F86 contrail remains after engine shutdown

P3CFE

I thought this bug was in the general programming of engines being on or off.

But now it seems to be programmed for every module in DCS separate and so it can be different for every module.

The fact remains that for de F86 Sabre, the contrail remains after engine shutdown.

Is there somebody who can tell if this bug is on the list of being corrected in the future ?

John

Contrails are formed by the water that is formed in the combustion proces of fuel.

When the Air /fuel mixture leaves the engine it expands and cools down, and if the cool down is great enough (High altitudes), the water wil condensate as small droplets.

The small sooth particles that are also formed by combustion, makes the condensation form even more densely because the water droplets are clinging around them.

At those high altitudes the outside air temp can be as low as Minus 55 Celsius, this freezes the water droplets to small white ice particles, an gives the high contrast white trails that will slowly dissipate.

The contrails (Condensation trails) you see high in the air behind airplanes, are behind the engines only and are not generated by aerodynamic effects of the structure or wing.

The vapor appearing behind propellers or on wings is only temporary, it appears when the air pressure is lowered and expands, But because the air is going back to its previous pressure as soon as the structure is passed and because there is no water added like in the combustion proces and no real cooling down, te vapor wil dissolve again in the air mass.

Hope this clarifies it somewhat,

Edited by P3CFE

Belsimtek devs don't reply in Eng section of the forum very often I'm afraid. It's an obvious bug, but who knows where it is on their priority list (not very high I presume, as there aren't many DCS players flying with engine off anyway :D)

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.