Announcing Tu-22M3 Troika by Black Cat Simulations

Looks cool. Certainly useful to measure as a reference so you can recreate the cockpit by-hand.

That being said, I don't understand how this would be useful building in-game, since it seems like it'd be more work to remove the noise and fix the UV than just to create your own cockpit from scratch based on this measured scan. 2 million polys is no joke, and 800MB-1GB texture seems beyond our ability to run in the DCS engine at this time.

Are you targeting the typical 200-400K poly with this model? or going for something finer?

We`ve got the first good photogrammetry 3D model

Those renders look like a cockpit to a scale model aircraft! Great work!

"Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil. For I am 80,000 feet and climbing." -9th SRW Det. 1 Wing Ops, Kadena AFB, Okinawa, Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-4460, 16GB of RAM, MSi GTX 970 Twin Frozr V, ASRock H97M Anniversary, 2x 1TB HDD, Fractal design Core 1100, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Corsair Vengeance K70, Razer Abyssus mouse, BenQ 1080P monitor.

Yeah Baby ... This is awesome ... :thumbup:

Also in the news ...the Indian Air Force is buying 4 of these birds from Russia ...:pilotfly:

Check Six!!!_:gun_sniper:_:pilotfly:

||R7-2700X||ASUS ROG STRIX-X470F Gaming||GSKILL-TridentZRGB 16GBDDR4 3200C14||CORSAIR RM 1000X||SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX 24GB OC||WARTHOG HOTAS||:gun_smilie:

Ecellent news, now we need a JA-37 and then we have a Baltic scenario :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

nice job :thumbup: what are the tris # of that model part ?

a wireframe or an edged faces video would be great too

9,3 millions, wireframe looks like solid model :)

you can see tris only when you zoom in:

front_gear_wireframe.JPG

YouTube || Copycats - technology and product clones (primarily aviation) || dgrigoriev.com
SPECS: i7 8700K (OK 5GHz), 2xGTX 3080ti, 64GB RAM, 1Tb SSD, WIN 10, 2560x1440, Oculus Rift CV1 || TM Warthog, TIR5, MFG Crosswind pedals

no cleanup at all - this is the mesh generated by agisoft photoscan (density-high).

We are very happy with the front gear, it came out very clean, especially wheels

YouTube || Copycats - technology and product clones (primarily aviation) || dgrigoriev.com
SPECS: i7 8700K (OK 5GHz), 2xGTX 3080ti, 64GB RAM, 1Tb SSD, WIN 10, 2560x1440, Oculus Rift CV1 || TM Warthog, TIR5, MFG Crosswind pedals

no cleanup at all - this is the mesh generated by agisoft photoscan (density-high).

We are very happy with the front gear, it came out very clean, especially wheels

Cleanup? Only if you consider throwing away blured,overexposed pictures and masking out Brian :)

Rear Landing Gear :)

rear_gear_agisoft_0001.jpg

rear_gear_agisoft_0002.jpg

rear_gear_agisoft_0003.jpg

Edited by 3DArtistExtreme

-=3DArtistExtreme=-

Modeling/UV mapping/Lighting/Shading/Texturing

3D Portfolio http://www.oleg-kovalev.com

FlyingIron Simulations

OMG, that will be hard to cleanup and optimize imho, anyway thanks for the info :thumbup:

Gonna be easy, we will just remodeling it :)

BTW.... :)

Well, he has a Tu-95 in his portfolio so that is indeed very possible.

That's an outstanding news, best luck to the team!

Any chance Oleg is also is the same Oleg who was sharing pictures of his Tu-95 a few years ago on the Bohemia Interactive forums ?

My bomber have finally got airborn in RHS mod for Arma 3 :)

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside%7C2048:1152&composite-to%3D%2A%2C%2A%7C2048%3A1152&background-color=black

Ro0XlBy.jpg

9Q1xDSG.jpg

0EPOljL.jpg

Edited by 3DArtistExtreme

-=3DArtistExtreme=-

Modeling/UV mapping/Lighting/Shading/Texturing

3D Portfolio http://www.oleg-kovalev.com

FlyingIron Simulations

Anyways back on topic did you guys do 3d scans of anything else? Bomb bays or sections of the aircraft?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.