Oculus Rift with DCS World Discussion

NineLine

No problem, I have this googles from July and I can believe yet the change from the monitor to this, i use FS since 13 (42 right now) with a green phosphor monitor with a cga or vga emulator, then a monochrome vga, then a syncmaster3...now this...this is a point of no return for me.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk Pro

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas

Hello everyone, i just bought oculus rift c1 and i need some advice for the setting. Tested 3 games il2, war thunder and dcs. My vr works well with il2 and war thunder texture and gauges clear and easy to read, but with dcs looks more blurry. i have i5 8400, gtx1070, 16 ram, 250 ssd.

p_9880kijq1.png

p_988u61w02.png

p_9880hqhp3.png

p_988p6xcq4.png

p_988zzrc75.png

any suggestion ? :book:

Turn lens effects off.

Lower Pixel Density to 1.2 or even 1.0.

Increase the pre-load radius - should be able to greatly increase this, like maybe 3/4 to the right.

Increase Anisotropic Filtering - 8x or even 16x ( not much a hit on performance and helps visuals).

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Turn lens effects off.

Lower Pixel Density to 1.2 or even 1.0.

Increase the pre-load radius - should be able to greatly increase this, like maybe 3/4 to the right.

Increase Anisotropic Filtering - 8x or even 16x ( not much a hit on performance and helps visuals).

Thanks a lot,:thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Probably a noob question, but i simply can't find the answer to it...

Is it possible to turn off, or minimize, the Oculus Touch vibration somewhere?

These things vibrate like crazy when pointing at clickable switches. Would be nice to feel one very small buzz when hovering over a button, but currently in a clickable cockpit they are vibrating non stop :P

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Any chance ED will require CW and CCW keyboard commands for rotary encoders on all modules. This really is a immersion breaker for VR. Having to look at or use a hand controller to turn is cumbersome. I love the CW and CCW commands they implemented. Easy to assign joystick buttons to those commands.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

Probably a noob question, but i simply can't find the answer to it...

Is it possible to turn off, or minimize, the Oculus Touch vibration somewhere?

These things vibrate like crazy when pointing at clickable switches. Would be nice to feel one very small buzz when hovering over a button, but currently in a clickable cockpit they are vibrating non stop :P

I just got the following reply from Oculus support:

Hello Matthijs,

Thank you for reaching out to us here at Oculus Support.

There isn't a way to disable the Touch controllers vibration, it's built in as part of the haptics system for the Touch controllers, to provide you with a more immersive experience.

Are you having issues with the vibration that are causing you to want to turn it off?

I look forward to hearing back from you,

Oculus Support

I find it hard to believe I'm the first one to be annoyed by this. Fortunately it's only a minor detail on an overal great experience :P

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

How can you use the Touch controllers and fly the plane at the same time?

I have the Touch controllers on my desk when I fly but since they are not active they do not vibrate if I use the cockpit buttons and dials.

Don't use touch controllers. Made my own 4 button controller for the throttle. I assigned the buttons to the mouse functions in UI Layer. Use the Oculus itself as the mouse pointer.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

How can you use the Touch controllers and fly the plane at the same time?

I have the Touch controllers on my desk when I fly but since they are not active they do not vibrate if I use the cockpit buttons and dials.

I use the touch controllers for starting/setting everything up and while cruising on autopilot. I find it slightly more emersive using touch controllers instead of my mouse.

During combat or "action" I do use the mouse and my hotas key binds

System specs:

I use an Alienware Aurora R7 Intel Core i7-8700K CPU, 32GB ram Nvidia 1080TI Windows 10 Pro Oculus. With the DCS settings on highest or lowest ASW on or off single or multiplayer I get 45 fps is there any thing I can do to boost it. when its on the start page it show up to 125 fps but once a mission is loaded 45 fps constant

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

I use an Alienware Aurora R7 Intel Core i7-8700K CPU, 32GB ram Nvidia 1080TI Windows 10 Pro Oculus. With the DCS settings on highest or lowest ASW on or off single or multiplayer I get 45 fps is there any thing I can do to boost it. when its on the start page it show up to 125 fps but once a mission is loaded 45 fps constant

Look here, maybe it helps.. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=221940

:pilotfly: :joystick:

I just purchased the box containing Oculus Rift I only show the Oculus and the hand items do sensors come with it or do I need to buy that as extra

You get the two sensors included with the latest Rift package :thumbup:

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB

CORSAIR H105 HYDRO CPU COOLER.

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Elite.

16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

SAMSUNG M.2 SSD 128GB SM951 Boot Drive.

SAMSUNG SSD 500GB EVO Working Drive.

Windows 10 Professional

Is anyone having problems with the 1.31 Oculus software update? I have to have home running to get any video to my headset. This is making my fps tank.

Gigabyte Z390 mobo, i9-9900K, 32gb ram, GTX 2080 ti, Evo 970 nvme 1tb, 2 DSD button box OSW panels, Oculus Rift CV1, Odyssey Plus, Valve Index, Rift S, HP Reverb, 2 SimRacingStudio wind sim fans, MFG Crosswind pedals, Warthog hotas w 50mm extension, Simlab GT1 EVOcockpit, Gametrix Jet Seat, SFX-100 3DOF motion, 8 transducers, 2 Cougar MFD's

DCS World, Simshaker for Aviators, sound module

Modules: P51, F/18, All Rotor craft, F14, F16, FC3

Super Carrier

Is anyone having problems with the 1.31 Oculus software update? I have to have home running to get any video to my headset. This is making my fps tank.

The official release of Oculus Rift Core 2.0 , disables the ability to run the Rift without Home running. Personally for me I saw no noticeable difference, but I have been running it now for several months through the beta. And I get into the Rift Core 2.0/Dash stuff.

I would encourage any and all that are not happy with this change, to use the submit feedback form from your Oculus desktop app. The Oculus forum has a lot of folks expressing their unhappiness with this change, best way to do so though is through the submit feedback option in Oculus app.

Maybe the more they hear from customers, they might consider doing something about it.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

what's the ideal pixel density for the rift? I'm having some trouble reading the MFDs in the a-10c.

also, is there a way to set my game to show in full screen with proper aspect ratio in my monitor while i'm in VR?

Rafael

Ryzen 7 1800x @ 4ghz | MSI GTX 980ti | 32gb DDR4 Ballistix 2400Mhz | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero (wi-fi) | 480Gb Kingston NVMe ssd | Western Digital 1TB x2 | EVGA 850w PSU | Noctua NH-D14 | NZXT S240 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | 4k 50" Philips android TV | Dell P2418D | Oculus Rift S | Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas

what's the ideal pixel density for the rift? I'm having some trouble reading the MFDs in the a-10c.

also, is there a way to set my game to show in full screen with proper aspect ratio in my monitor while i'm in VR?

It really depends on your eyes. But most set it at 1.5 and adjust from their.

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

It really depends on your eyes. But most set it at 1.5 and adjust from their.

Also depends on your system and performance.

With my current rig I can't go above 1.3 and maintain a min of 45 fps.

At least not with the graphics options I choose to have.

Don B

Also depends on your system and performance.

With my current rig I can't go above 1.3 and maintain a min of 45 fps.

At least not with the graphics options I choose to have.

i did not test this extensively but I did set it to 1, 1.5 and 2.5 and didnt notice any difference at all. gonna test some more later.

Rafael

Ryzen 7 1800x @ 4ghz | MSI GTX 980ti | 32gb DDR4 Ballistix 2400Mhz | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero (wi-fi) | 480Gb Kingston NVMe ssd | Western Digital 1TB x2 | EVGA 850w PSU | Noctua NH-D14 | NZXT S240 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | 4k 50" Philips android TV | Dell P2418D | Oculus Rift S | Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas

Hello, do you know if is possible to disable vibration on touch controllers?

Because it seems that with the latest updates on dcs, the controllers vibrate continuously when you pass the cursor on a clickable switch. This is quite annoying and also drain a lot the batteries.

thanks

A.

Hello, do you know if is possible to disable vibration on touch controllers?

Because it seems that with the latest updates on dcs, the controllers vibrate continuously when you pass the cursor on a clickable switch. This is quite annoying and also drain a lot the batteries.

thanks

A.

See my post one page back (post #2132)

Guess I'm not the only one annoyed by this anyway ;)

Follow up email. In case anyone's interested:

Hello J...,

Thank you for the reply.

It's not that there is anything wrong with the controllers, it's just that in the application I'm running (DCS World) you find yourself pointing the touch controllers at multiple small clickable objects (buttons and switches) that are very close to eachother and everytime you point at something, the controller vibrates.. A little too much for my comfort.

But ok, now at least I know I can't turn it off

Reply from Oculus support:

Hey Matthijs,

Thanks you getting back to me.

You may want to reach out to the developer, as they control which inputs would trigger a vibration. They may have a way to disable it for that application.

That would be on a per application basis though.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Oculus Support

Edited by sirrah

System specs: