Pilot Sudden Death Syndrome

mytai01

I was flying a mission in the Bf 109 above 35,000 feet when my pilot suddenly and instantly died. One second I'm flying along happy the next second I'm staring at my wingman's plane from the F2 postion. Is this supposed to happen?

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

I guess he died because of low air pressure. He couldn't breath.

35k feet is very high for such a machine.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gainward RTX 2080 OC | i7 8700K OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3600 MHz | MSI Z370-A PRO | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

If it was hypoxia then why did it happen so suddenly and not start showing symptoms at a lower level?

Edited by mytai01

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

I thought they modeled malfunctions with the pilots now! Strokes, heart attacks. wait they need to model severe airsickness! Picture it! You're flying along and turning, and before you know it, you toss your cookies all over the cockpit!

I thought they modeled malfunctions with the pilots now! Strokes, heart attacks. wait they need to model severe airsickness! Picture it! You're flying along and turning, and before you know it, you toss your cookies all over the cockpit!

Fleet Defender use to do that. :pilotfly:

Just shake it up enough and your back seater would upchuck. :smilewink:

No. It was in the Bf 109 Challenge Campaign. No enemy anti air assets.

I'm pretty sure the Oxygen wasn't on because I tried it again with it on and made it to 40k without dying.

While I haven't tried it in the 109, rapid onset death from hypoxia common when I forget the oxygen. You can kill yourself on the ground in the Mig-15! Lol

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy