Control bug with instant action missions

desdinova

I booted up DCS after not playing for a year or so and decided to jump back in with the Huey.

I'm experiencing a weird problem when I fly any instant action scenario that starts in mid-flight.

Immediately after clicking fly the helicopter kicks to the right and I lose engine and rotor RPM. Without me making any control inputs. About half the time mast bumping follows immediately and I die. About thirty percent of the time this kills the engine but I'm able to enter autorotation. About twenty percent of the time I can recover.

This never happened before updating DCS to the most recent version. I don't remember what version I was on before.

I have a similar problem with the "Ground attack-easy" mission (haven't tried the other one).

It is very difficult to gain control of the Huey when the game starts in-flight in the Release & Beta version.

It is Possible to avoid crashing if you apply right rudder and set the collective to about 60 to 70% before clicking on Fly. Whatever you do, make sure that you move the collective (throttle control in my case) immediately after pressing fly, otherwise the sim treats it as if it were set at zero, and you will plummet.