Anyone think groom lake should have aliens?

I think it would be cool and funny if there were aliens and experimental aircraft at groom lake area 51. I don't believe in actual aliens, but just think it would be a cool Easter egg. Maybe a flying saucer or something just for fun. What say you guys?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are some "Star Trek"shuttle crafts at Area 51...you just need to look hard enough. Seek and ye shall find.

:music_whistling:

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

NEGATIVE!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

A good sense of humor keeps us all young. Bring on the conspiracy theories.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I think they should remove all vehicular traffic from the restricted area around Groom Lake AFB, and put some white pickup trucks around its surrounding hills to mimic the security guards there.

Only then is the premise set for the occasional UFO easter egg encounter, imho. :)

• Like 4

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

@ Mike Busutil - that picture is "shopped" mate, id swear that tree on the right wasn't there before.

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

I think it would be cool and funny if there were aliens and experimental aircraft at groom lake area 51. I don't believe in actual aliens, but just think it would be a cool Easter egg. Maybe a flying saucer or something just for fun. What say you guys?

Seriously. That's the first thing I looked for when I installed the map and they were pretty easy to find. The forum is full of screens of them.

• Like 1

I believe the reason for not including "aliens" at or near Groom was due to the USAF threatening to pull their contracts with ED should they reference anything with Area 51 and aliens.

:pilotfly:

I kid of course

• Like 1

kkjmnDL.jpg

Let's call the X-Files team!:D:D:D

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I read yesterday that they are declassifying a lot of '51 documents. Soon enough we'll know if realism fits. I would vote no.

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth

In my opinion, the governmentINFORMATION IS REDACTED BY ORDER OF THE UNITED STATES AIR FORCE AND THE GOVERNMENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Well.. We have the VSN UFO mod if need be. Based on the F-15. All it needs is a way to make hover. But editing the PFM to fit would be very hard if it can do both. hover and mach 3

Anything with a Rotary Wing is fun and challenging.

Use SRS radio.

Saitek X55 Modding

System Specs

Mixed Metals: i7 4790K@4.6, 32GB Kingston HyperX ram@2400Mhz, Gigabyte GA-Z97MX Gaming 5, ASUS Vega 64, 3xSamsung SSD drives, FSP Aurum 1000W PSU, Custom watercooling with EK blocks, Vive, Virpil MT 50, X55 throttle.

• 3 years later...

I know this is an old thread but I finally visited groom lake I'm shocked that no one called out that these are two Voyager shuttles with correctly matching numbers:

attachment.php?attachmentid=226740&stc=1&d=1580977395

Voyager_shuttles.thumb.JPG.5b1cfd89048f4eabcd2063d8dd67669c.JPG

• Like 1

Processor: i7-8700K CPU @ 5.1GHz (OC)

Memory: 16384MB RAM DDR 4266

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080TI FE

VR: PiMax 5K+

HDD: Samsung SSD 960 EVO

HDD: WD SSD WDS100T2B0A-00SM50

I know this is an old thread but I finally visited groom lake I'm shocked that no one called out that these are two Voyager shuttles with correctly matching numbers:

Kind of called out in this post, i wonder who the first person to find it was, but whoever they were made it easily known pretty quickly, I’m sure lots of people found it on their own on launch day. It’s pretty easy to taxi around in DCS and of course everyone is going to look around Groom Lake

Seriously. That's the first thing I looked for when I installed the map and they were pretty easy to find. The forum is full of screens of them.

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

You can add some kind of "magic" at Groom Lake.

I did like that during a night fly near R-4808A borders: I triggered 8 illumination flares in circular formations at 1000 ft AGL associated with some green signalisation flares.

Told nothing to anyone. During mission, one of my wingmen saw a bright intense light hovering and descending over the dry lake in the distance and he asked "wtf is that ?!". Then he went in direction of groom lake but an agressive Hawk search radar started to scan the skies as he crossed the R-4508 border. After that, my wingman quickly turned back and joined up, and the radar went just off :thumbup:

Edited by flo57100
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

ID4?

I usually fly the SU-57 and F-22 mod out of Groom Lake. 

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

• 3 months later...

Maybe there could be a mod for that.  To give the option of randomly, every 25-100 hours of time in the sim, one of a couple dozen strange lights or crafts might be seen in that vicinity...if you are there to see it.  Or randomly placed within 30nm radius of any point you specify in a mission.  Maybe spawn at 90,000' and dive to 500' AGL at Mach 8.  Hover and/or do various possible maneuvers.  Maybe emit beams or lights, maybe illuminate the ground, momentarily.  React to you with evasive maneuvers if you get within a couple miles.  Give you about 15-30 seconds and bug out, vertically, at Mach 8 again.  Or bug out immediately if you launch or fire anything at it, or even just lock on to it.  Subtle things, though, nothing gawdy or blatant.  Although sometimes the objects might show up in multiples or formations.

• Like 2