DCS: SA342 Gazelle Complete English Cockpit Mod

I'll check the Minigun thing. I have no idea what we're talking about, right now. :D

See you.

There's just a new flavour of the gazelle, with a instruments pannel slightly different which means it doesn´t share the cockpit with the others.

I'm also a great fan of your work in DCS, and I'm also waiting your mod for this new Minigun version of the Gazelle!

• 4 weeks later...

Update v1.4.0

DOWNLOAD: DCS: SA342 Gazelle Complete English Cockpit Mod v1.4 (06/2018)

KNOWN BUG: Alpha texture problem on roof part in some light conditions.

+-----------+

| CHANGELOG |

+-----------+

v1.4.0 - Added "Minigun" model's cockpit textures. Fixed "M" model's texture problems and fixed some issues (06.15.2018).

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

You're very welcome my friends. :)

Have fun!

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5

You' re welcome guys.

Have gun. <- Ahaha! Typo. Have fun. :D

Thx a lot Devrim.....you really gotta wonder, where the hell is the official version? Its quite hard to understand why community gems like you have to keep fixing and polishing what was promised by the developers who got paid a long time ago!

Btw; did Polychop just cancel the engish cockpit, was that really ever promised to be officially implemented? I have searched a bit but can't find the official statement. Can anyone point to where Polychop said anything about the english cockpit?

Edited by sc_neo

Hi Neo. Thanks for your words.

Clearly I'm not forced to do that (or other EN cockpits). This is just my ... mmm ... hobby. :D I love to do that. It's OK.

I don't think Polychop cancelled the EN cockpit. If you go to 1st post of this thread and click on the arrow in red square, you'll see Roie's enhancement text. EN cockpit line is still there.

Thank you. :)

I see, so this list reads more like not promised but a big maybe. Anyway, i posed that question there again, lets see what borchi_2b says.

EDIT: the devs confirmed; no official english cockpit in the works or planned since they modeled the french version. So i guess its all on your shoulders Devrim :)

Edited by sc_neo

• 2 months later...

I just downloaded your MOD for the English cockpit (thank you very much for it and the others you do). I'm getting missing textures for all the Gazelle's except for the L model which is correct. Would I need to just copy the files from the L cockpit into the others or is there something I'm missing?

I did read in this post about the issues and then you came out with v1.4 I'm using v1.4 right now but still have the texture issue. Again thanks for your help.

Hi. Let me check the mod and updates for Gazelle.

Will be back. :)

Great let me know what you find out. Side note I did copy the files from the L model into the M model and the missing textures went away. I did copy the cockpits from the other models before doing this so I can revert back at anytime. This seems to work but I don't know if the other models have any extra / different gear or not.

Hi mate.

I've just checked the mod and seen that all versions are working properly.

Now I'm thinking that you may be doing something wrong at installation steps.

Did you run bat file?

Hi i have installed manually with OVGME and the L version is the only one complete, i also tried the bat install and it says missing files during the install.

Managed to get it to work, i deselected the OVGME then ran the bat, repaired DCS and the reselected in OVGME. Thanks for the MOD really appreciated.

Edited by spike2450

I don't think I get your way exactly but, you should use OvGME, after ran the bat file.

• 2 weeks later...

Update v1.5

CHANGELOG:

v1.5

• Reviewed a few words.
  • Fixed the issue on the roof texture.
  • Batch file (used for installation) removed. Now all models' files are separated and ready in the package. Because the "upload file size" is more than 150Mb (max. 300 Mb.) now.

Hi Devrim,

thank you very much for your phantastic work! I really appreciate the English cockpits, not only for the Gazelle but also for the other modules you provide!

If you don't mind, I have two points I'd like to make:

1: Maybe it is known already: the Gazelle cockpits also work from the saved games folder as you provide the description.lua for the cockpits - just did that so I don't have to disable them for updates, so Thanks again!

2: regarding the size of this mod:

a) I have copied all files to the Cockpit_SA342M/English folder and deleted all *.dds files in the L, Minigun, and Mistral folders.

b) in those folders (for L, Minigun, and Mistral) I modified the description.lua to look for the *.dds files in the M folder by adding to each appropriate line '../../Cockpit_SA342M/English/'

I have attached the description.lua for the L-Version as an example.

This way, you only need one set of *.dds files in the M folder, this makes the mod smaller. However, should the M folder get deleted, all four English cockpits won't work.

Maybe this helps to keep the mod smaller - Thanks again!

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

Excellent work, thank you very much :thumbup:
You're welcome mate. Have fun. :)

...2: regarding the size of this mod:

a) I have copied all files to the Cockpit_SA342M/English folder and deleted all *.dds files in the L, Minigun, and Mistral folders.

b) in those folders (for L, Minigun, and Mistral) I modified the description.lua to look for the *.dds files in the M folder by adding to each appropriate line '../../Cockpit_SA342M/English/'...

Oh! My friend! You're a true savior! I knew it actually, but it seems that I tried backslash (\) why I don't know, and I think it didn't work, so I gave up (while packaging MiG's EN cockpit).

I thank you for this. I'll apply this on the mod immediately and, thanks for your time and energy. :)

...1: Maybe it is known already: the Gazelle cockpits also work from the saved games folder as you provide the description.lua for the cockpits - just did that so I don't have to disable them for updates, so Thanks again!...
Yes, you're right about that but you know, there're additional files for Nadir and TV translation. I keep those files and DDS together. Of course you (or player) can install DDS files in Saved Games. I can note that in Read Me file.

Thank you again mate.

Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...

S! Devrim. I use both Gray dashboard and English cockpit. It seems English labels covers french one. Is that normal behaviour? The cockpit looks kind of unreadable for me. I use JGSME.

Thanks in advance.

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...