Announcing Tu-22M3 Troika by Black Cat Simulations

So, first off, the flight model is not part of the balance between speed and level of detail. There will only be one flight model, a high fidelity EFM. Ever. Period. I'm principally talking about the AI, the effects of battle damage on certain systems beyond on/off, air conditioning, nuclear blast shields, etc. I don't want those types of things holding up the first release. Most of those things I listed will be free upgrades. But the AI I intend is going to require so much effort that either we bake the cost into the module up front, or we charge for an upgrade later. To keep the moderators happy, again this is all supposition until we get a license.

Brian

While I prefer upfront myself, I would be careful about taking the comments of a few people on the forums; you'll be getting a very biased sample (only people registered and active on the English forums) rather than a good idea of how many people would pay the larger up-front cost vs people paying the smaller upfront cost and then paying more later to get the "better" version.

Given how disgustingly successful free to play games are, I'd be more inclined to think the latter would net more money.

I can honestly say I would rather just pay something up front for any release, as a third party product, than get a free deal and then pay for other features later. I don't think the latter is as practical and even if what you intitially release is FC3 level I would still gladly pay a fair price for that. Even though full fedility is my favorite, I would like to see more FC3 level aircraft explored particularly by a 3rd party (which would be a first)

I've already hinted, but I'd only pay for a full fidelity module, and after being burnt with a couple of other WIP DCS modules, I'd also be waiting until the module was actually released and the features are out in the wild.

FWIW, asking that question on here is going to recieve biased answers. Previous similiar threads have shown forum goes are pretty much heavily in favour of full fat modules.

U think this is really the only place it has been announced and he has someone announcing this in the Russian thread for ed. So really his clientele base is solely here in the forums so saying that it is biased is not true.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Brian, I'm happy to see that the project is still ongoing! I've had fun for days with your earlier Tu-22M mod for the Su-25T. This is my most anticipated module on the long term.

As for the business plan, I'd rather pay upfront for all features, or atleast have the option for a 'premium version' that will see all updates included. It might be worth to check if it's worth it in the long term to maintain multiple versions of the Tu-22M for your customers who have different versions or perhaps even different combinations of paid upgrades. All we have for reference is the Black Shark 1 to Black shark 2 upgrade wich has been problematic for many, and ED did not even have to update BS1.

I might be looking to far into the future, but would it not be an alternative to recuperate the costs of developing the AI by implementing it on other modules you might want to develop as well such as possibly the Su-24,B-1B, F-111 or a tornado, or to license it to other devs?

I know some people are hesistant, but it would be a day one purchase for me. I know some modules are struggling through their early acces period, but we also have the mirage wich is an excellent example of progressing through early access. So far I have good faith in the work you've shown!

Check my F-15C guide

IMO you should give two options. One that is discounted full price(Like current modules are) so the future upgrades will be free and 2nd option you sell initial module with less amount and future upgrades will need to be purchased. In that way some people will prefer to buy full module rather paying for future upgrades and you will get some money to invest in future upgrades

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

This is without a doubt a huge first project you are undertaking. I hope to see a bomber within DCS, no doubt. But I consider this a mod until you guys have been granted a 3rd party license. Discussing business and payment-structure at this time will only get people more invested in something that might not happen. ED (probably) also have a big say on this matter. Talk to them first. A lot of projects get started and a very few get 3rd party status and finish their projects. I however wish the team best of luck in obtaining a license.

great choice

if i were at the head of the project i would use "code reuse" and this project would be....a "walk in the park".

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

---- " In Peace.....Prepare to War "--------

Wishlist : F-4 Phantom / F-20 TigerShark / Su-34

Processor Core i7 4790, 32 Gb RAM, 2 Tb SSHD, GTX 750 2Gb, 1920X1080 Gaming Monitor, Senze Joypad, Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit, VMware Workstation 12 for WindowsXP with Office 2007 and Linux OpenSUSE for Net Access.

I'd pay upfront for it as I have every other module I've wanted.

If you take "early access" into consideration, I'll be buying the Hornet, I bought the F-5, I bought the F-86 etc etc etc.

It may be important to see how many people are actually interested by putting money on it rather than facing the reality later of the "oh I'll buy it" crowd that never does.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

if you let your customers run your business they will run you out of business.

I respectfully disagree with the spirit of that. It is true, I probably know the nuts and bolts of the project better than the customer, and will listen to myself on the details. But as regards to features, payment, and what the customer feels like he gets for his money, 'the customer is always right'. I'm American. It's the 11th Commandment from God.

This project is a niche within a niche within a niche. Costs are relatively high, and customers few. It makes no sense to do marketing studies, touch base with a few preferred customers (we don't have any), and deliver a product that we 'think' will make everyone happy. A closer conversation between us (Black Cat) and you (potential, post-Third Party License customer) is called for, and I've chosen to do that on this forum. I can't go find every potential customer and ask them what they want. But for those who are here, on this forum, you can bend this developer's ear, and he will consider what you all say in aggregate. This will be YOUR airplane.

I will probably be quiet until we are close to submitting information to ED for third party status. But if you have a question feel free. I watch this thread.

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys it`s been a while that you`ve heard from me (for the last month) :) That`s because me and Dmitry has been working on Tu-134 for a Russian movie, Dmitry is currently texturing the model and I have to say that model looks insane with his textures! He`ll show some screens when he`s done :)

Currently I`m done with modeling and moving on modeling TU-22M3 starting with Langing gear, so await screens soon :)

P.S. Here you can see WIP of the Tu-134 that I`ve modeled based on the reference model and huge amount of ref photo`s (plz remember it`s a movie model and not the game one):

http://imgur.com/a/e8YDi

Edited by 3DArtistExtreme

-=3DArtistExtreme=-

Modeling/UV mapping/Lighting/Shading/Texturing

3D Portfolio http://www.oleg-kovalev.com

FlyingIron Simulations

Hey guys it`s been a while that you`ve heard from me (for the last month) :) That`s because me and Dmitry has been working on Tu-134 for a Russian movie, Dmitry is currently texturing the model and I have to say that model looks insane with his textures! He`ll show some screens when he`s done :)

Currently I`m done with modeling and moving on modeling TU-22M3 starting with Langing gear, so await screens soon :)

P.S. Here you can see WIP of the Tu-134 that I`ve modeled based on the reference model and huge amount of ref photo`s (plz remember it`s a movie model and not the game one):

http://imgur.com/a/e8YDi

That-134 look spectacular, not bad if you can "convert" on a DCS: W Module :music_whistling: