New File Integrity Check

Shahdoh

First off, you need to get over this idea that im trolling. Your concerns, although idiotic were addressed. I made a statement that coff felt the need to respond to. I'm not sure who you think you are that you get to tell me to stop. If I want any more crap out of you, I'll squeeze your head. If you dont like what I have to say, dont include yourself in the conversation.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

you need to realize this is not a FFA and there needs to be some sort of a middle ground for MP.

there not out to ruin people pits but they need to find a way to lock SOME of the data down.

Edited by OldE24

8700k@4.7 32GB ram, 1080TI hybrid SC2

Id probably quit playing dcs if they break helios. I'm guessing hundreds of others would as well. Among those hundreds are a ton of people who contribute far more to the community and player base than you. Quite frankly, your whining attitude and inability to make a point would be a welcome abscense. When compared to the people that have devoted thousands of dollars and hours to bettering the dcs community, id trade a hundred of you for one of them.

Y'all need to cut it out.

Emotions are running high for everyone for people's own reasons, and that's pretty much part and parcel for this type of thing.

c0ff is working on it - help him make it right, time for argument is pretty much done.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Guys, please, calm down. One of the points of the new IC is to make MP a fair play.

This mod, which I was unaware of before, runs outside of the scope of the IC. It uses the Export API. We have a server-side option to allow/forbid world objects export, but no option to control the ownship export, just because it was assumed to be safe.

So, talking about LEAVU-style mods, this is a simple question of adding a server-side option to allow/forbid ownship export. If I understand you correctly and this is what you want - the option will be added soon - it is relatively simple to implement.

Guys, for me this seems not to be the best option. We use the ownship export to create immersive additional vibration effects in SimShaker software. I suppose many users of Simshaker would like to have the effects working in MP as well.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guys, for me this seems not to be the best option. We use the ownship export to create immersive additional vibration effects in SimShaker software. I suppose many users of Simshaker would like to have the effects working in MP as well.

In addition, further information are gathered with a lua modification in the main installation. We hope ED will help us here to provide this data via a supported interface...

I don't really see the problem. This option would just give server admins more power over their own server. It's only fair to the admins that they can allow/forbid certain things. Ridiculous statements like "Helios users and Leavu users contribute more to the community than others" (paraphrasing) is laughable. Server hosts also puts a great deal of money and time to host, literally for the sake of the community. You can turn your argument around and say that without this option, Tens of servers will be closing business. That's obviously also a stupid and baseless thing to say...

If you don't like the way a server handles things, fly on another one or create your own dedicated server.

• Like 1

2075291193_EDSig.png.650cd56f2b9a043311112721c4215a47.png

64th Aggressor Squadron
Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron
TS: 135.181.115.54

If Helios is banned, then I will quit DCS and go back to Falcon BMS.

this!

to add: one of the strength of DCS was that you can build/script your own stuff. I hope that ED thinks about what is doing next and dont just listen to SOME people, because not EVERYONE wants to change the export stuff.

and while we are at it, pls make sure you add the option to restrict input devices. So users of expensiv Flightsticks or TrackIR have no unfair advantage in Multiplayer

Edited by Nero.ger

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

c0ff, check PM.

I have an idea that may be beneficial to every party, but a bit too much developer talk, so I've sent a PM instead of writing it here.

Not to leave people in dark, it is basically a system that can allow server admins to identify and allow / disallow individual mods without disallowing exports altogether. Although, it will probably take somewhat considerable development effort.

If it works,

- People who want to fly with any mod, including leavu in their server,

- People who want any mod including leavu to be disabled in the server they fly,

- People who have home cockpits,

can all be happy :).

• Like 1

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

"I insist on my ability to cheat on other peoples servers against their will."

Not aimed at home cockpit and Simshaker users. Unfortunately they are the collateral damage of 'mods' exploiting the DCS export system. Sure it was designed for home cockpits. It wasn't designed to be shared and datalinked between users running their own datalink servers however.

Edited by ///Rage

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

and while we are at it, pls make sure you add the option to restrict input devices. So users of expensiv Flightsticks or TrackIR have no unfair advantage in Multiplayer

I don't know why this gets brought up, input devices all have the same effect on the sim, they don't add to what is already capable with the sim. You get the same turn rate with a keyboard that you do with an expensive joystick, the aircraft in the sim doesn't get any better. There is no have and have not, if you wish to move the aircraft you use an input device, if you wish to look around you use an input device. Adding mods to do extra things not available in the default game is a totally different aspect altogether, you either have this extra feature to your aircraft or not, there is no basic mod that gives you the same features a la keyboard and mouse.

• Like 1

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

I don't know why people have an issue with server providers controlling their server environment the way they see fit, i mean if you don't like a specific server just go play on another one?

Surely more options for end users should be welcomed?

Or perhaps there's something in the fact that some people are so vocally against enhanced file integrity checks?

@frostie, i brought that up because the "main" argument for banning ownship export/mods is that you have an advantage over someone who does not use it.

But the same goes for HOTAS and TrackIr. They can look around faster and more precise. Expensive Sticks are more precise and have more buttons (less fiddling with keyboard). Clearly that is an advantage especialy in Close Combat.

While i have no problem with checking against real cheats, i have a serious problem if ED just impelemts something because some people feel they are beeing cheated without real proof, and if that proof is just "oh its faster with Leuva than with verbal comunication with GCI" that its all the same for Cheap Stick+Keyboard VS HOTAS+TrackIR

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

I don't know why people have an issue with server providers controlling their server environment the way they see fit, i mean if you don't like a specific server just go play on another one?

Surely more options for end users should be welcomed?

Or perhaps there's something in the fact that some people are so vocally against enhanced file integrity checks?

I agree wholeheartedly. I was admin on 3 different BF4 servers.

A lot of players don't realize that the people running the servers pay for the server space and often teamspeak servers as well as clan webpage space.

I used to compare it to a pool table. The owner has the right to do whatever they want. Anyone against the server policies can simply hit the x.

Or we could hit it for them. I give a big thumbsup for more tools to admin and set up the "pool table" the way the owners want. If one doesn't like it, start your own and do it your way. Personally, I would definitely find the tools very useful. Bravo. I prefer a level playing field software-wise. Your hardware setup is up to you.

The trend however is to build things into the hardware as well such as a Razor 7 mouse that can immeditaely target to center mass in some games. That kind of thing is ruining things and empties servers.

Cheating or not, our rules generally frowned against ANYTHING that emptied the server and was subject to an immediate non reversible ban.

It's your pool table. Run it however you want.

• Like 1

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth

Right, cus trackir and a hotas gives me the ability to see contacts on my radar that I otherwise wouldn't and gives me NCTR in every airplane and 100% accurate range on RWR contacts...

What are you even talking about??

Tell us that leavu does that so I can call you another idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.

I dont know how many times I can say it. Leavu doesn't show anything that your plane hasn't already figured out and told you in the default dcs interface. It does notify you if an ally on the same net has locked a target, but that is all.

You call everyone ignorant for stating the very fact you mention above, but you ignore your own statements. Words don't describe the level of craziness in your posts.

Do you actually read what you type?

Add to that you're here dictating to server owners what they can and can't do with their servers that they/we pay for.

It is high time you stopped posting your vitriol and started coughing up and supporting a server that will run without this restriction (as others are doing), instead of falsely claiming to be part of some band of saviours to the community.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

You call everyone ignorant for stating the very fact you mention above, but you ignore your own statements. Words don't describe the level of craziness in your posts.

Do you actually read what you type?

Add to that you're here dictating to server owners what they can and can't do with their servers that they/we pay for.

It is high time you stopped posting your vitriol and started coughing up and supporting a server that will run without this restriction (as others are doing),instead of falsely claiming to be part of some band of saviours to the)community.

First of all, I've previously stated that I respect what the buddy spike guys are doing enough to comply with their request to not use the mod in question. So there goes that theory. It's time you stopped stating BS as fact. And second if you take away the ability to use helios and other widely accepted tools for people that have built pits, im confident you'll see disastrous effects in the community.

[quote=

Originally Posted by red_coreSix View Post

Right, cus trackir and a hotas gives me the ability to see contacts on my radar that I otherwise wouldn't and gives me NCTR in every airplane and 100% accurate range on RWR contacts...

What are you even talking about??

Tell us that leavu does that so I can call you another idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.

well beer you allready called me an idiot once so lets go for twice. on a F15 it shows an arrow and a LINE to your aircraft on the rwr giving range. on the SU27/MIG29 it gives you the Type of aircraft info you SHOULD not have.

8700k@4.7 32GB ram, 1080TI hybrid SC2

why it's a MUST

That's why it's a MUST

POC-export-cheat.thumb.png.03c1dcd098ed20fcb0b3aeb609d321de.png

This pic is the proof of my statement in this post:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2766660&postcount=290

"

players with 'mods' like LEAVU will know your exact position if your radar triggered his RWR/TEWS, without doing anything.

If his radar paint your once, he need no IFF with radar and he know it's a blue/red guy just by RWR/TEWS, until server mission rotate.

"

Edited by L0op8ack

Oh really. You are aware that the stock f15 moves the rwr icons further and coser to the center of the display, showing a range. It also rotates the icons relative to center to represent a bearing. That's the stock one.....zomg the hax.

It's time you stopped stating BS as fact.

You deny the blatant contradiction in your earlier statement then.

First of all, I've previously stated that I respect what the buddy's pike guys are doing enough to comply with their request to not use the mod in question. So there goes that theory. It's time you stopped stating BS as fact. And second if you take away the ability to use helios and other widely accepted tools for people that have built pits, im confident you'll see disastrous effects in the community.

So you expect server owners to vet every client that joins their server for integrity rather than have the option to stop such mods being used by a simple check box. You really haven't got a clue about running a server have you.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"