Weapons regarding F5E Tiger II

zerO_crash

only in nam that was common type of ROE.

in a game ROE cant really be enforced.

If you you know that there are no friendlies operating ahead head of you and the radar blips head towards you you can safely assume its baddie.

No you can not. That`s why we have had multiple civilian airliners getting shot down, and although these accidents got accepted as war casualties, it certainly didn`t enforce the sole dependance on IFF. Not to mention that a IFF device can fail, just as any other component.

As to what the practice was for US was past Vietnam war is in no question (Tomcats for example had most, if not all of their air victories gained with Aim9`s). It´s no news that planes currently in existence have long range IR scanning devices, that allow you to slew them to your radar locked target and magnify in on him through those for ID purposes. I would assume that making use of such devices allows for greater interception range and as such, a justified need for extended range missiles.

Edited by zerO_crash

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Maverick on this one? :\ Really? Why they choose to leave the Maverick out?

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

No Maverick on this one? :\ Really? Why they choose to leave the Maverick out?

I remember reading how they lacked the references detailing how the Mavericks were integrated with the plane exactly (e.g. the radar display showing the TV picture, etc.).

This F-5E version can't carry mavericks. And while some versions can, the F-5 is not really known as a maverick platform. However, there will be plenty of other options for shooting mavs: AJS37, Av8b, F18 and A10C/A.

That's not really an argument as they could have as easily chosen the variant which does support them, but they chose not to. IIRC, they chose the variant based on available documents, but I might be wrong.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

They have stated Earlier that they would be open to adding the AGM-65 capability if they got detailed information on how the AGM-65 capable Display looked/worked and how the AGM-65s were used.

If they get enough info to make a accurate modeling of it they will do it but they wont just do guess work to add the AGM-65.

And to Clarify the only difference between the AGM-65 capable F-5E and the F-5E that was not able to use the AGM-65 was Pylon Wiring and a slight change of the Radar Display (Giving it a TV mode to show the Seeker info)

And plenty of nations had F-5Es that could carry AGM-65s (without major upgrades)

That said they couldn't just add AGM-65 onto the current F-5E-3 they're modeling. They'd have to go on a separate F-5E-1, which mounted the older and 'MiG-21 tier bad' AN/APQ-153 required to fire them. An older 1972 F-5E would also probably not have an RWR, certainly not the TEWs style display in the F-5E-3.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That said they couldn't just add AGM-65 onto the current F-5E-3 they're modeling. They'd have to go on a separate F-5E-1, which mounted the older and 'MiG-21 tier bad' AN/APQ-153 required to fire them. An older 1972 F-5E would also probably not have an RWR, certainly not the TEWs style display in the F-5E-3.

no record of F5E-1 with AN/APQ 153 having agm capability.

the the amg65 capable F5E's used the An/APQ 159 not the 153. An/APQ 153 didnt have ever had that capability. its a much more primitive radar all in all compared to the 159.

the differences is there are multiple variations of the AN/APQ 159. AN/APQ 159 V1 had agm65 TV display. While AN/APQ 159 V3 did not, which is what we are getting with the current F5E-3

so if they find the necessary documentation they dont have to do entire new module all over again.

just "COPY pase" the finished F5E3, and from there just modify the Radar type Display to have TV mode.

it would hardly be starting from scratch mode.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Thats not true though.

All the AGM capable F5E users i listed had APQ-159 Radars (APQ-159-1 For The 5E and 159-2 for their 5Fs)

and the RWR could be either the later or earlier variant depending on customer desire.

But to my knowledge most of them had the later type RWR (like the one we are getting)

As the only significant changes to use the AGM-65 was the different display and wiring for the pylons.

Not even sure there was a F-5E with the APQ-153 using the AGM-65.

Thats not true though.

All the AGM capable F5E users i listed had APQ-159 Radars (APQ-159-1 For The 5E and 159-2 for their 5Fs)

My mistake then, in which case I very much hope someone digs up a source on maverick employment for BST.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I might be mistaking here but as far as i have been reading then the F5E Tiger II was capable of carying and launching the AGM12B Bullpup, but i cannot see it on the list of weapons.

Any reason why this one is not included?

(if this have already been explained then i appologize for this post)

I might be mistaking here but as far as i have been reading then the F5E Tiger II was capable of carying and launching the AGM12B Bullpup, but i cannot see it on the list of weapons.

That feature was only on the F-5A & B. It was removed in the E, and so it has no control stick in the cockpit to aim the bullpup.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

No Bullpups on F-5E.

No information about maverick-capable radar display modification - so no Mavericks. We don't want to guess and make something not real.

DCS doesn't support napalm weapons - so they won't be present too. Unfortunately.

No Bullpups on F-5E.

No information about maverick-capable radar display modification - so no Mavericks. We don't want to guess and make something not real.

DCS doesn't support napalm weapons - so they won't be present too. Unfortunately.

If we get you information what about then ? :smilewink:

-haukka81

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
If we get you information what about then ? :smilewink:

-haukka81

I think probability of implementing mavericks is high with enough information. But, the decision will be made by our boss when this information will be available

I think probability of implementing mavericks is high with enough information. But, the decision will be made by our boss when this information will be available

This is good news.

I'm sure it wouldn't be impossible to find some info regarding Mav employment in the F5E.

Gotta say I'm pretty disappointed by the F-5's limited loadout... but I have an idea for using it:

1. Fly Angels 40 over a target area with as many LGB's as you can carry.

2. Buddy lase with orbiting A-10's to take out long range SAM sites.

3. (a)Hang around and act as CAP

3. (b)Do gun runs on remaining AAA

5. ????

6. Profit.

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

Based on the history of DCS, it is my honest opinion that what is going to be released, is what the A-10C module was. A reduced fidelity module for export/customer sale. This F-5E will be something that is non-class, but still real enough to entertain.

The latest upgraded F-5EMs for Brazil would not be available for a public sim without some serious violations of agreements and classifications.

Edited by ST0RM

Don't forget that this is a very small, light fighter. Great for dogfights. Putting on all kinds of bells and whistles wont make it an F16. Sure, It can do A-G. But don't expect it to be more effective than the current M-2000C in an A-G role. I think that the F-5E will be more like a Sabre on steroids. But instead of 6x.50 cals we get 2x20mm, better radar and afterburner :)