind me. Maybe I was just lucky:)

I failed to complete the race mission (I think the 4th iirc)

I brake the engine if I try to stay close to other pilot otherwise I finish in second place at more than 200 yards

giei, at least for me, I just set max continuous power (47 in hg manifold pressure, 2700 rpm) and kept the ball centered and flew as smoothly as possible. The opponent eventually settled in at about a mile behind for most of the race.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

29 October 2009

CGNR-1705 / USMC Cobra

Semper Memoria, Semper Vigilens

• 4 weeks later...

It's quite nice to have a campaign for the Mustang. I didn't find it particularly short, even if I'd like more, of course ;) Perhaps too easy.

What could be improved is the confusion at the beginning, the objectives are unclear. Like for example which targets have to be shot in the target range, must we shot the red ones because it's the color of the flag, or the blue ones because it's shooting at targets under the enemy's colours? It should have been simply stated in the objectives or the story, here the user has to guess, wait for the opponent to start, or re-start the mission once it's clear.

The triggers could be improved too, I had to retry the first mission a few times because somehow it didn't register the first touch-and-go, or the pass over the first marker. Same with the low pass frenzy in the city, you are told to turn 180° before a bridge to begin, but you actually have to go further or it does not trigger properly and after nothing happens, you do the low-pass but you only discover after finishing it all that it was for nothing.

The night missions and missions that force the player to face sunlight for a while are very painful for the eyes, I'm sure this could be easily prevented.

The missions are varied, the waypoints in the mountain, the engine break-down, the race are a welcome change to the traditional target shooting that we find in most missions (I know, it's a military simulator. Yet, it's refreshing). The little background story and voices are well done, overall it's quite enjoyable despite the quirks :)

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

• 1 month later...

Well, that's what we said above :p

It's nice and has the merit to provide a true compaign, if little and easy. Apparently no support though, so you'll have to live with the little problems mentioned before. Not a deal breaker at this price :)

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

• ED Team
Well, that's what we said above :p

It's nice and has the merit to provide a true compaign, if little and easy. Apparently no support though, so you'll have to live with the little problems mentioned before. Not a deal breaker at this price :)

Dear Redglyph,

Sorry, we have missed Your post about glitches, but are happy to see, You completed all tasks.

Anyhow noticed bugs will be checked and patched.

Thanks for taking part!

Campaign dev team.

Best Regards, Dmitry.

"Чтобы дойти до цели, надо прежде всего идти." © О. Бальзак

Not a problem, really, they're minor and the missions are enjoyable!

Seeing no reply to the users' questions in this forum, I just thought it was another product pushed and forgot from its author. Since I had ignored problems with another product (from a company I will not name), I suppose I developed a sort of allergy ;)

How is this campaign for you guys ? I planned to buy it and fly it with the 109. Do you think it's worth ?

By the way, do you mean you'd edit the missions to replace the P-51 with the Bf-109? Not sure it's allowed, but even if it were, you would have to edit each mission, and since (I think) you wouldn't be able to save them, you'd have to play them individually then the modification would be lost.

• 9 months later...
I played the last mission.

There is another end!

The end was nothing spectacular, but it was kind of sad to see, that the protagonist won't be allowed to pilot an aircraft anymore. Maybe it would have turned out to be diffrent, if I had not shot down the Yak-40.

Try to shoot just until the Yak's pilots down the landing gear. They will turn back and land at Vazziani. The reward will be slightly better :smilewink: