Caucasus Texture DLC by Starway - Donation page is online

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done!!

One question, why the direct download is the 2.4 version but the torrent download is the 2.5 version? Is there any difference between the two download links?

Direct download says 2.4, but when downloaded and opened the folder inside says 2.5

Guess it is hard to keep the version numbers current, given the speed with the releases.

Thanks for all the hard work, not concerned with version numbers but it did lead to confusion when a friend said to get 2.5 :)

Intel i7-3770K,Windows 10 64,Noctua NH-U12S ,ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ,G.Skill 32GB DDR3 2400,EVGA GTX 1080,ADATA XPG900x2 RAID 0, CM HAF XB Case,Thrustmaster Warthog,Combat Rudder Pedals,Logitech G930 with wireless TrackIR 5, 39" Insignia LED 120Hz Monitor, Oculus Rift

2.4 fails the Integrity Check with the 1.54 Public update.

Had to copy the original shadows.lua into the Texture DLC to pass the IC.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

These new integrity checks are not going to work with updating the mod every other week.:doh:

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

2.4 fails the Integrity Check with the 1.54 Public update.

Had to copy the original shadows.lua into the Texture DLC to pass the IC.

Didn't help me, I still get the IC red shield...:helpsmilie:

Update : this solution works.

The new patch sure messed up few things...

Edited by Mowgli

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i5 4690K | ASUS Z-97PRO Gaming Mobo | Nvidia Gigabyte GTX970 3.5/0.5 GB Windforce3 | G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD | Win10 Pro | Antec 750w 80 Bronze Modular

Can someone walk me through how to get this to work with 1.5.4 "stable"? Thanks

1. You put the Starways mod into your JSGME mods folder.
  2. Then you go into the '-\DCS World\Config\Effects' folder and copy the original 'shadows.lua' file from there.
  3. Then you go to the corresponding '-\Config\Effects' folder in the Starways mod folder.
  4. Paste 'shadows.lua' into this folder and choose "Overwrite".
  5. Activate the Starways mod in JSGME.

• Like 1

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

Sporg helping Sport... my brain might explode here

thanks!!

You're welcome. :)

Didn't even notice the names thing, lol. :)

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

pls can someone once again explain how to get rid of the Integrity check with Starway terrain running ? I have starway original plus update 1.1 installed..

fails on MP !! Such stupid things ruin DCS imo... I understand its against cheating and thats good, but how on earth can integrity check prevent us from using terrain mods where ED initially planned to officially announce/ release it ?

pls someone send me the orignal shadows.lua and tell me how to insert into the game dir to pass integrity check...very annoying issue...

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2834884&postcount=1130

you can replace the shadows.lua file in the mod with the original (disable the mod and take the original file from \Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\Effects ) , or delete Starway's shadows.lua file from the mod (and the original will take over automatically in the game)

It then passes IC.

Good luck!

Edited by ron533

Callsign   SETUP

here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2834884&postcount=1130

you can replace the shadows.lua file in the modwith the original , or delete Starway's shadows.lua file from the mod (and the original will take over automatically in the game)

It then passes IC.

Good luck!

thx so much for your immediate help/ response... :thumbup:

it works all fine now...

Edited by JABO2009

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

I beg your pardon, but is it possible that we can have Elbrus with snowcap back in seasons beside winter???

I am sorry but it is not possible to retouch/edit individual spots on the map at this time. But you can use one of the previous released of this DLC. They still have snowcaps.

Best,

Starway

System: Intel Core i5 3570K | GTX 980 OC | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | 500 GB SSD

Starway - just downloaded and also donated - nice work.

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

Sorry if it was answered already, but I'm curious if the suggested shadows.lua fix is legit or we're losing something from the mod by using the original file?

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!