Announcement - new A-10C DLC training campaign

I am happy to announce that I have started work on a new DLC campaign for A-10C. It will be set in the NTTR and will be aimed mainly at new players, containing between 15 - 18 missions with all the basic information and instructions required to master all the systems that would be useful in mostly (but not only) single player flying in the A-10.

Judging by many posts in these forums there is a need for such a campaign, after which one could either test his skills in excellent Basic Flight Training Qualification campaign by MapleFlag or in the Enemy Within or upcoming DLC prepared by Ranger79.

Apart from the instructions and interactive trainings each mission will contain a part in which you will have to put the newly acquired knowledge to use and fulfil different tasks given to you by your Instructor Pilot (IP). Last few missions will simulate a complex battlefield where once again you will have to prove that you know how to effectively use the Hog.

Moreover, the campaign will have its own storyline and will be first in series of linked campaigns sharing the same background (international situation) as well as some of the characters (the next one being Red Flag for M2000C). More details to come!

You can thus expect that what you have seen in The Enemy Within and what you will shortly see in the M2000C campaign, but probably pushed to a new level with improved radio comms quality, many more voiceovers, complex triggers and (hopefully) lots of fun during the training.

I am joining forces with Doughboy from 319th VFW, who served in NTTR and also was deployed with the A-10s in Afghanistan. So you can expect high degree of realism and some interesting stories in all the missions.

Finally, a disclaimer - this campaign does not aim to recreate way of operating the jet in real life to 100%. To get as close to realism as possible you would have to join and learn from one of the great multiplayer squadrons. This campaign will teach you how to effectively use different systems and weapons in DCS environment, of course trying to adhere to procedures used IRL as much as it makes sense for a single player experience.

At this moment it is too early to give any ETA, we shall see how quickly we can progress on this one. If you have any questions - ask them here. More details will be given as we progress.

EDIT

Below the official campaign trailer:

LINK TO MISSION 1 (DEMO)

Hey guys, as Doughboy mentioned we are releasing the first mission for you to try out and see what to expect from the campaign: MISSION ONE OPEN BETA

Edited by baltic_dragon
  • Like 2
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

It will cover more topics, add some nice tricks (especially when it comes to use of TGP, TAD and CDU) and will let you test these skills in an interactive and randomised situations. Plus each mission will be a complete experience (from startup to landing), will include voiceovers / comms from other flights, will have a full storyline (or should I say - background) which will be evolving with each sortie. So the aim is to take the stock training missions to the next level and make them feel more like a real thing. I feel something like that is lacking in the DCS, especially for the new players, but I guess even veterans will find some nice things there.

Fantastic just what an old guy like me needs.

| i9 9900K Octa Core 2TB SSD +32GB Spectrix DDR4 @3200MHz RGB | 2 x Radeon RX480 in Crossfire. | TrackIR5 HOTAS Warthog,MFG Crosswind Pedals | Cougar MFDs |

[OCG] Oceanic Combat Group

discord.gg/ZmXEBSU

"Through The Inferno"

by deadlyfishes

Official Australian Servers

SRS: All Servers have Auto-Connect Enabled

Server 1: TTI Caucasus

Server 2: TTI Persian Gulf

Server 3: OCG Training

Server 4: OCG NTTR & Multiplayer Missions

Australian Website

AU Discord Server

Looking forward to this

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

loving your campaigns man, nothing like it out there - thx a bunch. gonna support and buy all your shit if the money is there to spent

so your m2000c campaign is going to be a red flag too?

Edited by rogonaut

This sounds really good, and is very much needed! NTTR is the perfect map for it too.

^ Indeed.

Any content that makes it easier for new folk to DCS is a plus in my book. Good refresher training for old hands as well and you're always finding the odd little things you never knew about. A good story line just adds to the immersion even further. Good work.

A much needed campaign.;)

Looking forward to it.

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

Many thanks for your kind words! We hope to live up to the expectations!

so your m200c campaign is going to be a red flag too?

^ Indeed.

Any content that makes it easier for new folk to DCS is a plus in my book. Good refresher training for old hands as well and you're always finding the odd little things you never knew about. A good story line just adds to the immersion even further. Good work.

Yes, there was an idea from an outset to have two campaigns for M-2000, one set in Caucasus (included in the module) and second one in NTTR. But as the first one will be out pretty soon I wanted to give players some time to have fun with it and in the meantime return to the Hog and start working on a project I have been thinking for some time - a series of campaigns linked by characters and background.

We will release more information about the story in due time - for now I can just say that the A-10C training and M-2000C Red Flag will become parts of large-scale preparation for a combat deployment in the Strait of Hormuz, where third part of the campaign will be taking place.

Also, we soon hope to release a small surprise, so stay tuned.

Given how enjoyable Enemy Within is, I'll buy this on release!

Thanks Mick! Though I have to say I have gone a long way since Enemy Within when it comes to both complexity of the missions and quality / number of the voiceovers (the M2000C campaign will have more than 1200 recorded lines in 12 sorties). Hope you will be able to check it out soon! :thumbup:

We will release more information about the story in due time - for now I can just say that the A-10C training and M-2000C Red Flag will become parts of large-scale preparation for a combat deployment in the Strait of Hormuz, where third part of the campaign will be taking place.

holy cow - very good idea indeed!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

so much good news... gonna faint^^