Radar problem

davidpm

In all sorts of ways, radar and flight model being the two most obvious, the AI doesn't have the same limits that players do. It appears that the AI can automatically detect you at maximum possible range.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

Because while I'm training interception I appear before on their radar than they in mine

I wonder how do you know you appear on their radar.

I mean, you can't see their radar display, so what is it that makes you say that?

RWR => wrong idea

AI reaction (flight path) => maybe, but could be linked to your radar being detected by their RWR, so AI reaction valid only if your own radar is off.

As it happens, I recently made several "max detection distance" tests.

For the F-15C, following figures come up (head-on, iso-altitude 8000m ~FL250, HPRF scan):

[TABLE]Target:|B-52|Tu-22|F-15|MiG-29|F-16

Detection at (nm):|134|118|63|63|59[/TABLE]

spacer.png

I mention this quite often it seems. The AI stopped 'cheating' when they made them actually rely on sensors. Their sensors work as they're supposed to with limits intact. Though I'm not sure that holds in the case of the Mig-31. So basically you're doing it wrong, which is most likely the PRF setting. You need to be in high PRF to achieve max detection range.

Because while I'm training interception I appear before on their radar than they in mine

David

When the RWR goes off it does not have to mean you have been detected yet. You are being illuminated with enough energy to set the RWR off, but it is not sure if enough energy is reflected back at the bandit for him to see you on the radar.

Check my F-15C guide