OT : Lost my RAM

If you look at the down right corner you see that I have used 348K out of 964K, and the fact is ...I should have 768MB RAM.

I have been experiencing very unstable usage, even just browsing with IE, not to mention gaming....someone has an experience like this?

TaskManager.JPG.74f33942dc0a63cdc601ae99b9cd4a19.JPG

Guest IguanaKing

Hi Omega Oska,

When you first turn your computer on, how much memory does your BIOS say you have? If it also says you only have 964K, then you should try removing, and then re-inserting your RAM sticks. If that doesn't fix it, then you may need to get new RAM. Most of the time though, a simple re-seating of the RAM sticks will solve the problem. Its so weird that you are having this problem, because our chief inspector where I work had the same problem with his last week. We opened it up and re-seated the RAM sticks...no more problems. :D

Don't touch the chips on the sticks or the heat spreader right after shutting down. They will be quite hot.

Good luck.

Ram sticks malfunctions happen all the time. I had 2 occasions myself. You might consider buyin new memory, take advantage of that and get 2 GIG's. RAM is cheap these days and it realy makes a big difference.

Hi Omega Oska,

When you first turn your computer on, how much memory does your BIOS say you have? If it also says you only have 964K, then you should try removing, and then re-inserting your RAM sticks. If that doesn't fix it, then you may need to get new RAM. Most of the time though, a simple re-seating of the RAM sticks will solve the problem. Its so weird that you are having this problem, because our chief inspector where I work had the same problem with his last week. We opened it up and re-seated the RAM sticks...no more problems. :D

Don't touch the chips on the sticks or the heat spreader right after shutting down. They will be quite hot.

Good luck.

Unless he kicked the case, its more likely to be a malfunction, and BIOS might still report every KB as OK anyway. Removing one memory stick at a time will tell wich one is broken.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Guest IguanaKing

Not true, Pilotasso. An improperly installed RAM stick can work fine for months or even years, then all of a sudden it quits. Corrosion is a b***h when dealing in an area where milivolts make or break the success of the system. Removing one at a time will work just fine, unless he has a pre-DDR or RAMBUS type of system. Then removal of one will just cause his BIOS to make angry beeps at him and never even enter the POST. :smilewink:

well, both my cases werent corrosion and BIOS still reported all KB's when removing 1 stick solved the ramdom crash and blue screen bootups.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Guest IguanaKing

OK...but removing a stick may not work for him, since we don't know what type of system he has. :smilewink: Our CIs computer is pre-DDR, and its running XP. Pull one stick and the computer doesn't do squat. Heh...I'm just in the habit of starting with the simplest possible solution. :D I could spend hours waiting for a "garbled Tx" problem to show on a COM, or I could just use a little nevr-dull on the pilot's brass headset connectors. :smilewink:

Reinserting the sticks give me no luck. However the glitch is occasional. Right now my PC is working fine but then the next second it would tell me that I have not enough resources and all sort of crap.

Well, I don't really know what type of board or RAM I am using......but my spec is :

AMD 64 3400+

768MB RAM

GeforceMX400

Just captured a shot of my performace tab, sorry that it is in Chinese, but I think the placement of the relevant data should be the same in the English version.

Performance.jpg.f3a3bf430f23f7ece77793fe2d96de7e.jpg

Ok. If your willing to spend about 300 bucks, Ill tell you to buy a new motherboard (939 pin I believe), new ram (1 gig pc3200), a power supply for a new geforce pci-e 6600, and a pci-e 6600.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813157087

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817159055

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820227126

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814133154

I looked for the cheapest. All that adds up to 317 and some change, and I didnt count shipping. If not, just go out and buy the ram, if ANYTHING. 1 gig for under $100 works fine.

Another thing...you have alot running in your background, and killing alot of them can possibly stabilize your system better. Heres a list you can probably start with:

wdfrgr.exe

tlntsvc.exe

ctfmon.exe

spools.exe

unsecapp.exe

tmntsrv.exe

tmpfw.exe

pcctlcom.exe

conime.exe

pccguide.exe

tmproxy.exe

tsc.exe

dlm.exe

soundman.exe

Lots of resources there that needs to be killed, and I guess that some of them are from norton or some other a/v software. If you can kill some of them programs Ill be willing to bet your computer wont run so sluggish.