problem with EAC

fighter1976

You need to wait for allignment to complete ( it should say T = 4.0.0.8 on the CDU) before you press NAV. You then need to flick up the EAC switch below the throttle ( you can't do that if allignment didn't complete).

You missed press the EGI swicth on the panel at the bottom, just behind the stick. Press that after pressing the NAV OSB next to your MFCD.

And lo, Reverend Vegas did say "Take forth unto the infidel the mighty GAU 8 and expend its holy 30MM so that freedom will be brung upon them who knoweth not the joys of BBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTT"

"Amen"

Mhh, please crosscheck your startup checklist with a checklist that you know works.

If I don't forget anything the steps are:

- Wait for automatic ground alignment to finish (4.0 0. 8, do not move the aircraft while aligning)

- Click Nav on the CDU to start the navigation system and exit alignment

- Select EGI as navigation data source (GPS system, button located under the ADI)

Also make sure:

- IFFCC, JTRS and CICU on (bottom of weapon control panel)

- EAC on (confirm that warning light goes off)

- SAS on

Afaik then it should not read "ALN UNS" anymore, even on ground before takeoff it would already read "RDY".

If it still shows ALN UNS you're probably doing anything in the wrong order at your startup procedure.

Image with all stuff I mentioned:

FiGqYmH.jpg

EAC - Enables autopilot and gun stability system (PAC)

SAS - Enables control input dampening system, flying smoother, needed for EAC and other stuff to work

EGI - Enables EGI as navigation data source, this is a GPS system

IFFCC - flight and fire control computer, also enables HUD

JTRS - Enables datalink system, you can see other aircrafts on the TAD

CICU - Central Interface Control Unit, enables MFCDs and subsystems

I had the same problem with the EAC.... flicked it on at the correct place in the check list but it didnt stay on. Once i programmed one of my throttle switches to that command it worked perfectly... try that.

Best of luck.