Which SU-25 has the most Versatile Capabilities ?

SnowTiger

Today, yes. But when FC3 came out only the F-15 had a good flight model, as well as the Su-25T wich it inherited from FC2.

No Pepin is right - the Su-25 has had AFM since FC1.

"AFM" (Advanced Flight Model) was first introduced with the "Flaming Cliffs" add-on and developed specifically for the Su-25T(featured aircraft), but the Su-25 got it as well.

Yes AFM was on both 25s long before the F-15 was even thought about. That is why the vanilla 25 is high on everyones list, because it is such a joy to fly and so rewarding to bring her home. Everything you do in it, take off, fly, land, ground pound or dogfight is so rewarding because of the sheer enjoyment of the challenge. The only other aircraft that has given me that level of accomplishment whilst being so enjoyable to fly is the MiG21.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Su-25A is one of the aircraft I enjoy flying most in DCS, even though it is only FC level. And I also am, for some reason, better with it, than T when it comes to CCRP bombing. It is also nicer to fly than T, lighter, therefore performs and maneuvers better.

However, T is overall much more capable as a combat machine. Thanks to it's Shkval system, unline the vanilla Su-25 you can search for and target distant targets better, and the system also allows much better utilization of guided weaponry. Also, the T has significantly more weapon types available when it comes to guided ordnance, inlcuding anti radar missiles for SEAD missions.

http://whmilsimflyer.blogspot.com.tr/2015/02/the-basics-how-do-i-fly-and-fight-in-su.html here's something I've written on Su-25T and it's weaponry about 1 year ago.

Completely agree. If target area is not heavily protected with SAMs, go Su-25. It is a joy to fly. And "kill" ground targets. If you need stand-off capability or you are flying against a heavily defended area, go Su-25T.

Su-25 is lighter, faster, more maneuvrable and more pleasant to fly than Su-25T. But, if your task is difficult, Su-25T may be a better choice... ;)

Also, Su-25T has unique SEAD capabilities currently in DCS... It is the only, truly SEAD capable plane right now. And it is completely free... ;)

• 6 months later...
Today, yes. But when FC3 came out only the F-15 had a good flight model, as well as the Su-25T wich it inherited from FC2. Today, almost all FC level aircraft have been updated with good FM's, some to PFM level. This year should mark the completion with the Fulcrum variants and the Flanker-D upgraded to PFM as well.

Well DCS isn't a Pay to win game :) where the most powerful variant must always be bought. The T is also a bit more friendly to rookies without gear. with several autopilot modes that follow routes, innitiate approaches and hold altitude and attitude and the like. In the Frogfoot-A you must hold the stick and apply trim unless you are in stable, level flight.

I noticed you seem to be in a stage where you are very impressed by the realistic power offered by precision weapons. Vedexent tried to explain this in post #11 as well. But I thought I'd put the emphasis on it once more. There's two kinds of aircraft. In one of the types you have as much an office job as you are a pilot. You take-off, then put the plane in one or another autopilot mode to let it fly itself and then start working on computer displays and keyboards. You're killing enemies who don't even know where it's coming from. People who like this type of flying might gravitate towards modules like the A-10C and Ka-50. In the Ka-50 you can never consider yourself trully effective if you cannot work the autopilot to do your bidding.

This type of flying is fun and the weapons remain impressive for a long time, although after dropping JDAM #37584 from 25 000 feet on an unsuspecting tank the effect can wear off. Planes like the Su-25A do not have computer screens. The most important asset for this plane is you, the pilot. And how well you can work the throttle and stick. Combat is not about stand-off distances. It's about finding the target, move towards him, put the crosshair on his face and SHOOT. This type of flying is much more about adrenalin and violence than the other. This is also why you see people praising the Su-25A here, for it's speed and agility while it's clearly inferior to the T model in terms of capabilities.

I personally love and fly almost all machines, including the aforementioned craft like the Ka-50 and A-10. But I also really appreciate the Su-25A.

Did anyone else hear the Commissar from "Enemy at the Gates" yell, "When the man in front of you gets shot, you pick up his rifle AND SHOOT!"

This is why I prefer the 25 over the 25T...it just feels like Mother Russia is in the very bones of the plane!

Today, yes. But when FC3 came out only the F-15 had a good flight model, as well as the Su-25T wich it inherited from FC2. Today, almost all FC level aircraft have been updated with good FM's, some to PFM level. This year should mark the completion with the Fulcrum variants and the Flanker-D upgraded to PFM as well.

From memory (having played the demo) the Su-25A got AFM at the same time as the Su-25T - for Flaming Cliffs 1

The Su-25A was provided with a single mission as a free downloadable demo of the AFM technology at the release time of Flaming Cliffs.

Cheers.

Your question is definitely an interesting one. On one hand, you have a modernised digitally focused jet, on the other, you have an older analog type aircraft. I get what you mean by "it feels like Mother Russia is in the very bones of the plane!". Older birds are an absolute blast to fly especially ones like the P-51 and F-86. However, if you're asking about versatility, in my opinion the Su-25T would be the better choice of the two. It's TV guided munitions and capability to perform in low light conditions with the aid of the Mercury LLTV pod are it's strengths. Not to mention it's SEAD capability, although it is limited.

• 1 month later...

One thing that Su-25T is somewhat turns me down with is a limited front visibility due to a large amount of framing around the HUD area.

i5-9600K@4.8GHz 32Gb DDR4 Asus TUF rtx3080 OC Quest Pro Warthog on Virpil base