New File Integrity Check

Shahdoh

• ED Team
Nice, seems like a reasonable protocol.

That said, let's assume I'm a Single Player user and I use a bunch of SP modules, that either edit .lua files or add textures. Will this integrity check prevent me from running the game althogether, forcing even SP mods to have a manifest, or is it only a check that happens when connecting to MP servers?

Some of the changes to the game and official modules will definitely be forbidden, but only those directly related to the DRM.

All other modification to the existing files will be ok for SP and non-IC servers.

I'm not sure about adding textures/sounds: adding a file to the game will imply a module, because game, as planned, won't see any files not listed in the manifests. So, this will require to have a manifest, though it is still an open question how to implement this requirement in the most transparent and user-friendly way. Probably, it will be able to do on-the-fly manifest creation for 'Saved Games' mods. Things are not set in stone yet.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

So how do you turn on/off this new IC on a server? I can't seem to find any info or instructions on how to incorporate and manage this new IC method. Is it just a matter of switching it on or off or is there more to using IC? :dunno:

Right now its only on 2.0. When you make a server there is a little checkbox that dictates whether IC is enabled or disabled. It is very similar to existing options like allow object export.

• Like 1

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

LEAVU won't show up in IC. Ever.

Those of us who want to use it can and will continue to do so without any problems whatsoever.

Whatever we want to belong in MP ... will belong in MP :)

Doesnt this give a huge advantage to anyone who's using LEAVU over those that are not?

If it cannot be checked for in IC and the MP servers cannot enforce it than this kills any notion of fair play.

Whats even scarier is that there is now way to tell who is using it and who isnt. In my opnion this is a disaster for DCS MP.

Edited by ///Rage

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

There are no plans to disallow mods...

LEAVU won't show up in IC. Ever...

So, what is the point of that revolutionary IC then if cheat like a LEAVU can be used and can`t be detected?

Edited by Falcon_S

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

Leavu is nice tool, why do you have problem with this? This is not a cheat, was proud and happy to use it in LO1 times and if I sit again behind F-15 I am gonna use it again ^^

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Leavu is nice tool, why do you have problem with this? This is not a cheat, was proud and happy to use it in LO1 times and if I sit again behind F-15 I am gonna use it again ^^

Why was prohibited at that time, LO1 time? And where you use it proudly at that time?

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

This makes any future competition (Joint warrior, Red Flag, Blueflag etc) a no go. Clearly its already being used on the 104th. Do those people that got shot down know that their opponent had the overview and SA augment he had? I doubt it.

Why bother when you have no idea if the opposing team has a 360 deg gods eye view of whats happening or not?

Its a great and a very powerful mod for those who want to use it. But there should be a way to eliminate its use for clients who use it on your own server.

Edited by ///Rage

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

So, what is the point of that revolutionary IC then if cheat like a LEAVU can be used and can`t be detected?

It makes your situational awarness much better and easier to manage, is that correct?

If so I agree, that is a cheat comparable with Wallhack in FPS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

Of course it is a cheat. This mod, community was rejected a few years ago. Now again pushing it as something good. From now everything can be worse, the way how this mod functioning opens the door to others, show how to make cheat mods and avoid all dcs security protocols.

Edited by Falcon_S

• ED Team

Guys, please, calm down. One of the points of the new IC is to make MP a fair play.

This mod, which I was unaware of before, runs outside of the scope of the IC. It uses the Export API. We have a server-side option to allow/forbid world objects export, but no option to control the ownship export, just because it was assumed to be safe.

So, talking about LEAVU-style mods, this is a simple question of adding a server-side option to allow/forbid ownship export. If I understand you correctly and this is what you want - the option will be added soon - it is relatively simple to implement.

Edited by c0ff

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

Guys, please, calm down. One of the points of the new IC is to make MP a fair play.

This mod, which I was unaware of before, runs outside of the scope of the IC. It uses the Export API. We have a server-side option to allow/forbid world objects export, but no option to control the ownship export, just because it was assumed to be safe.

So, talking about LEAVU-style mods, this is a simple question of adding a server-side option to allow/forbid ownship export. If I understand you correctly and this is what you want - the option will be added soon - it is relatively simple to implement.

Yes. Use IC to squash these "cheat" mods and figure a way to allow useful mods like added objects and terrains.

.... and get this working in Ver 1.5 too! :thumbup:

So - I just found this thread!

Are you guys saying you cannot block leavu3 with existing IC? I always assumed you could when I started developing it :S. I haven't received a single message from server admins about it - I just assumed they were happy campers just like us. Good then they you can now have a simple button for it that fixed the problem.

I'm a little sad though that many people simply refer to cockpit extension mods as cheats. There's really a lot of effort put into enhancing the flight and combat experience, environment and immersion in both lets say helios and leavu3.

I guess we're all looking for a different flight environment online. Some prefer the game to act one way, some prefer another. I think some of the RvE members, Flame especially, are thinking of launching a dedicated server where such tools are encouraged - and we're also working together with LotAtc developers to create a fully integrated environment between awacs-gci-leavu. Me personally I have no interest flying a game with limited avionics when I don't have to, but thats just me. Server admins should of course be able to configure and restrict whatever they want.

Leavu3 capabilities is really nothing special in terms of modern aircraft. In fact it is quite and intentionally dumbed down in many areas. We really only use ownship data (such as explained earlier by devs with ownship export API) - and it is quite limited.

Way back when we developed Leavu2, the ED developers helped us directly to adjust and improve the self data export APIs. We really couldn't have created the mod without them/you and we're really happy about the help we got. If you, ED, have any questions or if you have time to answer some about these APIs or future of these kinds of mods, that would be highly appreciated. This has pretty much been the case since 2007 or so I believe (Around 2012 I took a break from hobby simming - still simmed/flew professionally though) - So Leavu2 was never "abandoned" because of some kind of hate or flame wars as was suggested earlier in this thread. It's just that this particular developer's personal hobbies changed over time :=). Leavu2 and Leavu3 are almost identical in terms of presentation and capability - with some small presentation differences. Leavu3 is just better code and dcs support, whereas leavu2 was awful code and doesnt really work well with anything beyond lofc 1.2.

Possible future ideas include:

- HMD on google glass :)... All those missing bfm modes :pilotfly:.

- Server browser with integrated mod-manager & IC

Edited by =RvE=Yoda
  • Like 3

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

It is a unfair advantage..it's not a cockpit extension you are giving players info they should not have. the SU/Mig get a US RWR with type and distance and the F15 gets distance info better then normal. To me this mod is the equivalent of a ESP cheat when used in a group. i just hope in the end it doesnt break peoples home cockpits, if people want to use this in single player i'm all for that but this mod does not belong in MP.

• Like 1

8700k@4.7 32GB ram, 1080TI hybrid SC2