*SA342 BUG REPORTS*

The_Fragger

Spawns Gazelle with no tail in next mission or two after crash

Yep known issue seems fairly random but I only have the Gazelle in DCS 2.0.x

When it happens you can kinda practice leaning to the right in the gazelle an keeping it balanced, or I just start again.

Collective controls obscure ADF programming

Check your mapping sometimes there can be some odd mappings of controls, may even have more than one function bound to the control??

Textures float above ground after some minor collisions

Haven't seen that but have seen where there are some areas that are not quite correct, the tops of most buildings has the hard deck about level with the parapet around the outside of the building others can be below the visible surface, kinda keeps you on your toes. :music_whistling:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

I'm actually noticing the Frame Rate issue also in Single Player now (at least at times). I create very simple missions so I don't think it's that.

I just got sick of it today and put it away after crappy Frame Rate and Startup in NEW Mission with Busted Tail.

I guess I'll park it until I hear these issues have been resolved. I haven't got all day to start and restart missions and crash from lousy visuals.

But I do enjoy the Gazelle when it's working good.

SnowTiger:joystick:

I'm actually noticing the Frame Rate issue also in Single Player now (at least at times). I create very simple missions so I don't think it's that.

I just got sick of it today and put it away after crappy Frame Rate and Startup in NEW Mission with Busted Tail.

I guess I'll park it until I hear these issues have been resolved. I haven't got all day to start and restart missions and crash from lousy visuals.

But I do enjoy the Gazelle when it's working good.

As I only have the Gazelle in DCS 2.0 I usually just do a quick mission and by dumping all the enemy and coalition aircraft (essentially a free flight) frame rates seem to hold up fairly well.

Perhaps try that and see if performance improves.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

There is an issue with the autopilot. Although I am in limits to activate the altitude mode, it did not happen with the key that I assigned for altitude mode. But when I manually click to the switch from the cockpit, it works.

[CENTER]

Signum_Signatur.png

[/CENTER]

I don't know about the Mistral firing issues BUT I can tell you that the Auto Hover does work (at least for me 5 mins ago). Make sure all of or the correct Gun/Rocket switches are ON (depending on M or L version) and the MASTER ARM is On.

In the L model, if you don't see Gun Sights, something is probably not set correctly.

RE: HOVER

It is critical that there is Zero Lateral Motion aka Speed and Zero Decent/Climb Rate.

If all those are in place, you should be able to activate the Hover Hold.

I personally have mine saved to the same Hat that I use for Zoom. Left/Right zooms in/out and Up zooms normal.

Down is Auto Hover.

I use a couple other things for Slave to Camera and to Ascent/Descend while in hover.

I don't know about the Mistral firing issues BUT I can tell you that the Auto Hover does work (at least for me 5 mins ago). Make sure all of or the correct Gun/Rocket switches are ON (depending on M or L version) and the MASTER ARM is On.

In the L model, if you don't see Gun Sights, something is probably not set correctly.

RE: HOVER

It is critical that there is Zero Lateral Motion aka Speed and Zero Decent/Climb Rate.

If all those are in place, you should be able to activate the Hover Hold.

I personally have mine saved to the same Hat that I use for Zoom. Left/Right zooms in/out and Up zooms normal.

Down is Auto Hover.

I use a couple other things for Slave to Camera and to Ascent/Descend while in hover.

I am not talking about auto hover. I mean the autopilot which makes you move in certain altitude. Sometimes it can be engaged only by manual clicking and not via button assignment.

And about the gunsight issue: I set up everything and fire some rockets or guns. Then putting the gunsight in the upper position and nothing works. Normally it should still fire because it is just a piece of glass (not a master arm switch).

One extra issue is that when using TrackIR sometimes you see the gunsight symbology out of the glass in case you move your head back and forth left and right.

[CENTER]

Signum_Signatur.png

[/CENTER]

Unless I have missed something, the Gazelle has NO Autopilot. At least not like that which the DCS Huey has.

I'm going to jump in and have a look but I'm pretty darn sure there is No AP for Gazelle that allows you to set a heading and/or attitude.

However, it DOES HAVE an Altitude Hold and a Speed Hold function; both of which are controlled at the Bottom Edge/Right Side of the Front/Main Instrument Panel. It does not have a setting for attitude.

The manual describes how and when each of the AP modes works (i.e. altitude hold and speed hold parameters).

After the latest update in 2.0, I get strange behavior when joining other players cockpits. Everything is shaky and I can't even launch a HOT missile(due to shakiness). Attached is a video of the strange behavior. *Plus the sound bug after trying to join another vehicle*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG5uaYznOek&feature=youtu.be

Picture with fails

Hi!

After a little bit strong landing my gazelle was with some little structural problems.

One of these problems was the rotor with parts flying alone with no contact with the principal part of rotor.

attachment.php?attachmentid=160754&stc=1&d=1492199702

See you and thx for the fun!

:megalol:

PastedImage-1.thumb.jpg.e06305e18bc1e2370c6f9f1caf6fe111.jpg

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition

I discovered the following regarding power to the VTH system. When IR power is on (switch number 2 in the manual at page 38) I can switch to IR mode (button 7 on the same page). That is as expected. When I switch off the IR power while still in VTH mode I remain in VTH mode. That should not be possible, as IR power is cut, isn't? In this condition I cannot switch back to VDO mode. Only once I power the IR again, I can switch between VDO and VTH again.

The expected behavior would be: IR power off->switch from VTH to VDO and be unable to engage VTH mode

• 1 month later...

TrackIR is not working in 2.1/Normandy.

I've tried other aircraft and they are working fine.

EDIT:

Seems to be with non-FC3 aircraft and the Huey.

The Gazelle, F-86 and F-5 all are without working TIR.

Edited by ST0RM

@STORM, I flew the Gazelle earlier with the wife on Normandy and TrackIR was fine. Make sure that you have TIR activated and good-to-go when you start DCS or it will not pick it up. You can verify that it picked it up by going into the settings/bindings and seeing if you have the TrackIR column.

@NahkaSukka, have the pilot fully start the Gazelle before anyone else joins or else it will be out of sync.

Stutter in 2.1 every second or so gazell only.

Just convinced one of my flying buddies to get the Gazelle package I have had it since it came out and it's such a great modual but another level again in vr.

I am running it in 1.5 and 2.1 on all maps including Normandy no problems.

My buddy Downloaded it and it works fine in 1.5. Unfortunately in 2.1 there is a regular visual stutter interrupting the sound also at about 1second intervals.

I would normally , and still will, put this on 2.1 bugs thread but the thing is it is only happening with the Gazell module the spitfire is working fine. He only has the Normandy map in 2.1.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

He has i7 / 16 gb ram/ 1.5tb SSD / win 10 / GeForce 1080 / good power supply / warthog / pedals.

Similar system to me and I am having no problems ?

Thanks

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Hello gents.

We noticed some broken systems, mainly concerning the Magnetic Trim, the autopilot and the normal trim itself.

The team is aware of the problem and is curently working on it.

Be aware that these systems got broken since last update ED did.

Thanks for your understanding.

I'm having a slight issue...

During the cold start training mission, I cannot seem to get the trim system working in 1.5. Seems to be working fine in 2.1. Anyone have any input?

Consultant - Beta Tester

http://www.polychop-sims.com

I felt that all the choppers are a little bit more twitchy in 2.1 than in 1.5.6.:huh:

I think there is something in that, I don't know about twitchy (heck I usually have AP, gyro and trim off, twitchy no responsive yes ;) )but to me they "feel" better to fly in 2.1 more precise control maybe even slightly better feedback to UI (rift for me).

• 2 weeks later...

The state of the manual and some feedback

Manual typos:

I've been reading through the manual as I just bought the module and finding some errors here and there. Not exactly a bug but hey, it might help :)

Page 7: Top down view states the width at the landing skids it states 2.750 meters whereas right below it in the Front view it says 2.040 meters for the exact same measurement.

All in all, I'd really recommend the devs to have another go at the manual and include things such as basic helicopter operation, checklists, and also review everything that's written so far. I've found several typos (such as 'witch' instead of 'which') and numerous occasions of questionable grammar.

Referring to a training mission in the manual is unacceptable for subjects such as weapon deployment. The manual is supposed to be a reference which is accessible at any time (from a second screen or secondary PC/Laptop). In the current state of the manual, if I haven't flown the SA342 in a while and I find myself in a situation where in my group I'm flying the SA342 I have no way of easily getting myself up and running. The exact same goes for start up, which is even MORE important. This alone ensures the SA342 will NOT be a widely used helicopter as it CAN NOT be started up without either some luck OR excellent knowledge of the aircraft. And quite frankly, I do not possess either as I can not invest hours and hours of my free time in every single module.

Perhaps more importantly, this sets a precedent of which I'm unhappy with the quality of (some important parts of) the developers' module. This makes me doubt whether I'll buy another module of them again if the SA342('s manual) will remain in its current state. And that saddens me greatly, seeing a possibly excellent module being deteriorated by simple things such as useless manuals.

This changed from a Bug report to more of a Feedback post. I hope you can appreciate it and will address some of the things I stated as they're incredibly important for the module's success!

Closing, a module that can't be flown because of a lack of knowledge is a useless module, not because it is bad but because it is inaccessible to those who can not invest their lives into DCS. And there are many of us that can't.

Cheers Art