New File Integrity Check

Shahdoh

leavu is fantastic. Comparable to the Russians having info on their screen with an AWACS around. F-15s are meant to have datalink after all.

But yeah, if you want to turn it off from your server, do what you want. But as long as some servers allow this to be used for the greatness of it then it's all peachy on my end.

Great work Yoda, still think it's definitely worth paying 10 bucks for this over textures.

It is a unfair advantage..it's not a cockpit extension you are giving players info they should not have. the SU/Mig get a US RWR with type and distance and the F15 gets distance info better then normal. To me this mod is the equivalent of a ESP cheat when used in a group. i just hope in the end it doesnt break peoples home cockpits, if people want to use this in single player i'm all for that but this mod does not belong in MP.

+1

Yes, IC to kill the MP cheats. Single player cheats.... well go ahead.... continue to play with yourselves! :megalol:

• Like 1

After reading all the offensive comments in this thread and on my leavu3 video i felt little sad to be received this way from some of the community.

I am not writing here to argue with anyone, i am just telling you how we are thinking about leavu3.

This idea considered from all of us as team communication enhancement, in simple way and without going into much details, all the information you are receiving from Leavu3 should be available via your aircraft or the comms (teamspeak) whenever you are flying in group.

Yoda putted lot of effort to bring leavu3 like this and all RvE members consumed time testing before it released to public in order to provide a good Mod to DCS community, so it's really sad to hear some people calling us cheaters and consider leavu3 as a cheat.

However in the end, i am glad that ED will provide the option to the server admin to enable or disable those features which makes problem solved to everyone.

S!

=RvE=Flame

• Like 1

all the information you are receiving from Leavu3 should be available via your aircraft or the comms (teamspeak) whenever you are flying in group.

Lets call a spade a spade.

The information LEAVU gives you is far far beyond what your aircraft sensors and TS comms can provide. A picture tells a thousand words. A real time 360deg gods eye view of what you and your teamates are seeing, locking and engaging paints an encyclopedia brittanica. Not even a GCI could provide you with that data. And if he did it would be out of date by the time he finished talking.

Undoubtedly LEAVU is very powerful and theres some real coding genius behind it. But to use it on public servers unrestricted against people who dont is wrong. What would you call it?

We all have our complaints and wish list items for DCS (how long have I been complaining about missile guidance, chaff etc) but DCS MP must be a standardised playing field. Once you start allowing these sort of hacks you ruin it for everyone.

Edited by ///Rage

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Anyone else getting some deja-vu from about 8 years ago while discussing LEAVU and integrity checks?

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Hmm, interesting logic Rage but seems a bit weightless to me. If we consider LEAVU a cheat according to your criteria we have to put on the same shelf goodies like TrackIR and any HOTAS system because at least my copy of DCS and all the modules I've purchased didn't come with them and I had to buy them separately. Since you are so much for the fair game I guess you're flying with the keyboard and using the mouse to look around?

Or you'd say that since I have to pay for it it's not considered a cheat? Yoda should have made it payware, not that he would become that rich but I'm pretty sure the attitude would be much different. That just confirms something I learned in my current job - people don't take seriously things that come to them free of charge..

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Could we use this tool to make sure that everyone could have a functioning DATALINK? (I'm not even sure if we already have one currently by default that works in MP)Ofcourse the module would need to support it as in RL and we have to put trust in the designer or others with knowledge to not use it to gain a advantage.

I like what the dev are trying to do. But unlike Starways work this is more than a make over and in my oppionion messing around with these systems should be viewed as hacking. It is up to ED to make sure that everyone have the same basic system in regards to FC3 sensors

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hmm, interesting logic Rage but seems a bit weightless to me. If we consider LEAVU a cheat according to your criteria we have to put on the same shelf goodies like TrackIR and any HOTAS system because at least my copy of DCS and all the modules I've purchased didn't come with them and I had to buy them separately. Since you are so much for the fair game I guess you're flying with the keyboard and using the mouse to look around?

Or you'd say that since I have to pay for it it's not considered a cheat? Yoda should have made it payware, not that he would become that rich but I'm pretty sure the attitude would be much different. That just confirms something I learned in my current job - people don't take seriously things that come to them free of charge..

You don't understadn what he's talking about, LEAVU effectively augments your aircraft's systems, in Russian aircraft you get a much better RWR, in the mig-21 you'd get an amazing systems update, that i'm not sure any real life mig-21 even has.

I pretty much understand but there is a huge difference between "cheat" and "(un)realistic". Leavu is a public release - use it or don't use it. Like any public server out there - fly there or don't.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

A joystick is DCS recommended spec. Look it up. A gods eye hack of DCS that bypasses all integrity checks and server restrictions is not. If you dont see the difference between the two then god help you.

I pretty much understand but there is a huge difference between "cheat" and "(un)realistic". Leavu is a public release - use it or don't use it. Like any public server out there - fly there or don't.

I dont want to use it. But I also dont want people flying on my server to use it either. Right now they can and theres no way to tell. Evidently ED are going to patch this IC bypass and so im happy. But to pretend its not a hack that gives its user a massive advantage over others is disingenuous.

Im glad ED is patching this. The alternative would have been to accept that public servers have no control over the 'enhancements' clients give themselves or that users who openly admit to or are found to be using such 'enhancements' be blacklisted and banned from public servers and events that dont want them used. Both alternatives ruin MP for everyone.

Edited by ///Rage

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guys, please, calm down. One of the points of the new IC is to make MP a fair play.

This mod, which I was unaware of before, runs outside of the scope of the IC. It uses the Export API. We have a server-side option to allow/forbid world objects export, but no option to control the ownship export, just because it was assumed to be safe.

So, talking about LEAVU-style mods, this is a simple question of adding a server-side option to allow/forbid ownship export. If I understand you correctly and this is what you want - the option will be added soon - it is relatively simple to implement.

Nice to hear! :)

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So, talking about LEAVU-style mods, this is a simple question of adding a server-side option to allow/forbid ownship export. If I understand you correctly and this is what you want - the option will be added soon - it is relatively simple to implement.

Can you please make sure we still can have server side object export for Tacview?

• ED Team
Can you please make sure we still can have server side object export for Tacview?

Sure. Current policy is that server has the same freedom as the single-player mode.

The present allow_object_export option does affect only clients. allow_ownship_export will work the same way.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

A joystick is DCS recommended spec. Look it up. A gods eye hack of DCS that bypasses all integrity checks and server restrictions is not. If you dont see the difference between the two then god help you.

I dont want to use it. But I also dont want people flying on my server to use it either. Right now they can and theres no way to tell. Evidently ED are going to patch this IC bypass and so im happy. But to pretend its not a hack that gives its user a massive advantage over others is disingenuous.

Im glad ED is patching this. The alternative would have been to accept that public servers have no control over the 'enhancements' clients give themselves or that users who openly admit to or are found to be using such 'enhancements' be blacklisted and banned from public servers and events that dont want them used. Both alternatives ruin MP for everyone.

Minimum system requirements: OS 64-bit Windows 7/8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Core i3; RAM: 8 GB; Free hard disk space: 30 GB; Video: 2 GB RAM card, DirectX11 - compatible; requires internet activation.

Recommended system requirements: OS 64-bit Windows 7/8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Core i5+; RAM: 16GB; Hard disk space: 30 GB; Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX780 / ATI R9 290 DirectX11 or better; Joystick; requires internet activation.

Tell me where does it say TIR.

And it says joystick, not HOTAS so please turn in your throttle if you will please.

But hey you're right, you can and should be able to force stuff on your own server. But stating LEAVU is a hack is nonsense. There is no hack, there is ownship data being used and shared. Hacking is something completely different so please... There is no exploit being used, this was made possible by ED on purpose.

For reasons I can't explain, people seem to think that buying an enhancement like TIR or a HOTAS is legit. But as soon as you write one you are 'hacking/cheating'. By your logic you can't fly against people who don't have TIR because it gives you an unfair advantage. Let alone what Vive/Oculus will bring to the table. So it seems to me only the ones with deep pockets are allowed to have more benefits.

What if a custom terrain mod gives you better visibility of bogies flying around the terrain because the contrast is slightly different. What about sweetfx...

Where will you draw the line and with what arguments.

If Yoda wanted to do anything he felt was morally wrong he wouldn't have made this program or share it with the public.

Most of what you've described is being dealt with by the new IC. And there have been instances of people using terrain and sound mods to cheat. Juat ask any of the competitive server admins. Again hopefully being dealt with with the new IC.

As for the throttle and TIR, I have no use for them. I'm always flying gate and see only lines of code on my display ala matrix :) Ask a ridiculous question gst a ridiculous answer:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You can ridicule anything you like but it won't make it any less true.

Are you going to force resolution for everyone to 1080p or is that free? Since 720p bogies show up larger, hence, advantage.

Seems to me TIR gives the biggest advantage out of everything I've seen until the VR goggles came out. Now that gives an unfair advantage to the users of that.

Those products don't come with the game but the developers made it possible for you to use just like the export data.

Hypocrisy all the way I guess. Good job.

Fully respect what you're trying to do. Enforcing vanilla gameplay is probably something many want the option to do, though I have no interest in attending such events myself. Like I said before, I was under the assumption the allow_ownship_export was already implemented before through IC, though it turns out now IC could not handle it.

However please stop claiming it's a hack. Leavu is based on ownship data given by APIs documented by ED. There is no more hacking involved then developing new flyable aircraft like the mig21. Leavu has no gods eye data source of the battlefield - it runs entirely on data from own aircraft instrument and sensors shared across a flight data link.

In the future however, with the LotAtc integration being made - gods eye will be closer - but still limited by what the actual awacs and ewr radars see on your side (just like lotatc - exact same limitations because leavu would use the data given by lotatc). And of course it requires the server admin to enable the feature in lotatc.

I don't know who was talking about it earlier but RL GCI can give you more info than Leavu not less - both vocally but also over two way messaging and symbols

Edited by =RvE=Yoda
  • Like 1

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

I'm with Yoda, it's not a hack if the data's available via ED's export mechanism. That said, I also fully support making ownship data export server sided, because Leavu _does_ give you an universal sensor upgrade that's in no way realistic. Can't have that either...

But hey, case closed by c0ff. Ain't we ALL happy campers again, eh :)

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Most of what you've described is being dealt with by the new IC. And there have been instances of people using terrain and sound mods to cheat. Juat ask any of the competitive server admins. Again hopefully being dealt with with the new IC.

As for the throttle and TIR, I have no use for them. I'm always flying gate and see only lines of code on my display ala matrix :) Ask a ridiculous question gst a ridiculous answer:)

I guess now i understand what are you doing here by being so offending and put such none-respectful posts like this!

[super cheaters! How do you guys sleep at night?]

[The "God" view that you get when using this. The same SA is not available to another multiplayer pilot that is not running this, hence the "cheat" status this is given by all reputable DCS multiplayer pilots. Enjoy it while you can as it's about to be squashed by the new DCS file "integrity check" (IC). The following posted just today by an Eagle Dynamics team member: "....... Guys, please, calm down. One of the points of the new IC is to make MP a fair play. This mod, which I was unaware of before, runs outside of the scope of the IC. It uses the Export API. We have a server-side option to allow/forbid world objects export, but no option to control the ownship export, just because it was assumed to be safe. So, talking about LEAVU-style mods, this is a simple question of adding a server-side option to allow/forbid ownship export. If I understand you correctly and this is what you want - the option will be added soon - it is relatively simple to implement......" - Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics So, soon it will be Bye Bye cheaters Ha Ha! Find another way to get around your lack of skill and character.]

Again and to make it short, we are not cheating here and we are not accepting your way of sorting things out in non respectful way to any of us or our effort.

We provided legal information allowed by ED and those information are reachable through the AC or Comms.

For now, i guess we all happy about having the option available so admins can decide what they want to go for and players can decide what to join.

I'm with Yoda, it's not a hack if the data's available via ED's export mechanism. That said, I also fully support making ownship data export server sided, because Leavu _does_ give you an universal sensor upgrade that's in no way realistic. Can't have that either...

But hey, case closed by c0ff. Ain't we ALL happy campers again, eh :)

Agreed with everything except "no way realistic". Imo albino turkeys are still turkeys. So an upgrade to albino turkey is still better than staying with vanilla chicken.. get it? :)

web_logo-300x199.png

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

leavu is fantastic. Comparable to the Russians having info on their screen with an AWACS around. F-15s are meant to have datalink after all.

This mod is fantastic yes but please don't try and claim it as realistic or fine for multiplayer.

The real F-15 of today has datalink, AESA, HMCS, AIM-9X etc. all good but ED's F-15 does not. The DCS F-15 cockpit is that of between an APG-63PSP and (v)1 this version probably doesn't even exist anymore, it didn't have datalink or any of the modern fancy gizmos above.

So please don't try and claim all is fair to use such mods in the multiplayer environment. This is no different to increasing radar power, missile capability, engine perfomance, adding an APG and R77 to the MiG21, giving the Mirage an APG and MICA etc. ED set the bar, changing the amount of information your aircraft allows you to see not only the F-15 but any of the FC3 aircraft is reaching over this bar.

Edited by Frostie

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

• ED Team

just a reminder to stay on topic " New File Integrity Check "

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

yes it is, so appreciate if you can talk with more logic and in more respectful way.

In my opinion it is disrespectful to the community to be flying around in public servers with god sensor mode on with no way for anyone to check it. If youre attributing the hatemail you got in your youtube comments to me then you're wrong. I would never risk my reputation by posting like that. Infact iirc I have never commented on youtube videos. What you see there is a community response. You're doing not mine.

Also I was concerned about this:

LEAVU won't show up in IC. Ever.

Whatever we want to belong in MP ... will belong in MP :)

But hopefully, none of this matters anymore and we can move on.

Edited by ///Rage

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]