Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 7

gregzagk

I assume the server crashes in the last few hours were because of the extra load of everyone wanting to pile in and make a final push/last stand.

Also to evetyone complaining about (other peoples) lag - you never see yourself lag. Ive lost count of the number of times ive seen planes disappear and reappear suddenly on my six. It is a universal phenomena for all. Even AI. Even though I dont see it, im sure ive lagged for other players as well.

Just take it for what it is. Its alot of fun, especially the first 2 hours of the mission.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, guys.

I would like to say a big gratitude to developers of BlueFlag operation.

I understand how much effort and your time it takes to make this work.

A lot of the basic bags of the ED that you had to fix it.

This is a great work.

I really hope that ED will pay attention to it and will make it possible to online game became more good&stable. It is very important, imho, for existence in the modern games world.

Thank You for the wonderful opportunity to spend my time with my friends.

In my opinion, OPeration Blue Flag is the most important online event of recent times.

Thank to BLUE Team for a strong and competent opposition. Respect.

And of course, thanks to my friends from the RED Team, that we were shoulder to shoulder passed all the difficulties of this campaign.

Thank you very much to all, guys.

See you on next time.

Спасибо, мужики!

Не проходите мимо разрабы из ED.

А лучше сами попробуйте BlueFlag и поддержите ребят технологически. Ведь если не они, то кто? Пройдёт запал и интерес угаснет. Это не в Ваших интересах.

Всем спасибо ещё раз.

Edited by =KAG=Zakhar

i7_2600K/GA_Z68/16Gb/nV780GTX3Gb/SSD/Win10_64Bit/TM Warhtog/CH Pedals/TrackIR_4Pro/27" 1920x1080

FC3; SU-27S; F-15C; SU-25; KA-50; A-10C; CA; UH-1H; Mi-8MTV2; MiG-15bis; F-86F; P-51D; Fw190D-9; Bf109K-4; Spitfire LF Mk.IX; MiG-21bis; L-39C; Mirage 2000C

PS. the following video is nothing to do with the player. is about what all blue players had all the time to fight with.

It has nothing to do with Blue or Red side, it's just about the server. I could give send you literally hours of such videos from the RED side with constant teleports from both GCI and 1st person view. At some points (52 players and 2+ hours of play time) server was so unstable that the only way to shot someone was to gun him.

The only solution I see is to decrease number of players on the server to like 36-40.

Just I see that some things doesn't change so I was thinking of that all the time about my decision NOT fly again in BlueFlag.

By monitoring previous flaming comments (not only in this forum) and by your recent youtube descriptions about the event & server, we will help you on that. We are not willing to tolerate with such behavior. We don't owe you anything.

As said before, everyone can try to host their own events and if they don't like the way Buddyspike events work, they can just not join anymore.

Of course we are more than welcome to constructive feedback. Most, if not all of our changes are based on the forum & teamspeak discussions.

Thank you for your participation so far.

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

By monitoring previous flaming comments (not only in this forum) and by your recent youtube descriptions about the event & server, we will help you on that. We are not willing to tolerate with such behavior. We don't owe you anything.

As said before, everyone can try to host their own events and if they don't like the way Buddyspike events work, they can just not join anymore.

Of course we are more than welcome to constructive feedback. Most, if not all of our changes are based on the forum & teamspeak discussions.

Greg

Don't listen to the naysayers. You guys do what you can with the tools ED gave you, hopefully dedicated servers aren't too far out.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Greg

He's lying, he enjoys being the "controller" too much, his situalness awareness I find lacking for CAP flights, as he just point us in head positions, and gives us their alltitude while they are carving valleys in the mountains, also all the f15 pilots for the most part are to timid and never stopped complaining about how "crap" the eagle is without the amramm, I really enjoyed myself. And then when engaged in a fight, I'm told to please not talk over comms LOL.

• Like 1

Blue Flag remains a visionary multiplayer event.

The fact that some players might not live up to it's ideals, or the games engine or bugs do not live up to Blue Flag's vision, is a shame, but shouldnt be a detractor for the effort those many people put into giving it to us to play with.

Thanks to the team (too many people to mention) for another great round, the product is awesome, and your patience with the player base is inspiring.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Even if free time is limited for the next days (we sent Ciribob on vacations too :D), we will try to bring something new in and not the 8th round. If this fails, I think we will move on in an 8th round in order not to keep the server down for too long.

We should know in the following days.

Stay tuned.

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Greg

ok constructive Feedback,

1)

swing the banhammer harder. Nothing sucks the fun out of something harder than seeing people using exploids and Hacks and nothing is done about it.

And of course people get enraged and post flaming coments, so root out the source instead of the guys who vent thier anger

2)

Password for the Server, hidden at the last Page of the PDF-Document, or even better, only available if you are one TS.

Because Comunication is key and people bombing own airfields are not fun.

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

1)

swing the banhammer harder. Nothing sucks the fun out of something harder than seeing people using exploids and Hacks and nothing is done about it.

And of course people get enraged and post flaming coments, so root out the source instead of the guys who vent thier anger

2)

Password for the Server, hidden at the last Page of the PDF-Document, or even better, only available if you are one TS.

Because Comunication is key and people bombing own airfields are not fun.

1. How are you supposed to prove someone is hacking or exploiting 100%?

2. No matter where you put it people will get it, I don't see how hiding it will do any good.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

PS. the following video is nothing to do with the player. is about what all blue players had all the time to fight with.

So funny.You think you're the only one? All of lag, I have to fly and shoot at F15, especially at rush hour, F15 and proposes missile disappears.

Thank you all for a great war. Thanks to developers.

• Like 1

I5 9600K 4.8(soft oc),GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO,PALIT GameRock 2080 Super,ADATA 8200SX PRO 512GB,32GB Kingston Predator (Dual Rank) 3466 MHZ(14 17 17 36),БП Super Flower Leadex II Gold 750W

1. How are you supposed to prove someone is hacking or exploiting 100%?

2. No matter where you put it people will get it, I don't see how hiding it will do any good.

I agree with you. The easy-ban proved to be unreliable, as there are many bugs and a good pilot can be accused of cheating (happened on both sides!). Real cheaters are actually pretty stupid and evident, in the past it's been very easy to find them (people dropping nukes, using banned weapons, etc.).

It's buddyspike decision to make it open, how many players in both sides joined thanks to this? I personally play since round 1, but I think it's nice to have new people joining even if a small part screw up and don't understand how the thing works the first times they join. Some of them just quit because they don't get it and get bored, some get interested and start giving their contibution to the gameplay.

That's why agree with the admins policy 100% :thumbup:

P.S. Hey Kvasok! say Спасибо to all your Russian buddies from me and all the english-speaking pilots, you guys are awesome! See ya in next round!

Edited by roccoo

I agree with you. The easy-ban proved to be unreliable, as there are many bugs and a good pilot can be accused of cheating (happened on both sides!). Real cheaters are actually pretty stupid and evident, in the past it's been very easy to find them (people dropping nukes, using banned weapons, etc.).

It's buddyspike decision to make it open, how many players in both sides joined thanks to this? I personally play since round 1, but I think it's nice to have new people joining even if a small part screw up and don't understand how the thing works the first times they join. Some of them just quit because they don't get it and get bored, some get interested and start giving their contibution to the gameplay.

That's why agree with the admins policy 100% :thumbup:

P.S. Hey Kvasok! say Спасибо to all your Russian buddies from me and all the english-speaking pilots, you guys are awesome! See ya in next round!

Hey rocco and you thanks!and thank you for helping=)

But in the next round will not see. because after university going to home on holidays!

Once again thank you all!!!

I5 9600K 4.8(soft oc),GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO,PALIT GameRock 2080 Super,ADATA 8200SX PRO 512GB,32GB Kingston Predator (Dual Rank) 3466 MHZ(14 17 17 36),БП Super Flower Leadex II Gold 750W

1)

Everyone lags in the last hour, even you, so you're suggesting they ban everyone based on that?

I'm sure pretty much everyone has had issues with opponents lagging after missile launches, just stop and think why does it mostly happen at the launch, not because they press a lag switch but because more data is getting processed when missiles are in the air computing intercepts.

Nothing worse than people that have no clue what they are seeing so call hacks and escalate the furore and name calling, this is the biggest problem.

Blue Flag is renown for this server instability, it is not the Buddy Spike teams fault it is down to DCS not being able to handle it. There is no other server running in the history of DCS 1.5 that has such huge mission load combined with a huge player count, this in turn increases the chances of lag and player desync exponentially.

The only option is to reduce server load but this would take away a lot from what is the best thing in DCS at the moment. Yes it is frustrating but in regards to participating in such a heavy loaded server we live by the sword and die by it, the fact is the highs far outweigh the lows so lets just keep giving the BS team our full support on the great job they're doing improving this wonderful event.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Special thanks to my favourite GCI roccoo:)

Thank you Rage, 51st squadron rules! :notworthy:

And let's not forget that much of the credit for victory goes to our HEROIC helo pilots, working hard with bombs, missiles and guns all over their heads for hours :thumbup:

I understand that the lag is frustrating but blaming the opposite team does nothing but create unnecessary friction between the sides. We are adversaries, not personal enemies.

Weedwacker I'm not sure I agree; the Eagle is certainly less formidable without the AMRAAM but I wouldn't say it's crap, and I think the statistics will show that when they're released.

I'm a strong advocate for a server password. Sure the password will percolate beyond the dedicated regulars, but it would go a long way towards stopping random players on the multiplayer menu who see a well populated server and want to join, without having any idea of the context of the server, the consequences of their actions, or indeed how to fly (or even turn on) their aircraft on a few occasions. I want this to be an open event, I want new pilots to take part and enjoy the campaign, but at the same time having people take valuable slots with no idea what's going on is a great hindrance. I can certainly attest to this, and I imagine Red guys have come across this problem too. Having players read a briefing on the forums in order to access the password would benefit the environment of the server a great deal, both by weeding out the lazy, and educating those without prior experience.

I dunno, warping apart from people teleporting from ramp to 50000ft is something which is just DCS fault I fear.

You can pretty much argue that Warthunders only brilliance is their multiplayer backend. Server simulates and only server results are trusted, client side only extrapolates and if the server regards the client update on player position as impossible it just discards it. But whatevar, we can only wait for better multiplayer networking implementation by ED.

Dunno about the situation on redfor side but bluefor really has a problem with people not on comms. its not that rare that 40% of blue team arent on TS. There were often moments where we outnumbered red, had 12 f15s on server and literally 5 of them were reachable on TS, the rest was just doing random things and hopefully not shooting down our own guys.

But I dont think hidden server password can solve that. That is something you have to solve in player brains. Even if you cant talk or are to shy to talk, that is fine, just connect on TS write a message that you will not talk and listen. There is nothing more annoying when people ask in chat "where are the enemies" or "sorry mirage has no IFF". x)))

Apart from that, well, the people who did the GCI and flying at the same time thing should be just banned forevar. The stuff with loads of SU27s randomly taking off and landing in matter of seconds then takeoff something like 4 minutes later, I guess gear spare parts did run out at the end of Round 7. Its not a huge exploit, but its still annoying that people are doing it and not even deny it when they get pointed out in all chat.

So my construcitive feedbak: Repair le airfield state mechanism. Sometimes we dropped repair crates and nothing happend, no fuel, nor repairs for the airfield. Also the Airfield beeing closed after restart with having 20% before the 10 minute warning is soooo annoying and just obviously bugged. And it happend to both sides on round 6 and 7.

Varying unit compositions for FARPs and Airfields would be nice.

Also giving life backs after server crash would be great. If not realisable with to much effort just +1 life everyone after restart. Less harm is done with having one life to much then one life taken by crash.

One change I would like to see implemented is changes to the helicopter cargo system.

Actual differences in carrying capability should lead to different amount of troops/cargo.

For example the gazelle 342m sling loading a 540kg crate is really a stretch of capability, while a mi8 carrying 5 soldiers is a stretch of capability in the other direction. :D

Meanwhile my beloved KA50 has operable sling load equipment and is actually cleared for 3 tons of cargo and has no option to carry crates at all.

So i would like to see more realistic options there.

As well closed airfields should not repair on any side imho. Its a little bit weird if you kill everything and magically new units appear. If its closed and nobody captures it again, I would love to see airfields staying closed.

I really had fun int he last two rounds, the main annoyance really were Airfields beeing closed for no apparent reason on server restart. So see you on the next round ! :)

P.S.: Sorry for getting shot on takeoff on Sochi by stingers ;P.

P.P.S.: My full respect to the Mig21bis which shot down a f15c with an R3R. Our F15 even got warned by GCI. ;D

P.P.P.S: Recommendation to both sides: simply play X files theme on channel everytime someone gets accused of hacks or exploits. ;D

Edited by microvax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Special thanks to my favourite GCI roccoo:)

+1

We've had some great GCIs but Rocco has been ever present and grown into the role of taking command, well done mate you've been a definite force multiplier.

Personally i'm at a loss now it's finished again, getting some positive use out of the Mi-8 and Huey as well as re-finding the Su25T and Ka50 has been awesome over the rounds, I need to get back up to speed with the A-10C next. Thanks a million Buddy Spike you make DCS full value. :thumbup:

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Have you guys ever looked at our teamspeak? :lol:

We always lack people on comms. The problem equally affects both sides, just like lag (maybe more on our side with aim120s vs 27er, but there's a thread for that), server crashes and airfield repairs. Unfortunately every time that some bug get fixed, an update comes up, often screwing up all the work that Buddyspike guys did :doh:. Airfield repair is a perfect example of that.

P.s. Here's a video of one of our guys shooting down f-15s with mig 21 :D

[ame=

]
[/ame]
Edited by roccoo

Yes I looked a few times over to red side to check how much you suffer from the problem and in case you dont have random people not on dcs in your channels mostly you had a higher percentage of players on TS then we. :D At least from the few times i checked. :)

I was sitting in a gazelle hovering in a ditch waiting for CAP to clear the area, unfortunately that never happend. Tried to move in for beslan, pesky IRST su27 found me going sub 200kph 5 meters off the ground. 7km before I could call in cheap easy to replace b1b. )))

And dont annoy me with rotor reflections, KA50 and Gazelle rotors are composite aka stealth. :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Yes I looked a few times over to red side to check how much you suffer from the problem and in case you dont have random people not on dcs in your channels mostly you had a higher percentage of players on TS then we. :D At least from the few times i checked. :)

I was sitting in a gazelle hovering in a ditch waiting for CAP to clear the area, unfortunately that never happend. Tried to move in for beslan, pesky IRST su27 found me going sub 200kph 5 meters off the ground. 7km before I could call in cheap easy to replace b1b. )))

And dont annoy me with rotor reflections, KA50 and Gazelle rotors are composite aka stealth. :P

Those gazelles and ka-50s are a nightmare! You got to be very lucky (and skilled) to have a good lock especially in EO, they disappear after a few instants and never reappear. Beslan is a very busy and flat area so it's easier to spot, but in the farps it can take ages to find them: usually it's the chopper's job.

Oh, and you sir are a really sneaky helo pilot, hat down! I really admired you, Nero, Monkey and other blue helos efforts and captures often under our nose ;)

Just to show that everybody has the same issue (obviously taken at the same time):

Untitle1d.pngUntitled.png

Edited by roccoo

I have an urge to say my 2 cents:

1. I am one of people being angry AT EXPLOITERS, not at the team that gave us Blue Flag, BUT you need to have measure and reason even when angry!!!

2. The whole thing about "cheaters" is rooted in behaviour of ONE SPECIFIC player in RedFor. I am not going to explain it, because that would be bad mouthing the guy. I am just saying he's highly suspicious and that he is sole reason for this "cheaters alert outbreak". THERE IS NO ARMY OF CHEATERS ON BLUE FLAG, only few individuals at most who exploit the not-yet-good sides of DCS. So no need for flame. And no need to act as if RedFor has 20 exploiters, while Blue are honest and pure.

3. In every game there are exploiters and cheaters. I am not going to let that diminish the effort of people who created Blue Flag, or my personal enjoyment. Yes, I was angry and wrote a flaming message to XCom on one or two occasions about some guy being a too obvious in his exploiting, but that's it. I chilled and continued doing my stuff, realised that there is no need for that. Just went on doing my game, my play. So should you. *all

4. Thank you, team behind Blue Flag, and thank you to few individuals on Blue side who made it fun and rewarding to be one of the pilots flying on the server and campaign. See you all in the next event.

P.S. Remember in the old days when people mostly believed that user can't add an airplane, fully created by him/team, to Flaming Cliffs - and the amount of awe when couple of guys added the Mig21? That is the awe the team behind Blue Flag deserves for their innovative way of thinking, for hours of hard work and for breaking the limits - all for our pleasure.

Edited by Pitot

Don't ask, here's the answer: 95% of my posts are edited because I have OCD.