Tips for braking?

IDontLikeNames

I've been playing DCS pretty casually for a while now, and there's a few things that still give me trouble. Namely, braking. I'm a pretty decent pilot, I think, but when I use the wheel brakes, I lose all hydraulic pressure on the left system, along with braking power. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but it is pretty frustrating. Also, I've never been able to find a switch or lever for an airbrake, or emergency brake. Anybody got tips for me?

Edited by IDontLikeNames

Airbrakes

- Open: LShift+B

- Close: LCtrl+B

(the switch is on the Throttle)

Emergency Brakes Switch is on the left outboard console, on the left side of the fuel pump switches

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

You are breaking while going too fast. Use you airbrakes for the initial slowdown, and only then apply wheel brakes.

Don't bother looking at the stupidly short AI braking distance, it's due to them using the SFM and is impossible to achieve for the player.

I wonder if this might be the problem I'm currently having with the F-15C. With all my other DCS aircraft I don't tend to have braking issues. The F-15C for me tends to often pull to the left or right when wheelbrakes are used. I do tend to use them early upon landing and maybe I'm killing the hydraulics.

I don't think I have had problems with the A-10 though.

There are many aircraft which cannot stop quickly without the addition of full speedbreaks and even the flaps help. The A10 and most military fighters included. Failure to land into the wind also contributes to over-shoot.

Over compensated directional control on roll out is likely due to activating the nose wheel steering too soon. Use rudder only control on initial landing and activate NWS only after slowing below 60 knots and yaw very gently until near stopped. I use very slight twitching movements and pulse the rudder.

-Pv-

Edited by -Pv-

I've been playing DCS pretty casually for a while now, and there's a few things that still give me trouble. Namely, braking. I'm a pretty decent pilot, I think, but when I use the wheel brakes, I lose all hydraulic pressure on the left system, along with braking power. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but it is pretty frustrating. Also, I've never been able to find a switch or lever for an airbrake, or emergency brake. Anybody got tips for me?

You should not loose all you pressure. Are you staring on a cold pit? Might want to review your aircraft starting. Maybe you missing a switch. Also, ensure anti-skid is on. Do not land to heavy, you don't need full load of fuel and weapons every flight. I have seen people carry a centerline tank for a 5 minute flight to the target area :D. Also check you speed. There is a multitude of videos and thread about this topic that can help you.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..